The Spine

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Alan

Reserve Grader
The most important positions are the Numbers 1,6,7 & 9. With rare exceptions these are the positions that command the big dollars because you can't win a premiership without outstanding players in all 4 of them.

For a 1st rate fullback, clubs will pay $550,000pa plus.

The amount offered to Hiku of $333,000pa is NOT what you would offer a player you thought was going to be your number 1. It would be an insult.

It is however an amount you would offer a pretty good utility player that could cover your backline.

Used to be that all you wanted your players to display was 'backbone'.
Now we have the Gen Y word 'spine', to go along with 'red zone', 'line-runner', 'nice angles', 'bomb-diffuser', 'hit-ups', 'good D' . . .
There really is a lot of cr*p talked in RL these days.

The Who said:
Now we have the Gen Y word 'spine', to go along with 'red zone', 'line-runner', 'nice angles', 'bomb-diffuser', 'hit-ups', 'good D' . . .

Don't forget 'A and B defenders' or the 'inside shoulder'.

StuBoot said:
The Who said:

Don't forget the worst of all....TRENT!!

I still think good props go a long way to winning premierships. The backs can't really do much if the team isn't on top in the forwards.

When they are all fit an firing, there has been no better 'spine' in rugby league (club football at least) in the past 30 years than Snake, Foz, DCE and Matty Ballin.

The only quartet I can think of that was as good or almost as good was Canberra's spine of Gary Belcher, Laurie Daley, Ricky Stuart and Steve Walters back in the late 80's and early 90's.

StuBoot said:
The Who said:

The term 'The Spine' doesn't faze me, but the term 'Phase' really fazes me. Keep it away please.

Chip and Chase said:
So because we are only paying him $250K it means we don't want him ??

I wish I could find a company that didn't rate me and wanted to insult me with $250K p.a.
Doesn't sound quite so much if you know you might need a hip replacement in about 10 years like poor Robbo (or something even worse) ...!!

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2