The No-Look News (Schuster Chronicles)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I dont see people giving him a free pass...

I see many like myself saying the kid is out of form and needs to work on his commitment and conditioning.

However I can say that and still have confidence in his future at this club, still think he has the skillset to make it at 5/8 and still back now as the time for him to make the transition to the halves.

So many on here seem to want to make everything black and white.

He is branded a dud, entitled or waste of space and if you dont agree with those histronics then you must be a soft touch and blame everyone but him.

But the reality is injuries can have affected him whilst we can also have expected more from him in professionalism.

He can be out of form whilst still being a key future player for us.

He can be a team man whilst still expressing desire to play 5/8.

All in all, I'm still backing the kid, plenty to work on no doubt but I wont be writing him off after 420 minutes (just over 5 games) of indifferent form in 2022

Not all players have the same level of fitness, nor need to train hard in order to play well.
The only thing that matters is playing well in a match. The Shoe hasn't really been given enough game time in the last few months to know if his fitness is affecting his skill levels. Our beloved Cliffy wasn't a great trainer, I understand, and smoking certainly didn't help his fitness but he managed to get through each match and show great dexterity and footy nous.
The Shoe hasn't played well this season, but it could simply be the second-year syndrome curse which, you'll remember, also affected Sandwich.
Oh agreed with Cliffy - but this is a different era with different dynamics. Cliffy could probably play in this era and still wow them but Schuster is not Cliffy... yet and at the moment he is along way from living up to his massive talent. And yes totally agreed with the second year syndrome...maybe that is a factor. I can certainly say from personal experience that if you let the hype fill your head and you don't put the effort in...you really are killing your chances of success. He has the footy world at his feet... just hope he doesn't keep falling over them.

I dont see people giving him a free pass...

I see many like myself saying the kid is out of form and needs to work on his commitment and conditioning.

However I can say that and still have confidence in his future at this club, still think he has the skillset to make it at 5/8 and still back now as the time for him to make the transition to the halves.

So many on here seem to want to make everything black and white.

He is branded a dud, entitled or waste of space and if you dont agree with those histronics then you must be a soft touch and blame everyone but him.

But the reality is injuries can have affected him whilst we can also have expected more from him in professionalism.

He can be out of form whilst still being a key future player for us.

He can be a team man whilst still expressing desire to play 5/8.

All in all, I'm still backing the kid, plenty to work on no doubt but I wont be writing him off after 420 minutes (just over 5 games) of indifferent form in 2022
No,no,no that is ridiculous,people on here know exactly what his personality is and his lack of commitment,desire,attitude etc...after all they see him for a few minutes each week on the tv....oh wait....****.

Oh agreed with Cliffy - but this is a different era with different dynamics. Cliffy could probably play in this era and still wow them but Schuster is not Cliffy... yet and at the moment he is along way from living up to his massive talent. And yes totally agreed with the second year syndrome...maybe that is a factor. I can certainly say from personal experience that if you let the hype fill your head and you don't put the effort in...you really are killing your chances of success. He has the footy world at his feet... just hope he doesn't keep falling over them.
So if it is a different era why do people on here keep applying thinking from 40 years ago as to what he should do,behave and say and act?

No,no,no that is ridiculous,people on here know exactly what his personality is and his lack of commitment,desire,attitude etc...after all they see him for a few minutes each week on the tv....oh wait....****.

So if it is a different era why do people on here keep applying thinking from 40 years ago as to what he should do,behave and say and act?
episode 5 GIF

Going against the grain here like I did with Croker last off season, and say I absolutely love what he brings. Cliffy Lyons wasn't that quick. It was / is about creating magic, and that's what Schuster does. I just hope to hell that all this doesn't make him play within himself, or change his outlook on eyes up, ad lib, x-factor footy - because this team needs that in abundance.

He should be playing, simple as that. We excelled when our backrow was:

11. Haumole Olakau'atu
12. Josh Schuster
13. Jake Trbojevic

Make it happen Des.

Sorry mate - not sure if you are having a good old chop at me but my view is that he has seriously under delivered this year - is overweight (he made that statement in an interview three weeks ago) and is living on his past. He has been poor this year for someone so talented. Just the reality.

Sorry mate - not sure if you are having a good old chop at me but my view is that he has seriously under delivered this year - is overweight (he made that statement in an interview three weeks ago) and is living on his past. He has been poor this year for someone so talented. Just the reality.
Unless he is carrying a “secret “ injury, why is he overweight ?
There is something more going on here - we are approaching the end of the normal season before finals, and this young guy can’t make weight ? OR Is it an attitude problem, is it a manager/club problem , is it a player/coach problem ?
All I know watching him play ( the very few minutes he’s had) , there seems to be no focus, full of errors , lack of confidence and I am sure we all want to know why ????

It is no problem,my comments were tongue in cheek about people assuming they know what is going on with his attitude etc....
I agree he is not performing as we all would like this year,but I am not convinced that bagging his attitude and personality is on as no one here really knows and it is all speculation and a bit of a cheap shot at the guy with no facts.
As to living on his past,he is 21 and is possibly going through a bit of second year syndrome where he believed a bit of his hype and has been brought back to reality.
To me he seems to be owning the mistakes with his conditioning and is looking to rectify it in the offseason by giving the world cup the flick and focussing on being ready for 2023.
I truly believe he can and will turn it around and make the adjustments,he was not overweight in the juniors and was pretty lean and mobile,maybe there is a coincidence that moving into the forwards has been hand in hand with being heavier and not really prepping the best for it has taught him a lesson?
I will give a young kid a shot at redemption rather than say the sky is falling.

Hope we can get him back to ship shape and quickly.

He is a talent and any hope we have in 2022 or 2023 revolves around him as much as anyone.

Des will sort this, i have no doubt

Well we agree on that then.

In regards to Schuster we tried to get a 1 year extension for Foran but he took up 2 years on the GC.

For mine two years would have been too long so I prefer the situation we face ourselves now.

Schuster has every chance now to knuckle down and kill it next year.
If he wants it then he'll do whatever is necessary to make it happen otherwise it'll be bye bye Josh. This is what he asked for, let's see if he can walk the walk

Sorry yes they are all at fault. It is someone's fault.... but who? Anyone giving him a free pass for his weight/lack of fitness because he was injured and his off season was interrupted and/or that it is because Des' isn't playing him is simply deluded. I have not and would not question his talent - he has rare talent... but his problem is his ego and between his ears. You need a decent ego to be a good sportsman but I think his might be in overdrive and he obviously isn't the smartest tool in the shed packing on the kilos to end up dropping out of the 17 - really sad. Des can't keep picking him on ability - effort, desire and performance have to be the criteria and I think just about all Manly supporters if they were honest would say in all three areas THIS year (last year he was great) but THIS year he is not up to standard across all three of those areas.
I think the responsibility for this has to be on Donnie and Co, surely part of their job is to ensure the fitness of all players in their charge, I mean looking at Suli since his move to the Goons, he's as fit or fitter than I've ever seen him, it's a professional sport ffs, you don't see a thoroughbred racehorse carrying condition like the Schu, they're both professionals in their respective sports so why the difference in fitness?

He is fat and lazy it is not good enough for a guy at his age. Next season is massive for him he needs to show up fit and be capable to play 5/8 for 80 minutes.

We were promised a star and so far he has been an underwhelming one trick pony with the no look pass.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4