The Lift

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

simon64

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
We got beaten tonight and I'm shattered. Even with the troops we had missing, I still felt we are a better side than them and I saw nothing tonight to change that opinion.

But I did see something, over and over, that frankly, scares the schiezer out of me.

From the very first tackle, when we should have been given a penalty, the purple Scum seemed hell bent on lifting every player they tackled. I lost count of the number of times one of our players was put in a dangerous position.

We've already had the tragic injury to Alex McKinnon. No one wants to see that happen again but it's pretty obvious Bellamy is sending his players out there under strict instructions to lift.

This is just the 2014 version of the wrestle, the crusher and the chicken wing.

But the repercussions unfortunately are far more serious.

Someone at the NRL better show some leadership and do something fast before we're talking about another player with a serious injury.

I'm done.

The most disappointing aspect of the game! You would have thought they would have learnt a big lesson from McLeans tackle (and whomever else was involved that day).

I had somewhat mellowed slightly on them since gorgeous went there....silly me!

simon64 said:
From the very first tackle, when we should have been given a penalty, the purple Scum seemed hell bent on lifting every player they tackled. I lost count of the number of times one of our players was put in a dangerous position.

We've already had the tragic injury to Alex McKinnon. No one wants to see that happen again but it's pretty obvious Bellamy is sending his players out there under strict instructions to lift.

Couldn't agree with you more. So it wasn't just me thinking this is grubby grubby grubby. Yes, it seemed they were hell bent and every time they lifted I cringed. Infuriating!

I think they will only stop their grubby tactics when someone's killed....or will they ever?!

The first bloody tackle should have been penalized, and the one that went on report should have been a sin binning: even BEFORE the Alex McKinnon incident.

NRL... So many words, so little action.

Is it going to take a player getting cripp... Oh, wait, that ALREADY HAPPENED :(

simon64 said:
We got beaten tonight and I'm shattered. Even with the troops we had missing, I still felt we are a better side than them and I saw nothing tonight to change that opinion.

But I did see something, over and over, that frankly, scares the schiezer out of me.

This is just the 2014 version of the wrestle, the crusher and the chicken wing.

But the repercussions unfortunately are far more serious.

Someone at the NRL better show some leadership and do something fast before we're talking about another player with a serious injury.

I'm done.

Thought exactly the same thing after the 2nd time they did it tonight, may have been the Horo tackle where they actually got penalised.

That is their new slowing the ball down tactic. Pity that some young man with a broken neck caused by their recklessness doesn't seem to make them want to change their tactics. The quicker Bellamy Fs off from league, the better the game will be for it.

Bellamy is a grub. Fancy ordering his players to slow down play by HOLD LIFT HOLD MOMENTARY DANGEROUS POSITION HOLD RELEASE. A four second set of activities to slow down the play and to hell with the consequences.

Are all teams supposed to copy them know to get the same advantage in the ruck. Geez, the nrl are useless if they continue to allow Melbourne to get away with that.

First tackle of the match was a joke. Fancy not getting a penalty for that.

The purple scum are cheating grubs (bar one George Rose) plain and simple.

They have a grub of a captain and a grub of a coach and are a blight on the game of Rugby League.

Eagleheart said:
The purple scum are cheating grubs (bar one George Rose) plain and simple.

They have a grub of a captain and a grub of a coach and are a blight on the game of Rugby League.

Problem is, Mr Smith thinks "past the horizontal" means when someone is too old and has given up on sex.

Stuff George Rose as well he looks like he us all Storm now the big doughnut. Once a storm scum always a storm scum he loved it yesterday

Having settled down, watched the replay, and sobered up a bit, I'll say this.

Even if you successfully negotiated all the 50/50 calls, and agreed both sides got a few ( which is true for me) THIS tactic is vile and explicit; throughout the game.

It just happened too often, in varying degrees.

Anyone that argues the Scum and Bell-end coaching are cutting-edge or trend-setters should go watch UFC or the like for their adrenaline rush.

Any club that began to utilise this ''Lift and hold'' style as time-management - after Alex Mac's tragedy - is disgraceful.

That it's the Scum doing it is unforgivable.

The NRL need to introduce yet another rule, due to yet another Storm tackle that has nothing to do with the game of RL, but wrestling:mad:

Disabling the ball carrier, by lifting him off the ground, must be eradicated today :idea:

KOMORI said:
The first bloody tackle should have been penalized, and the one that went on report should have been a sin binning: even BEFORE the Alex McKinnon incident.
NRL... So many words, so little action.
Is it going to take a player getting cripp... Oh, wait, that ALREADY HAPPENED :(
Couldn't understand why we didn't get an immediate penalty on the very first tackle of the match., and this failure just set the tone for the officiating for the whole evening.

But of course - it was Shame Hate rewriting the rule book as usual. His anti Manly bias is so obvious and so extreme everyone connected with RL must know about it. The NRL trot it out anytime they want the 2 points, or the Premiership going elsewhere. MWSE cannot win another title until Shame H has retired. :mad:

That 1st one was outrageous. I thought you don't have to land on your head, you just have to be lifted into a dangerous position?? I agree the fact there were several similar efforts points to a coached strategy.

This year will Shame Haine be appointed referee for the Grand Final.? If so, we cannot win it. It would only take a grub act to concuss DCE or Killer, and it will be 2007 all over again. The illegal play will be the strategy cause everyone knows it will be overlooked by Hayne. Roosters or Scum will time their tactics to perfection. Gotta hand it to them, they are experts.

RiverEagle said:
go watch UFC or the like for their adrenaline rush.

I don't like the Storm or the dirty tactics they engage in but please don't knock MMA or those that choose to watch what is a legitimate sport. But thanks for the reminder in any case.
UFC Fight night Silva vs Brown prelims starts in about 45 mins. The main card is live on Fox sports.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
That 1st one was outrageous. I thought you don't have to land on your head, you just have to be lifted into a dangerous position?? I agree the fact there were several similar efforts points to a coached strategy.

^^^ 100% right!

Wasn't Tony Williams suspended for 8 weeks when for Manly v Sharks he lifted their hooker but didn't drop him?

Last night there were also many lifting tackles when the Manly player was stationary. It was dangerously wrong of the Storm players to lift but it also a failure of the referees to call held to prevent it.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6