The ones worth feeding

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Kiwi Eagle

Staff member
Have to try and extract a positive from somewhere

When we were in the deep hole tonight, who were the blokes who were visibly trying to get us out of it ?

Imo the only blokes I saw really trying to fire the side up were Cuthbertson, King and Matai in defence, but nobody followed them, and with the ball Bailey and Rose were having a go but outside of that bunch, there was bugger all there tonight

Perry was great for 20mins then hardly sighted him again after that

We carved them up in the first 15 minutes but didn't come away with anything. Once it became an arm wrestle in the second half we didn't have the game plan to compete. Stupid mistakes, dropped balls, stupid passes, poor kicks. Bani went within an inch of clinching it for us. Disappointing effort but there is always next week.

Lyon was good, as was Glen Stewart I thought. Bailey probably had his best game out of 3 so far. We just lacked direction and didn't play smart football. You need to do the basics before you go for the fancy stuff. We didn't do the basics well tonight, and Orford needs to put his hand up and cop the criticism for the lack of composure and direction. One thing is for sure, it goes to show how important Brett Stewart is to this side.

Listening to Triple M onj the way home, last year Bailey's record at 5/8 for Newcastle was 3 wins 10 losses - go figure...

Bailey didnt show me much, He showed me he can play centre and lock though.

Cuthbo had my man of the match for Manly he was huge in so many areas, Ox and Stewart shared points for mine

Dry weather catch up footy at 6 - all.

What were they thinking. Dumbest half of football ever.

I saw Matai fling out an arm and get brushed, pathetic.  He only steps up after he's ****ed up.  Not good enough.  Who would I feed?  Lyon, Stewart, Choc (maybe) and Bailey.  Our front row needs to go back to frontrowkindergarten.  Forwards go forward, don't they?  Robbo needs to remember he's fullback and stop throwing the ball to himself.  Bani has no anticipation of when the attacking raid is needing him to be where the ball is going.  And he runs to slow.  Our hookers need to get over themselves and play to runners.  And Kite and Mr Ted need to run straight.  Neumann has played his first game in the big league and needs more time.  he didn't lose tonight for us, the whole team did.  And then Hasler.  Why pick players out of position?  Why give Orford kicking duties?  

And Dan, I just can't agree with you assessment of Orford.  he was woeful.  He has this ability to fold when he needs to play a strong hand.  OK Matas, Neumann has played ten.  All those other layabouts have played plenty more and they played no better.  The only bright light tonight was the U20s. 

He has now played 5

he lost us the game from dropping balls that an armless woman would have caught. That led to repeat sets on our line, and  tries.

He put us in the position that lost us the game and almost did a few times more, he redeemed himself once by cleaning up a mistake by bundling the Panther over the line and the second by making a good run, but it didnt make up or his massive amount of mistakes.

Sorry Neuman may not have directly let in the tries but he sure caused them inderectly

OK he was crap.  All the team was.  Where has last year gone?  As Mark from Brisbane suggested we should give some of the u20s a go.  It can't be any worse.  Unfortunately Des will dish up the same deadheads for next week..  Maybe that's why some are baulking at annointing him for life.

We need a leader and if one doesnt show up within the next few weeks i say we put one high on our wishlist

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2