The new Blues State of Origin jersey

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Leader of the Flock

Reserve Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
A new style jersey for the mighty Blues has now been unveiled, predominantly Navy blue with Sky blue vees on the front; Freddie endorses it but I can't say that I'm a fan, as I can't see why we'd go away from our traditional Sky blue as the predominant jersey colour. Maybe, if it was Sky blue with Navy blue vees, I'd be happier.

I think we change our colours at our peril; tradition and history should mean something without change for the sake of change or pandering to new markets, as the article I read in the SMH, mentioned it was to try to attract new supporters in Perth 2019 and it also mentioned Adelaide in 2020.

Personally, being a Mighty Seaeagles supporter, who doesn't give a rat's whether we're hated by others, I don't care if every other state in Australia hates our Blues, I love them, and I know the boys will continue to play their guts out for the jersey and do the state proud as they've always done; so, they can hate us and barrack for the cane toads all they want, just bring back the traditional jersey.

What do the Silvertails think?

Every time some genius comes up with the idea of changing it up for whatever reason they lose...

Considering Fittler and Brandy were clad in black without any sky blue maybe that was the catalyst to go darker. Stupid idea imo

A new style jersey for the mighty Blues has now been unveiled, predominantly Navy blue with Sky blue vees on the front; Freddie endorses it but I can't say that I'm a fan, as I can't see why we'd go away from our traditional Sky blue as the predominant jersey colour. Maybe, if it was Sky blue with Navy blue vees, I'd be happier.

I think we change our colours at our peril; tradition and history should mean something without change for the sake of change or pandering to new markets, as the article I read in the SMH, mentioned it was to try to attract new supporters in Perth 2019 and it also mentioned Adelaide in 2020.

Personally, being a Mighty Seaeagles supporter, who doesn't give a rat's whether we're hated by others, I don't care if every other state in Australia hates our Blues, I love them, and I know the boys will continue to play their guts out for the jersey and do the state proud as they've always done; so, they can hate us and barrack for the cane toads all they want, just bring back the traditional jersey.

What do the Silvertails think?
I say stick with tradition.
I moved to QLD 5 years ago and love the Sea Eagles and BLUES.
I love QLD 362 days of the year but on the three nights of the year, cant;s stand em.
Work mates often ask why I don't back QLD, and I just say it s called State of ORIGIN, not State of RESIDENCE!
I much rather prefer the Sky Blue, and from a marketing perspective, the Sky Blue features in the good old 'State of Origin Fight' compilations on Youtube
Not sure why NRL keeps wanting to move away from Tradition

Stupid, are blatchey's Blues all going to get dark blue wigs - don't think so. If it ain't broke don't fix it

The jersey should be sky blue all the way down from the second v. That'll look sick as without straying too far from the traditional all sky blue jersey.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6