The Long Peace

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Red Baron

Still waiting for Manly to win 80-0
Since the end of WW2 the world has seen no major conflicts between the major powers. The Cold War almost turned hot, but we escaped nuclear war on several occasions. People born in 1946 and onwards have not seen anything like generations past. We undoubtedly live in the best time in human history.

The big question remains: will this peace eventually end? Will humanity have another major conflict? Perhaps over natural resources when humanity over populates the earth?

In the words of Bertolt Brecht, “War Always finds a way”.

he big question remains: will this peace eventually end? Will humanity have another major conflict?
Unfortunately that's a little like asking if Hetherington will ever get suspended again, or if an NRL player will ever get filmed having sex in a toilet again, the answer in each case being, well, der!
And as to whether we live in the best time in history, that would depend entirely on who you mean by 'we'.
However, well done to pose such a big question, wonder if ST can solve this one :)

See what three tours of Afghanistan leaves the mind to ponder.
My old man served for twenty eight years, he lost friends, so did I, one of my hardest memories as a kid, was being told Uncle Eddie was killed, he was my Dad's best mate.
I lost Steve , Eddie's son, the family were off base and gone the next day, I'm disgusted when I think of how little has changed in the way we treat our warriors. They serve FOR US, we look after them ITS SIMPLE **** ISN'T IT. My old man was pretty good at telling when a bloke was suffering, we had many of his youngsters, over the years, stay for a weeks R & R of family life, instead of days and nights drowning their sorrow.

So Putin finally decided to invade Ukraine… I wonder if China will see this as a good opportunity to pounce on Taiwan :wondering:

Since the end of WW2 the world has seen no major conflicts between the major powers. The Cold War almost turned hot, but we escaped nuclear war on several occasions. People born in 1946 and onwards have not seen anything like generations past. We undoubtedly live in the best time in human history.

The big question remains: will this peace eventually end? Will humanity have another major conflict? Perhaps over natural resources when humanity over populates the earth?

In the words of Bertolt Brecht, “War Always finds a way”.

I think you will find that there has been more armed conflict globally since the WW11 than at any time previously.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6