The Silvertails,Noone likes us and we just love it

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

The Eagle

First Grader
Hello anyone who can be bothered reading a long post

As we all have known from very early on in our following of NSWRL ARL or NRL, when people ask who you go for,the mere words Manly or Sea Eagles often brings an amount of disrespect from opposing fans,if we went for anyone else it would be more a oh,instead of the Errr or Ewww we recieve

We are not well recieved

Its become clear to me the main reason of this discontent is pure jealousy,plain and simple,we were all alive during one of our premierships,myself its been 3,the 1st a win over the raiders who would later defect to super league and eventually have a man get his crotch "licked" by a dog,following which he joins the club with the unfortunate name Warrington Wolves

Few and far between league fans respect our club,letting jealousy overwhelm them,the ones who dont treat us with utter disdain realise we were there fighting for the ARL in the super league war and instead keep their hatred for the defectors

After this time,we practiced inbreeding for a lack of a better word,joining with the bad news bears to become one of the worst clubs in the world of rugby league,it was essentially having sex with your cousin,while we were having some financial strain we were able to join the newly reformed NRL,however possibly pitty for our nearest neighbours got the best of our board and we joined them,mostly on our terms,however the marriage was destined for failure,many fans including me could not stomach those terrible jerseys or being part of a merge,we believed our club was better than a merger

Finally,after a few agonising years we let them go into hibernation,which they may one day awake from,time will tell and i will welcome them,they were a foundation club and even though i hate them as much as the next manly fan,i dont want their fans to suffer to long,if we let the rabbits back then why not the bears quiet frankly,aslong as they fully relocate to the coast,juniors included im all for it,but maybe at the expansion to 20 instead of 18 to further the foothold of the NRL on australian audiences

Back to the story,we struggled for a few more years,finally saved by a couple of bussinessmen,there was one,shortly followed another,i will respect them for as long as i live,for keeping my team alive,i will be annoyed by sledging from one of them to another,its childish and its over,grow up please you 2

Everyone in the league was feeling sorry for us,a foul disgusting feeling if ive ever felt one,how dare they feel sorry for manly,from 2005 to 2006 they were looking over their shoulders,but still feeling sorry for us,then finally,we not only win a premiership,no that would be to easy,we win a premiership obliterating the socalled NRL measuring stick,effectively removing the aura of invulnerability from them and finally,instead of that sickly sorry manly feeling i felt from other fans,the hate was back and i was in my element,the last few years however had mixed results,but the hate remained

Our very image is a negative connentation,while us fans cheer for the club,other clubs fans dislike our team and club,even us because we have that aura about us,win at all costs,no fairy tales will be made off our backs and we will not submit

Other posters believe "Noone likes us and we dont care" is going to cause general dissaray from the general public,to those posters i say its our image and we're running with it,every club has aspects that other teams fans just dont understand,be it the strange obsession with Piggy Riddell in his time at parra,the iconic flick pass of Benji Marshall being attempted by tigers fans with food or footballs if theyre young enough to dream,that ridiculous GST sign thats at EVERY saint merge game

Its not just a sign,its part of their image and for mine,i think our clubs flavour is well worth keeping,it makes us winning that little bit more sweet,knowing that fans from 15 other clubs cant stand it and it annoys some of them so much they just have a bitchfit,to me losing a sign of such iconic value is just a tragedy,the sign is not just a sign,but a picture into our past,present and future,it screams in arrogance that you will always hate us,because we will win and upon that we will feast on your tears

Think about it,what does that sign really say for us

Is it really so bad having a sign of our pride?
Do you really think people with a bussiness mind will say no because of a single sign?
Is the bussiness world really stupid enough to think arrogance is a wholely negative?

And as my last words on this post,does anyone actually care about another club having 4000 paying members paying membership that doesnt even include a single GA ticket to a game played by the said club?

1000 posts .....ahah !! That'll explain why you were drinking before midday.

bob dylan link said:
Congrats Shane 1000 posts and very little bad karma.

;)
Hey Bob, cant wait to see you in Perth headlining the West Coast Blues and roots festival in April.

bob dylan link said:

;)
WAMF link said:
[quote author=bob dylan link=topic=186085.msg308633#msg308633 date=1291516292]

;)
Hey Bob, cant wait to see you in Perth headlining the West Coast Blues and roots festival in April.
[/quote]
By the time I get to see bob dylan play, I fear I'll be "knocking on heavens door"...

WAMF link said:
[quote author=bob dylan link=topic=186085.msg308633#msg308633 date=1291516292]

;)
[/quote]

The tour is not finalised yet, but Perth and Byron Bay are confirmed.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4