The Schu’s position

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Kiwi Eagle

Staff member
We had a look at both roles last night, and he excelled in both, what a position to be in for Manly !!

The more I see of him, the more I think backrower is his future. Has amazing movement for his size, and seems harder to tackle than David Fifita, the footwork out wide against the smaller defenders along with the skill to put others away makes him almost untouchable. The potential of he and Tom working together moving forward is scary

Congratulations to the club for locking him up long term

We had a look at both roles last night, and he excelled in both, what a position to be in for Manly !!

The more I see of him, the more I think backrower is his future. Has amazing movement for his size, and seems harder to tackle than David Fifita, the footwork out wide against the smaller defenders along with the skill to put others away makes him almost untouchable. The potential of he and Tom working together moving forward is scary

Congratulations to the club for locking him up long term
He's wonderful isn't he? Looks like a brilliant second rower to me though I wonder if money doesn't come into it at some stage in the future? Doesn't the spine make the most dollars?
To me, though, he can (and does) excel at either position.
Love having him in our team. Seems like such a good kid too.

I thought he started to make more of an impact on the game once he went to the left edge. That’d be my choice - simplifies his game and allows him to run first, ball play second
I agree, i thought he struggled in the halfback position. Once he went to 2nd row he thought run 1st and just looked more comfortable. He is such a talent what a player... that catch and then no look pass for the Foran try was really special. He has two great players teaching him he must be loving it

As much as he wants the 5/8 role he's better at edge. Just so much creativity , this guy can be anything. Foz is playing great at moment and just gives us that level of experience we need when DCE goes into headless chook mode. How's this for a spine Fainu, DCE, Foz, Turbo. Add in the Schu and its an awesome attack.

Wherever he plays he needs to get the ball. A lot.
It's no good if he doesn't get the ball for two sets in a row.

He can beat a tackle with power or run around them or engage and put a player away. He has as many try assist as our 5/8 this year. He makes it happen every game.
His defence is good and will improve by next season.
He can play 12 we have seen that. I'd like to see him get a run at six with us at full strength team for a few weeks straight because I believe he will kill it.

Always thought he'd be better for Manly at 5/8...
Now not so sure. Just as long as he plays!

Love the way he hypnotises the defender & by the time he throws a no look pass the defender is asleep.

Sure, he threw one shocker last night on the first @:cry: but that's the price you pay for his brilliance. Exciting to see just how good he may become.

At the moment and for the next 18 months there is no need to change what is working now. Schu stays at 12 and Foz at 6.... obviously depending on Foz staying healthy. I was a Schu to 6 fan before the start of the year and to not sign Foz. We didn't have a need for Foz I believed. It is clear however that Foz is essential to our run this year and I was clearly wrong in my view. With him and DCE and Schu and Turbo and Jake plus Croker and Walker off the bench boy we have some multi faceted attacking options. It is simply scary to think about what those attacking options can conjure up. The talk of having to move Jake to prop and Schu to 13 is crazy. Why.... why can't Schu play 12 just as he his now - out wide and doing the odd bit of Turbo - bobbing up on the other side of the field..... at least until Foz is out injured or old age catches up? I would still hope Cust can be the next Foz (not as good as Foz obviously but sort of close) and leave Schu exactly where he is.

Always thought he'd be a backrower in the top grade and the more he plays, the more I agree with myself:) But really, it doesn't matter where he plays - he just has to be on the field. Such a luxury to have so many points of attack if DCE, Foz, Schuster and Tommy are all on the filed. Throw in Walker in a roving role and it's a nightmare for a defence to handle.

As much as he wants the 5/8 role he's better at edge. Just so much creativity , this guy can be anything. Foz is playing great at moment and just gives us that level of experience we need when DCE goes into headless chook mode. How's this for a spine Fainu, DCE, Foz, Turbo. Add in the Schu and its an awesome attack.
I'd add Mole to that attacking group

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8