The Positive Patch

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
I have a confession
Before you get dirty thoughts, let me share my shattered heart....that game was probably the biggest kick in the guts since the GF loss to Newcastle in the dying moments way back in 1997.
Due to my negative mindset of the game being ruined by incompetent officiating which coincidentally, Manly are always on the wrong end of, I need some Positives...
So I am creating a weekly thread regardless a Win, loss or draw.
"The Positive Patch"
I want your thoughts of any positives regardless of the result and funny comments are welcome, as this life is often too serious..,
Here's mine -
The team played with heart
The outside backs made great runs in tough situations
Congrats to Des for not running over the officials with a cement truck

1. Tippytoes and Koula are going to be at a minimum very good first grade players. Still need to work on their defence but hopefully that will come.

2. Garrick again played really well (still seems to be carrying an injury)

3. The team looks so much better with Schuster in it (his two games have been Manly's two best performances for the year)

I have a confession
Before you get dirty thoughts, let me share my shattered heart....that game was probably the biggest kick in the guts since the GF loss to Newcastle in the dying moments way back in 1997.
Due to my negative mindset of the game being ruined by incompetent officiating which coincidentally, Manly are always on the wrong end of, I need some Positives...
So I am creating a weekly thread regardless a Win, loss or draw.
"The Positive Patch"
I want your thoughts of any positives regardless of the result and funny comments are welcome, as this life is often too serious..,
Here's mine -
The team played with heart
The outside backs made great runs in tough situations
Congrats to Des for not running over the officials with a cement truck
I agree with your sentiments, except for congratulating Desmond. He should have that truck well and truly fired up.

Bulldogs lost.
Seriously though, Koula is getting to show all of skills and hasn't had a chance to show his pace in the clear. Tuipulotu has earnt his spot. Schuster has come through unscathed, apparently. Aloia competing in the rucks. Croker still improving. No chook runs from DCE, such a different team.

One positive is that the Eels (however much it pains us to admit it) are heavyweights in this competition and they played well before their home fans, yet Manly matched them and would have won if not for 100% of the 50/50s going to one team.

The positives last night was that the boys played with higher intensity and passion than they did against the Broncos .

We were always in the game and dominating for most of the game .

The fact is we were leading both the eels and the refs with only minutes to go and if we played with more composure we could have easily won .

Positive is @BOZO is back posting!

Schu is a bigger influence in this team than many realize and he came through unscathed.

I’m actually positive about how we will go with Tom out. He’s well below being near his best and Reubs filled in admirably when he was out. Tom being out again means the rest need to take more responsibility and accountability.

Tom now has a decent stint in the sideline to get his knee right as well as rehabbing the shoulder. I’m positive about him coming back better for it for our run to the finals.

We have guys returning from injury and suspension over the coming weeks which will help.

Plenty of others too.

The positives last night was that the boys played with higher intensity and passion than they did against the Broncos .

We were always in the game and dominating for most of the game .

The fact is we were leading both the eels and the refs with only minutes to go and if we played with more composure we could have easily won .
If we played like we did last night against the Broncos we’d have won 100%.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8