The Real Priority

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Sooty Fan

They should sort out the player recruitment position first!
If Crusher is to go in 2013 with Des get rid of him now! :)
( well after the board sorts themselves out!)

Read this article on David Perrys first two priorities

http://manly-daily.whereilive.com.au/sport/story/new-chief-brings-culture-of-success-and-passion-for-job/

And I quote from the article.

With fans yearning for another premiership at Brookvale Oval, Perry hopes to secure coach Des Hasler and brilliant teenager Will Hopoate to long-term deals.

“I’m yet to meet both guys, but it will definitely be a priority,” he said.

fail and fail

Whoops!! Guess he got his priorities wrong in the end.. Wonder what he was doing if he wasn't doing these? Oh that's right focusing on our finals series getting that live site up and running and getting all the right merchandise. Genius getting his priorities right!

Jonesyv2 said:
Well he did earn the club a fair amount of money through those initiatives

Correct... But lost a longterm premiership winning coach. Also could be seen as a future money maker in securing further finals appearances.

Last May/June it was announced that we were 500k in debt this year and going to NRL for monthly handouts. As Perry said, we was looking to try and sign them up. Maybe the lack of money in the bank was an issue? Who knew that Des's pay would literally double in little as 5 months???

Did anyone think or know that Parra were going to chuck the bank at Hoppa, 600 + and Dad a job. For a 19 year old!!! Perry was brought in to stop HMAS Brookvale from going down the financial gurgler. Give him 2 years and see where we sit.
Quite easy for some to rip in as big spending heroes when you aren't the ones paying it!

Darren said:
Last May/June it was announced that we were 500k in debt this year and going to NRL for monthly handouts. As Perry said, we was looking to try and sign them up. Maybe the lack of money in the bank was an issue? Who knew that Des's pay would literally double in little as 5 months???

Did anyone think or know that Parra were going to chuck the bank at Hoppa, 600 + and Dad a job. For a 19 year old!!! Perry was brought in to stop HMAS Brookvale from going down the financial gurgler. Give him 2 years and see where we sit.
Quite easy for some to rip in as big spending heroes when you aren't the ones paying it!

At the end of the day he stated what his priorities were and he failed, in both of them.

what did you want him to say? Hey, I'm told that we are in huge debt and haven't got a chance in hell of resigning them? He stated they were trying to keep them but they didn't sign or we couldn't pay enough. If someone offered you 100 grand more, what would you do?
Who was going to pay for Hoppa? Do you reckon Parra approached him in late September with the offer? He was always going!! Dad made sure the family was looked after! John has little loyalty to us. Don't blame Perry, blame the financial mess we are in.

Is it Perrys fault Hopoate had no honesty in him and had signed with Parra months ago ?

Phoenix said:
Darren said:

At the end of the day he stated what his priorities were and he failed, in both of them.

Kiwi Eagle said:
Is it Perrys fault Hopoate had no honesty in him and had signed with Parra months ago ?

Phoenix said:
Darren said:

Think neither of those are Perrys fault

I cant believe people are wanting Crusher gone and ASAP.

You guys are fools sometimes, absolute fools

I'd go with financial security for the club first and foremost. I support Manly Sea Eagles, not Hasler's first 13. If he went because his nose was out of joint, then so be it. I don't blame Perry, and I'm certain if Des wanted to stay, he would have, board or no board.

Daniel said:

I think the point is, if Crusher is leaving for the 2013 season, what would his role be with the club for season 2012? His role is recruitment and development, how could he possibly benefit Manly when he is planning on leaving in 12 months? If he's going to stay, fantastic. If he's not, then he should walk away today.

I understand the point, but it is emotional fueled dribble.

Crushers is not contracted for x amount of years like the coach or players anyway AFAIK.

Why, apart from money, would Crusher leave? He's thick with Lyon and mates with Toovs. I'd be more pissed if Donny Singe leaves.

just remember through all of the news we have recieved perry wasnt involved in any of them on the resigning committee that was set up when lowe was here. they have been trying to sign dessy for 18 months and perry has been here only 6. i think the blame most definately doesnt land at his feet. his mandate was to change the club and turn around the business dealing so that we will be financial. if he fullfills this then all talk of relocating go, we can offer more money to nsw cup and under 20's, and the new stadium becomes less of a pipe dream and more of a reality because we can prove to those that are paying for the stadium upgrade that our business model is sound and we are financially secure for the future.

Daniel said:

Only if he's going to follow Des to the Dogs in 2013. He's already done his job for 2012. The recruitment work he will be doing next year is for 2013 and beyond, and I'm not sure how he would be able to juggle that if he's heading to another club.

If he's willing to stay under Toovs then absolutely no problem. I'm sure Des knows if he wants to take him and Toovs will want him to stay. I'm sure Toovs will be talking to Crusher sooner rather than later and finding out his intentions.

And you don't think there would be potential damage in asking him to leave early?

Think about things more logically than emotionally.

By the way Crusher didn't come as part of Des coaching staff to begin with

They should be offering Crusher as much as they can afford to pay him to stay put. There would be much less chance of a player walkout if that were to happen and also the future would be much brighter with his scouting. Not mention he is a Manly legend and belongs here where the fans adore him.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2