The recipe of failure

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
Last nights game was there to be won !

At half time we were trailing by 8 points and there was still hope of change of tactics to give us a chance of victory

The half time pep talk is all about evaluating the play and offering solutions to fix the problems and motivate and inspire the team to carry out the winning game plan

The effect of the half time pep talk turned an 8 point deficit into an embarrassing and unacceptable 14 point home ground loss

losses like the one last night don't just happen overnight . They keep brewing for a long time with decisions made on team selections and game executions and unless the recipe changes we will keep dishing out the same rubbish we consistently do.
butler-or-waiter-serving-tray-of-food-vector-2384648.jpg

Last edited:
I reckon if you did an analysis of our kicking game last night I would say the vast majority of the time our kicks or 5th tackle options left us in worse field position than before they were made. DCE's bombs that held up in the breeze and went m forward were the perfect example...and he did about or 6 of them. Slow learner it seems.

The difference in kicking is compounded when Thurston is kicking to corners and that absolute slug Matt Wright tries to run it back and we are either trapped in goal or pinned down in a corner. I know some people on here like Wright's effort but seriously he is nowhere near first grade standard IMO and if anybody was in any doubt last night should open some eyes. Then again I realise we have nobody else to choose.

We lost that game on field position from kicks on both sides of the ball and Taumalolo…. nothing else. That kicking was as bad as I can ever remember from a Manly team.

There was a lot of dumb and little energy but I highly doubt the half time talk was to go out and play worse.

Fitler has recently said it as well with Tom and origin (surely a bigger carrot one does not need) that essentially players do not listen sometimes (quote was wanting to punch Tom in the head).

Its not like we have options up the wazoo either.

Kicking was absolute Shyte.

Can someone please explain the concept of repeate sets to both halfs!!!

We just can't kick in the ingoal. What's that about?

Kicking was absolute Shyte.

Can someone please explain the concept of repeate sets to both halfs!!!

We just can't kick in the ingoal. What's that about?

There were 3 - 4 times last night the players seemed to be unaware it was tackle 6 - it was U8's stuff.

The reason of the bad kicks apart from the fact they were just that - Bad kicks....was the setup.
This also falls on the halves to basically treat his players like pawns and get a player to try win a 1 on 1 contact and play it quickly, then take the ball on the run with space and time and land it in prime real estate.
No surprise Jake often takes tackle 5 and the outcome is much better.

These negative kicks for touch and predictable bombs were just as bad as the general play down the fullbacks throat stuff.

Last nights game was there to be won !

At half time we were trailing by 8 points and there was still hope of change of tactics to give us a chance of victory

The half time pep talk is all about evaluating the play and offering solutions to fix the problems and motivate and inspire the team to carry out the winning game plan

The effect of the half time pep talk turned an 8 point deficit into an embarrassing and unacceptable 14 point home ground loss

losses like the one last night don't just happen overnight . They keep brewing for a long time with decisions made on team selections and game executions and unless the recipe changes we will keep dishing out the same rubbish we consistently do.
View attachment 8520
Bozo please put up a nice sexy waitress next time mate jeez.

I would like to see Api take more control of a game. He’s the one that can organise the plays better in my opinion.

He’s a fantastic player but his organising leaves a lot to be desired. Very similar to DCE.

I reckon if you did an analysis of our kicking game last night I would say the vast majority of the time our kicks or 5th tackle options left us in worse field position than before they were made. DCE's bombs that held up in the breeze and went m forward were the perfect example...and he did about or 6 of them. Slow learner it seems.

The difference in kicking is compounded when Thurston is kicking to corners and that absolute slug Matt Wright tries to run it back and we are either trapped in goal or pinned down in a corner. I know some people on here like Wright's effort but seriously he is nowhere near first grade standard IMO and if anybody was in any doubt last night should open some eyes. Then again I realise we have nobody else to choose.

We lost that game on field position from kicks on both sides of the ball and Taumalolo…. nothing else. That kicking was as bad as I can ever remember from a Manly team.

How any times this year have we forced a repeat set. Last year we were near the top of the list... This year the Warriors are (Yep Green)

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2