The NRL debut of Hoppa Jnr

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Tip from Zorba on radio this morning, Foran in doubt, possibly another, might be a re-shuffle...

So that suggests Hopoate fullback, Farrar centres, Lyon 5/8

Not ideal, but it is still solid enough depending on how Hoppa will handle it, the gap between 20s and NRL is massive

According to Zorba........... Hoppa will be fullback , Bailey 5/8 . Another player in doubt but not saying.

Well if that is the case that puts forward 2 names in doubt, either Farrar  because with what Zorba is stating there is no place for him, unless the other player in doubt is Lyon in which case we are stuffed majorly

Well they said the dude in 18 is replacing somone else n not whare,but either way,whare isn't in the team...is he injured??

Just caught a second on the U20's, Hoppa just scored a try, Des was on the sidelines checking it out.  Can't see Whare, hope he gets a go if there is an injury and if he himself isnt injured.

side note: please Choc, have some good hands today and nobody let in soft tries.

Interesting jersey too, looks like the old Pepsi one without the blue and red, i kinda like it.

wow. anyone watching the toyota cup? 2 tries to Hoppa. that second one was Brett Stewart like.. running at full pace chasing a bomb and over jumping their fullback in one motion and scoring.

Beautiful. Kid has game.

The 2 trys showed his class.  But I am happy for him to play under 20's for another month before NRL. 

Depends on how Farrar goes i guess.. if he has a few shockers.. Hoppa is worth a shot.. if Farrar is sold.. keep him in under 20's.

Portlock was the man ruled out of the 20s match

On the 20s, Hoppa, 2 great tries, still not convinced he is ready though. The try saver where he tackles the bloke into the posts was awesome

I don't rate the 20s comp that highly due to the fragile defence's shown, so it was bloody great to just watch our boys go 6 sets defending our line without letting in a try, top work

I just want to see Hoppa dominate the 20's like Dugan did for the Raiders.  He only started playing 20's in the last month of 2008 and spent a large portion of 2009 on the sidelines injured.  I have no doubt he will get his shot but I just want him to get more footy under his belt and see him dominate the 20's.  However as Kaza said if Farrar has some shockers give him a run.  Obviously Des has faith in him. 

In the reports today it said matai was in doubt - and hopps jnr was on stand by

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6