The nation’s biggest story but we can’t report it

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I’d imagine that the same court order that prevents the DT from reporting on the matter would apply to this site. So I suggest, as much as I want to know as well, that no one here should discuss it. I could be wrong but I wouldn’t risk it for @Dan’s sake.

Not to hard to figure/find out who it refers to as part of this story IS being reported on at the moment. But yeah probably best not to discus as there could be a range of legal ramifications.
Interestingly the story is being reported by a number of (smaller) overseas news agencies so it's not too hard to find if you have to know.
There's a decent story here on the reasons why it is not being discussed:
https://www.theage.com.au/national/...ted-huge-interest-online-20181212-p50lta.html

Hi y'all.

I think I'll let @Dan sort this one out. I'll temporarily lock it in case it's the right thing to do and he can decide what to do.

But as has been said above, not hard to find out what it is. To the OP, you don't have to be a member of facebook or twitter to look things up on said formats.

So just in case......

*click*

I have no idea who the high profile Australian is that relates to this suppression order - but I'm so glad that the Daily Telegraph is taking the moral high ground here and fighting the publication ban in the interests of all Australians.

In other news did anyone catch the fact that the Pope has stood George Pell down from his advisory role ??

https://www.sbs.com.au/news/pope-removes-george-pell-from-group-of-close-advisers

If you link to an article its fine, but lets not copy and paste the whole thing and lets not speculate more about it here

The big issue for me is right now the church has all these files detailing sexual abuse of kids by clergyman.
Names, places, cover ups.
If i withheld such information i would be in gaol.

Why are they allowed to cover this up? Why do they not release this to the authorities,

Hard to know what to make of this. If you believe what was reported then the case against Pell didn't seem overly convincing IMO, but there's been more than one instance of smoke billowing up around this guy so who knows what went on. I expect he will appeal. But as you say how many more of these cases are sitting there uninvestigated.

Screenshot_2019-03-02-20-14-18-75.png

Oh and the catholic Church #3 is now a registered sex offender.

Better start praying to the magic man in the sky.

#Pellofile.

So the number 3 in church heirarchy goes to jail for molesting kids and the news goes quiet so quickly.
Amazing.

So the number 3 in church heirarchy goes to jail for molesting kids and the news goes quiet so quickly.
Amazing.

I don't think the victims would want media on-going coverage and seeing his face everywhere. The victim's experience will have life lasting effects and the healing process will take a loooong time. It's a good thing, especially for the victims.
Pell is yesterday's news.

I would like to think though, that there would be a decent expose of how he rose to be number 3 even though there have always been allergagions and even an investigation into the dropped charges and other issues.
I hope that this is going on in the background.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6