The No-Look News (Schuster Chronicles)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The only time we looked dangerous last night in attack was when Foran took the ball to the line. It’s how Saab scored, it’s how Christian T scored, and it caused multiple line breaks for Saab and Garrick. Foran also chased the kick that caused Gutho to drop the ball for the Harper no try.

Just because Foran is 32 and there is a younger player coming through with some razzle dazzle, doesn’t mean we aren’t farewelling our best attacking player. Foran’s smart percentage based ball playing is more effective and consistent than a guy who can put on the odd piece of magic.

No secret in the fact that Guac and Koulas best games were when DCE was in Origin and Foz was running the show. On a side note if we could sign anyone I would be going for Dylan Brown what an absolute Gun he is. Too good a player to play for that **** club.

There’s some real rubbish being spewed on here about Josh.

A few things to consider:

Josh had been manufactured into a forward coming into the top grade. He had to change his body composition to play consistently as a forward.

The past 18 months has been pretty tough for a kids who saw his best mate die on the training paddock.

No one here knows about the factors that have led to a poor season in regards to his form.

He’s not the first player to suffer second year syndrome but I back him to bounce back in 2023.

Rarely do I read between the lines ... or attribute negative motivations to people's actions ... and I concede I might be 100% wrong ... BUT ..

Why in the name of Sam Hill is he getting out in public after a game at 10 o'clock at night and running time trials ... in front of an audience

Is he completely mad ...?

Is there no other time in a 7 day week he can do this ... ?

Or is it a grand standing public relations exercise to counter the negative press he is getting about his fitness and attitude ... dreamed up by his manager .

Sorry ... time trials at 10 pm at night in front of a crowd after a flogging .... he is window licking, slack jawed, crayon eating loopy ...
Different players have been doing it all year. Obviously something the Mad (not even close to a) Professor likes to do. Don't play them at Blacktown to get them match fit and practised, just leave them hanging around Brookie in the cold, watching others do what they want to be doing, then go out for a training run in front of (often) disappointed fans.

Different players have been doing it all year. Obviously something the Mad (not even close to a) Professor likes to do. Don't play them at Blacktown to get them match fit and practised, just leave them hanging around Brookie in the cold, watching others do what they want to be doing, then go out for a training run in front of (often) disappointed fans.

Thanks .. okay I'll retract and apologize for my statement re the Shu ... and direct them towards the fitness guru who dreamed up the nonsense .

No secret in the fact that Guac and Koulas best games were when DCE was in Origin and Foz was running the show. On a side note if we could sign anyone I would be going for Dylan Brown what an absolute Gun he is. Too good a player to play for that **** club.

Interestly Parra persevered with Dylan Brown from a very young age, riding his up and lots of down form playing his preferred 5/8.
Has played 74 matches for Parra after debuting in 2019 at age 18. He is now 22.
Parra are now reaping the rewards.

I can only imagine how good Schuster would have been by now if Manly had invested in Josh playing 5/8th when he debuted last year, instead of manufacturing him to play 2nd row to make way for Des's fav son.

For what? Two years of Foran at the end of his career who is fuking off anyway because he didn't get another two years from Manly.

A complete waste of two years for Manly.

Interestly Parra persevered with Dylan Brown from a very young age, riding his up and lots of down form playing his preferred 5/8.

I can only imagine how good Schuster would have been by now if Manly had invested in Josh playing 5/8th when he debuted last year, instead of manufacturing him to play 2nd row to make way for Des's fav son.

For what? Two years of Foran at the end of his career who is fuking off anyway because he didn't get another two years from Manly.

The Dylan Brown example was a valid one . feathered friend

The Dylan Brown example was a valid one . feathered friend

Parra are now reaping the benefits of investing in the young with plenty of potential.
Cowboys and Brisbane are reaping the same benefits by blooding young players earlier instead of later.
Penrith did it 5 years ago.

But Des plays old players like Foran and Davey for his short term gain, not the long game and the betterment of Manly in the long term by investing in young guns.

Schuster proved last year he is good enough. Koula has proved this year he is good enough, however Koula only got his spot through injury and Harper getting cleaned up by Cronulla.

Ben T gets stuff all time on the field, so no wonder he has not progressed.

Last edited:
I saw The Shoe doing the pre-match warm up. I was in a good vantage point and I did not think he looked overweight. He is solid.
Anyway, we'll find out next week when he must play 5/8 as Foran is out injured.

I saw The Shoe doing the pre-match warm up. I was in a good vantage point and I did not think he looked overweight. He is solid.
I agree. However the warm up shirt was loose fitting.

I have to disagree. Foran was precisely the type of player that has been missing since, we’ll he left the first time.
Having a player that digs deep into the line and straightens up the attack is essential, as long as we have to tolerate DCE being also in the team.
I sincerely hope Schuster has a strong off season and develops into a much better player than he’s shown this year. I’ve said it before, he’s got enormous talent and potential to be a wonderful player for us. It’s now up to him to get his head in the right space because now we’ve lost Foran again, we really need it.

