The new addition to the Sea Eagles coaching setup

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
Go find us more young talent

http://manly-daily.whereilive.com.au/sport/story/go-find-us-more-young-talent/

166a251537635e847574cca31ab35374_resized.jpg

MEET the man responsible for unearthing the next Kieran Foran or Daly Cherry-Evans - Simon Healey.

He is the latest addition to the Sea Eagles’ coaching set-up, taking on a fulltime role effective immediately.

Healey replaces Dave Warwick, who is now Manly’s recruitment manager after Noel Cleal joined the Bulldogs earlier this month.

The one-time president of the Cromer Kingfishers is relishing the opportunity to develop promising juniors into NRL stars.

“I am a born and bred peninsula boy, so to land a job with the Sea Eagles is fantastic,” Healey said.

“I have been helping Dave for a while, so when the opportunity came up to take on his role, I jumped at it.

“We have plenty of good players coming through the system, you only need to look at our Harold Matthews (under-16s) squad, it is mainly local kids. They are the future of the club.”

Warwick felt Healey was his obvious replacement.

“Simon’s transition will be of minimal fuss, he is well known and respected in the Sea Eagles’ organisation,” he said.

“He will carry on the high standards that have been established with our Harold Matthews and SG Ball sides plus development squads.”

Warwick is also excited about introducing his own slant.

“I was very lucky to work alongside one of the best blokes in the business in Crusher (Noel Cleal),” he said.

“But it goes without saying that I am looking forward to doing things my way.”

Great news. Congrats to Simon on the position.

Like the polo as well lol

My old man always told me that the cemetery is full of indispensable people!! Basically everyone can be replaced... New blood is good for an organisation! This bloke looks as keen as mustard! Only keep people who want to be there...I don't want to comment on what Des did but taking across a full coaching and training team puts a lot of pressure on him!! Greenburg has given Des what he wants! Now he expects Des to give Greenburg what he wants! A premiership within 3 years... If they can't both Greenburg and Des will be at centrelink filling out the forms!!

The best bit is he is a local boy, look how good we went last year with the local boys who came through.

Manly: Bred not Bought :D

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4