The real Issue .... who plays centre.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Woodsie

Feast yer eyes ..
Tipping Member
Our forward pack has been given a good dissecting recently, and I think most people are of the opinion we have enough talent and depth to acquit ourselves well.

To me the biggest issue is our centres.

Fullbacks good, no problem with either snake or Turbo.
Wing is adequately covered with Jorge, Uate, Kelly, Parker or one of the legions of Wrights.

Centre worries me.

Walker, everybody tells me how good he is at centre, I hope they are correct, I haven't seen him do enough to convince me.

Kelly, most silvertails have given him the second centre spot "unseen". Hope you are all correct.

Parker. My pick. Think he will deliver if given the nod.

either way we are going to have a dynamic young and speedy backline or a disaster waiting for 2018 to fix.

I agree. This is where one quality/star signing would be welcomed.

Walker has brilliance and speed, his areas to work on are in defence and his ability to make use of his winger - he tends to go himself too often rather than take an opportunity to set up his winger (something Jamie was a master at).

Kelly is an unknown to us; however, I think he will get the nod purely based on comments from the club (seeing him more as a centre than winger) and the fact that he is the only centre we purchased - the other purchases were all wingers.

I like young Parker and agree that he would do well in our backline. I'd suggest Jorge and Uate will need to perform strongly otherwise Parker will find himself taking a wing spot. Uate and Jorge in the same team still worries me.

I agree. This is where one quality/star signing would be welcomed.

Walker has brilliance and speed, his areas to work on are in defence and his ability to make use of his winger - he tends to go himself too often rather than take an opportunity to set up his winger (something Jamie was a master at).

Kelly is an unknown to us; however, I think he will get the nod purely based on comments from the club (seeing him more as a centre than winger) and the fact that he is the only centre we purchased - the other purchases were all wingers.

I like young Parker and agree that he would do well in our backline. I'd suggest Jorge and Uate will need to perform strongly otherwise Parker will find himself taking a wing spot. Uate and Jorge in the same team still worries me.

I think Walker and Kelly need to perform or Parker will be taking their centre spot. (smiley face)

I like the fact there's competition for the spot, and those competing know there could be a big reward at the end of the rainbow.

A permanent spot for 2018 and beyond.

If none step up you can bet, in this cutthroat world they'll be shipped off and we'll buy a Leilua or Bird.

It's a challenge, but I reckon a good one to have.

May the best man win.

Good thread. That second center spot will be the last piece of the jigsaw.
For mine:
Turbo
Uate
Kelly
Walker
Taufua
DCE
Green

Only other mystery is who will start in the back row along Jake and Sironen!

The reason I think Kelly could be the go is because he has speed, something we have lacked the last couple of seasons. If he fails to amount to anything then we have a bit of a problem.

The one player that I actually think could make a fist of centre is Matthew Wright. Too slow for wing, not talented enough for fullback or five-eight but he is a robust runner and a strong defender...he also has some footy smarts and could set up his outside man. I would pick him at centre if Kelly doesn't work out for whatever reason.

The reason I think Kelly could be the go is because he has speed, something we have lacked the last couple of seasons. If he fails to amount to anything then we have a bit of a problem.

The one player that I actually think could make a fist of centre is Matthew Wright. Too slow for wing, not talented enough for fullback or five-eight but he is a robust runner and a strong defender...he also has some footy smarts and could set up his outside man. I would pick him at centre if Kelly doesn't work out for whatever reason.

Agree about Kelly ... I hope he works out and becomes a star.

Also agree that M. Wright wouldn't let us down, but my first second choice would be Parker. Remember he was only 19 when he debuted last year. Looking forward to seeing how the off season has treated him.

Call me crazy,just don't call me Shirley,but I would like to see Keys given a serious opportunity in the trials.I was thinking over the weekend about the weakness at centre and looked at Keys 2016 highlights from our Intrust cup and Panthers performances(yes highlights I know...) but he looked really impressive,not spectacular but a real goer.Really good involvement like Matai, but where Matai used to throw himself at the defence this guy tries to run through people and keeps his feet and regularly wins the point of contact whether there are 1 or 2 or 3 defenders.He looks like he can get a pass under pressure away quickly and accurately and while he does not put a shot on as good as Matai,he does put his shoulder in and hit.He is quick and seems to read well in defence and he looks like a high intensity player.If someone wants to put his highlights on here that would be good(too lazy to create a youtube account)I think he has the ability to be a quality NRL player if given a shot...Plays a lot like Kata from the warriors and is built the same too.

Don't worry guys, I've been stretching my calf muscles since I started reading this post.
I'll fill in, wont cost much under the salary cap,. Can't tackle, can't run, but I can drink.
Sounds like a Manly centre to me

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8