The No-Look News (Schuster Chronicles)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Payton reinstalled self discipline within the playing group and they now they look like a well drilled side playing to a solid game plan. Payton has evolved as a coach and that is evident in the Cowboys consistency and success. They succeed with cohesion and patience. Payton didn't pander to the stars (Big T). Once the playing group believe in process you are half way there. It can't work with a single member of the 17 doing what they want whenever they want during a game. That destroys cohesion and belief.

The moment in the 2nd half when Schu stood stock-still with ball in hand - the commentator marvelled how he mesmerised the defence, but my first thought was he might just have been a bit tired!
(My 2nd thought was I hope he doesn't try that move on the Storm, it aint gonna work, they will smash him).

The moment in the 2nd half when Schu stood stock-still with ball in hand - the commentator marvelled how he mesmerised the defence, but my first thought was he might just have been a bit tired!
(My 2nd thought was I hope he doesn't try that move on the Storm, it aint gonna work, they will smash him).

He can try whatever he likes when he comes on with 10 mins to go and they’re down by 30 as far as I’m concerned.

Just my opinion .. don't think he has the workrate to be a top 2nd row .. don't think he has the workrate to be a top 5/8 ...

If you want to rely on a moment of genius to win games rather than hard work and effort .. fair enough ..

He has a load of talent .. and I hope he becomes an immortal ... but he just isn't my cup of tea
I see your point
images (58).jpeg

Payton was not near being sacked,that was a media beat up.Payton came into the club and saw there were issues in many areas and has rectified most of them,other than the ridiculous contract Taumalolo is on,but he is slowly making that work.Look at all the players that improved or turned their form around under Payton,same happened at the Warriors for the brief period he was in control there
The Warriors were devastated when he left.

Ruck play has changed quite a bit since Gifty had such a dominant role as a 13 [ and of course also played as an edge at rep level ] Still think Schuster "s best asset is to make busts or trouble a defence just wide of a ruck or set up some useful attack , think that this strength would just be nullified if he was centered as a middle role and would likely just smother the attack more . , Have enough issues with D C E often not setting the attack up to allow a bit of fluency or direct play with too much off the cuff type play . Shu had a largely successful season last year as an edge player , should just really need again the opportunity to be in the run on side there to get back in the right groove again .

Apparently Shuster doesn't have the discipline needed. Excuses. Laziness. Prescious.
Dunno if true.

May start on the bench again for Thursday night but would seem implausible for Schuster to spend so much time on the bench again . Even if Davey was available for a good part of last season , Schuster with his general form level would have expected to be favored as a starting back rower with Haumole . Can see the rationale in starting Davey recently with Schuster still finding his way back after a long lay off and Davey has largely played his role well but for a host of reasons and not just his talent level surely time again or quite soon for Schuster to start in the back row .

I think it’s not looking good for next year..
Schuster is apparently a gun 5/8 but isn’t good enough to take the spot from old man foz who has 1 foot out the door and was completely shown up by him on the 2 occasions they played 80 minutes in the halves together.

He can also play back row , but isn’t good enough to start ahead of old man Davey who is a solid first grader, nothing more…

If it’s a fitness issue, play him in the NSW cup for the next month or so… how is the bloke going to get match fitness by playing 15 minutes off the bench??

This is the guy the club has hung it’s hat on to be our star for the next decade, but the guy can’t even get a start in his secondary position let alone his preferred one

Schuster is apparently a gun 5/8 but isn’t good enough to take the spot from old man foz who has 1 foot out the door and was completely shown up by him on the 2 occasions they played 80 minutes in the halves together.

He can also play back row , but isn’t good enough to start ahead of old man Davey who is a solid first grader, nothing more…

If it’s a fitness issue, play him in the NSW cup for the next month or so… how is the bloke going to get match fitness by playing 15 minutes off the bench??

This is the guy the club has hung it’s hat on to be our star for the next decade, but the guy can’t even get a start in his secondary position let alone his preferred one

Next year:

INS:
Kelma Tuilagi

OUTS:
Kieran Foran, Andrew Davey, Marty Taupau, Dylan Walker, Morgan Boyle, Jorge Taufua, Sione Fainu, Manase Fainu (possibly)

Not sure where the improvement is going to come from?

It doesn't matter about the other teams defence. He still oozes class and brilliance. Not many people can kick so accurately at full pace to set up those tries. People keep trying to bring this talent down when you also need to consider his bulking frame and being out injured for some time. Give him a good pre season and he will be doing more damage.
The blind cannot See what a Sensation Schuster is

Next year:

INS:
Kelma Tuilagi

OUTS:
Kieran Foran, Andrew Davey, Marty Taupau, Dylan Walker, Morgan Boyle, Jorge Taufua, Sione Fainu, Manase Fainu (possibly)

Not sure where the improvement is going to come from?
Improvement perspective
Young Talent rising up from the pathway of excellence
and new signings on the horizon feathered friend

Everything you said is 100% correct ..

And now for the million dollars ..

Q) why is it so ..

a) Des is goose
b) schuster is not good enough
c) injuries & circumstances
d) answer is a kumquat

You only have phone a friend left

Last edited:
Improvement perspective
Young Talent rising up from the pathway of excellence
and new signings on the horizon feathered friend

Bozo, the juniors that are going to have any significant affect have been promoted already (Koula, Tuipulotu, Olakau'atu etc). The club have said we can't acquire players because we are cap strapped.

Not sure if you've seen our lower grades?

1st grade: 10th and sliding
Reserve Grade: Last (2 wins in 14 games)
Jersey Flegg: 2nd last (5 wins in 14 games)
SG Ball: 8th (4 wins in 8 games) * best grade at just on .500
Harrold Matts: 9th (2 wins in 8 games)

Tell me about these pathways of excellence? Where's the improvement coming from? Right now, the entire club is pretty much a rotten apple.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4