I have to disagree. Foran was precisely the type of player that has been missing since, we’ll he left the first time.
Having a player that digs deep into the line and straightens up the attack is essential, as long as we have to tolerate DCE being also in the team.
I sincerely hope Schuster has a strong off season and develops into a much better player than he’s shown this year. I’ve said it before, he’s got enormous talent and potential to be a wonderful player for us. It’s now up to him to get his head in the right space because now we’ve lost Foran again, we really need it.

I can see your perspective, but please tell me, what has Manly gained or won in the last two years of Foran playing?

We made the semis last year due to Turbo and the touch footy rules. We have done nothing this year.

DCE is here and our long term half due to Foran screwing with Manly in 2015.

All I see that has happened is a great talent has not been given the opportunity to improve because Des wanted short term gain to keep his job. He was not looking after Manly’s long term future.

Wow ... that is a bold statement old mate ... love your confidence ...

But I gotta tell ya .... it will be the best week EVAR on Silvetails if Dessie decides to go with ... arrr let's see ... maybe Walker or Weekes at 5/8 ...

PSS ... I'll be loading the popcorn in the micro wave on Tuesday just in case ..

Rarely do I read between the lines ... or attribute negative motivations to people's actions ... and I concede I might be 100% wrong ... BUT ..

Why in the name of Sam Hill is he getting out in public after a game at 10 o'clock at night and running time trials ... in front of an audience

Is he completely mad ...?

Is there no other time in a 7 day week he can do this ... ?

Or is it a grand standing public relations exercise to counter the negative press he is getting about his fitness and attitude ... dreamed up by his manager .

Sorry ... time trials at 10 pm at night in front of a crowd after a flogging .... he is window licking, slack jawed, crayon eating loopy ...
Surely him running time trials cannot be true? IF it is true - it is only just a PR tactic - and it yet again proves... this guy is ALL about him. I also dont buy this garbage of the stories circulating about him wanting to be our 5/8 weren't his fault... maybe it wasn't his Manager leaking that BUT... all he and his Manager had to do was come out immediately and strongly and say what garbage - I am a Manly boy - I play where the coach wants me and this isn't coming from us. End of story - the issue is put to bed... All we heard from his camp were crickets.... so they either leaked it or supported it. I truly have a bad feeling about how his story with Manly ends.

Surely him running time trials cannot be true? IF it is true - it is only just a PR tactic - and it yet again proves... this guy is ALL about him. I also dont buy this garbage of the stories circulating about him wanting to be our 5/8 weren't his fault... maybe it wasn't his Manager leaking that BUT... all he and his Manager had to do was come out immediately and strongly and say what garbage - I am a Manly boy - I play where the coach wants me and this isn't coming from us. End of story - the issue is put to bed... All we heard from his camp were crickets.... so they either leaked it or supported it. I truly have a bad feeling about how his story with Manly ends.

Go back and read Budgie's reply to me ... seems other players have been doing it and it is a club thing ..

Go back and read Budgie's reply to me ... seems other players have been doing it and it is a club thing ..
Thanks for the heads up but yes my comments about he and his Manager hosing down that story immediately are still totally relevant. And my worry about how this story ends is also relevant.. starting to think it wont end great. But this week as I said if he is not picked at 6 gee that will say so so much. Surely he will be though.

The only time we looked dangerous last night in attack was when Foran took the ball to the line. It’s how Saab scored, it’s how Christian T scored, and it caused multiple line breaks for Saab and Garrick. Foran also chased the kick that caused Gutho to drop the ball for the Harper no try.

Just because Foran is 32 and there is a younger player coming through with some razzle dazzle, doesn’t mean we aren’t farewelling our best attacking player. Foran’s smart percentage based ball playing is more effective and consistent than a guy who can put on the odd piece of magic.

Realistically you can only say that for now give shoe a whole season at 5/8 and I'm sure you will be changing your view real quick. Odd piece of magic lol we will see about that! How long did you want to keep foran around anyway until chez retires? Time to move on from these old heads at some point manly need to look to the future and josh is it.

Realistically you can only say that for now give shoe a whole season at 5/8 and I'm sure you will be changing your view real quick. Odd piece of magic lol we will see about that! How long did you want to keep foran around anyway until chez retires? Time to move on from these old heads at some point manly need to look to the future and josh is it.
I’ve seen enough footy to know what consistently wins big games…players like Schuster help you win scoring shootouts against the Tigers and Bulldogs. Players like Foran help you win close finals.

I’ve seen enough footy to know what consistently wins big games…players like Schuster help you win scoring shootouts against the Tigers and Bulldogs. Players like Foran help you win close finals.

Yes maybe you have seen more then bob Fulton aswell since he was the one who wanted to bring josh over. Only time will tell all I'm saying is give him the same opportunity foran has had and he will take us further then 9th place...

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4