The Guthersation

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Curtis Scott has been dropped. When Ennis was asked if there was more to it than a performance issue ennis replied yes I think there is.... manly bound?? How good would that be
Very interesting...I remember our forum mate Snake said we were chasing someone North of the border. Curtis is a Queenslander ;)

For us, yes.

We have a fullback. We have a 5/8, (with a couple for the future).
We need a centre.

He may be a 750k player to some clubs (Titans, Tigers maybe) but he isnt worth 750k to us.
See the difference ?
Elgey has got to get more involved if he is to lock down that 5/8 spot. I admire his improvements although he’s got some more convincing to do if Gutho is looming as a 5/8. For around 700K he almost certainly would be coming here to partner Cherry-Evans in the halves you’d think

Elgey has got to get more involved if he is to lock down that 5/8 spot. I admire his improvements although he’s got some more convincing to do if Gutho is looming as a 5/8. For around 700K he almost certainly would be coming here to partner Cherry-Evans in the halves you’d think
Am I the only one who thinks gutho wouldn't be a good fit at 6??

Curtis Scott has been dropped. When Ennis was asked if there was more to it than a performance issue ennis replied yes I think there is.... manly bound?? How good would that be

Craig Bellamy has revealed his shock decision to demote Curtis Scott was due to concerns over the boom centre's 'overall game'.

*He won't do crusher tackles, won't slip off the player so we can do a strip, won't do chicken wings, won't hold down players in tackles, won't deliberately dive for penalties, and worst of all, he will only sign one contract* "sources" close to the coach has said.

He is a genuine footballer, can play any position. So he would be a very capable 6
I reckon he would be great as a centre playing on the edges and he always backs up. He reads the game very well and doesn’t die on plays.
Manly junior , popular with our young guns,fittest player at the eels by a mile apparently and their leader, great passing game to both sides , decent kick, one of the best support players in the game, good defender, good speed and great anticipation. Sounds like the skills for a five eight or am I missing something.Throw in the fact he can play anywhere and with DCE Jake would make a great leadership package, something we have lacked a bit of for a few years since the legends went.

I’d like to know his weaknesses because they aren’t obvious.

In my view one of the top 20 or 30 or so players in the game at the moment.

Put it this way. I like Kane and been a big supporter of his , he has plenty of skill and think he will improve nicely but he wouldn’t tie Guthos bootlaces at the moment. For Walkers money or slightly more if he leaves it’s a no brainer But the eels will pay up I have no doubt. Pressure from fans and media will drive that.

Last edited:
Because he was a junior when Des was around and the fact that he was probably thought he would be coached by him when he made grade, he may want to come back just because of the Des factor.
You would have to be a genius to realise the the Dalai isn’t in the same league as Des.

Craig Bellamy has revealed his shock decision to demote Curtis Scott was due to concerns over the boom centre's 'overall game'.

*He won't do crusher tackles, won't slip off the player so we can do a strip, won't do chicken wings, won't hold down players in tackles, won't deliberately dive for penalties, and worst of all, he will only sign one contract* "sources" close to the coach has said.
Hey, maybe we can sign him to take Dylan,s spot, lol. Oh the irony of that lol...:giggle::giggle::nod:

For us, yes.

We have a fullback. We have a 5/8, (with a couple for the future).
We need a centre.

He may be a 750k player to some clubs (Titans, Tigers maybe) but he isnt worth 750k to us.
See the difference ?
Hes one of the best players in the comp and was in 2017 id replace lg for him in a heart beat and he can play fb for us if turbo is out and he can kick goals, he can also play all backline positions.
450k your dreaming mavey boy

Once the Parra team bus gets back to Parramatta if I was Gutho I would be signing that 3 years $1,500,000 contract before going home. Also would be asking who the coach will be, can't see the myth getting offered an extension.

Hang on. Gutho did us a favour today, he helped the eels toward another one of those tragic losses- the one where they come in with huge expectation yet absolute bomb it!!

#ThanksGutho

Des being back at the helm and winning games will be a huge selling point to any potential new signings.
I'm not sold on Gutherson at 5/8 I considered Chad Townsend a better fit for DCE imo..

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4