The Pecking Order

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Budgie

In for the long haul.
2016 Tipping Competitor
Tipping Member
I'm trying really hard to be positive about next year but it's a bit of a battle, I must admit. Of our fellow cellar dwellers, the Roosters and Rabbits have shown what they're capable of whereas us, the Knights, and the Dragons all feel not so great.

What I'm wondering is if the winning of the boardroom was such a great thing in the end. While they were fighting each other, at least some of their attention was there. Now, as an outsider, it feels to me that we have a bit of a case of too many cooks .... all focused on the creation of a winning team.

I'd be interested in how others see it. The order I see the pecking order is this:
The Penns
Zorba
Bozo
Joe Kelly
Trent Barrett

That puts a rookie coach in a very difficult position to try to make the team his own and set direction.

As I say, I'd be interested in what others think/know and if there is a model that can succeed.

I'm trying really hard to be positive about next year but it's a bit of a battle, I must admit. Of our fellow cellar dwellers, the Roosters and Rabbits have shown what they're capable of whereas us, the Knights, and the Dragons all feel not so great.

What I'm wondering is if the winning of the boardroom was such a great thing in the end. While they were fighting each other, at least some of their attention was there. Now, as an outsider, it feels to me that we have a bit of a case of too many cooks .... all focused on the creation of a winning team.

I'd be interested in how others see it. The order I see the pecking order is this:
The Penns
Zorba
Bozo
Joe Kelly
Trent Barrett

That puts a rookie coach in a very difficult position to try to make the team his own and set direction.

As I say, I'd be interested in what others think/know and if there is a model that can succeed.
Yep close. When it comes to the team make up Bozo would sit above Zorba, however Zorba would call more shots when it comes to management decisions, catering needs and back stabbing Manly greats.

Yep close. When it comes to the team make up Bozo would sit above Zorba, however Zorba would call more shots when it comes to management decisions, catering needs and back stabbing Manly greats.
What to give here?
Like? Informative? Funny? Depressing?
Thanks Mals!

The order of the pecking order is irrelevant. The problem lies with the people in the order. Rearrange them any way you like. The result will still be the same.

depressingly I tend to agree ...@:cry::sweating::sick::banghead:

The Penns
Zorba
Bozo
Joe Kelly
Trent Barrett

I'm all out of constructive feedback regarding the current direction of the club because it will only come across as more whinging.

Truth is, I'm really quite disappointed with whats transpired in the last 12 mths but I'm also old enough and pragmatic enough to realise I'm just another passenger on the Manly bus who has no say in the destination.

Doesn't mean I'm not sweating on the day we have new owners, just means I'm becoming a little less invested as a supporter at this point in time.

The main problem is with those closest to the players. The roster next season will be weaker than this season & the coaching staff essentially the same. It breaks my heart, we may get our first spoon next season with little to get excited about for years to come.

team.

The Penns
Zorba
Bozo
Joe Kelly
Trent Barrett

Who is this man called Kelly. Does he work for Manly????

I'm trying really hard to be positive about next year but it's a bit of a battle, I must admit. The order I see the pecking order is this:
The Penns
Zorba
Bozo
Joe Kelly
Trent Barrett

There is a model that would succeed, and the pecking order would form naturally with this group:
Des Hasler
C Cleal
The Penn's,
Joe Kelly
M Ballin
S Menzies

I think we will enter the player market in a big way in the off season; will be one of the most active clubs. All of the big activity took place after the grand final last year and it will be the same this year.

Jamie retired, Snake will be shuffled off, lots of others off contract will means money to spend. Who will come on board? Don't know.

We did fantastically well for 10 years with the worst off field setup of most clubs, can't see any reason why that can't continue with the right cattle and the right chemistry.

I'm all out of constructive feedback regarding the current direction of the club because it will only come across as more whinging.

Truth is, I'm really quite disappointed with whats transpired in the last 12 mths but I'm also old enough and pragmatic enough to realise I'm just another passenger on the Manly bus who has no say in the destination.

Doesn't mean I'm not sweating on the day we have new owners, just means I'm becoming a little less invested as a supporter at this point in time.
Less invested. I like that. Still love my team but found it really difficult to become a member this year after the way Toov's was treated in 2015. The leak and all. An entire season of watching the team and coaching staff the owners wanted has me even less inclined to pay some of the Penns way. Will be cheering the boys on, but as an irrelevant fan, My less invested will be buying one of those irrelevant district football club membership only in 2017. Let's see how Irrelevant we really are.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6