The last 10

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Just trying to recall how it played out. We scored to get to 16-all, we had all the momentum, and Dogs had one in the bin.

Our champion halves were supposed to guide us home from there. Did we have too many voices trying to take control, or not enough??

I think the sin bin played a big part.

It lifted the dogs and we might have taken a slight foot off the pedal thinking it'd be easier.

All in all we were winning the grind and field position until the ref thought he was fullback. Changed the entire momentum of the game.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
True, that kick that hit the ref was massive.

That was the turning point, we were well on top before that point. We also need to practice setting up for fieldgoals, DCE can keep them no problem but our setup is awful and means we end up missing our chance to pot an easy one.

torana355 said:
SeaEagleRock8 said:
True, that kick that hit the ref was massive.

That was the turning point, we were well on top before that point. We also need to practice setting up for fieldgoals, DCE can keep them no problem but our setup is awful and means we end up missing our chance to pot an easy one.
Yes & yes, the ridiculous rule will most likely change from 2015, a season too late, but the setup for FG was poorly executed...seemed to play sideways giving the defence time to push up on the kicker & really looked indecisive in getting to the right parts of the field to execute the 1 point.

The grubber was rubbish and was about to be cleaned up. From there, with the momentum we had, we march down field and steal it. You could see on the refs cam Foran was gutted and said something like "you can't swing the game like that". He obviously didn't know the rule, was just saying how he felt. And how every Manly fan felt.

I don't know if the boys practice the art of setting up field goals but I really believe they should. The bulldogs are experts at it and it won them 3 golden point games in a row this year. The panthers are pretty good at them too.

i thought they would keep the ball in the middle, but went wide on the 3rd play (4th tackle). It wasn;t a great angle for a field goal so they went one more back to the middle..

I am not really understanding why it is DCE's fault they did not go for a FG on the 4th play rather than the last.

Mal Cochrane said:
I am not really understanding why it is DCE's fault they did not go for a FG on the 4th play rather than the last.

Im not blaming cherry one little bit but he is the halfback. Generally what happens when chasing a 1 pointer in the dying stages its all about what the halfback wants the halfback gets.

I still think stewart could have nailed it and it should have been a penalty for reynalds being offside. But I understand how chez is copping some flack. He would have seen the opportunity present and taken it, he can kick em both feet he makes them look easy. Its his to command.

I hear you, but did 12 other players not think it was a good idea to stay in the middle? It was the time in the game where it was the best option. I mean, did someone over rule him or saw an opportunity?

What freaked me out for a sec is Ch6 had that as the 5th tackle when they went wide, but i thought it was wrong, or hoping... and i was right.

Manly have had the same problem for the past few years and it never gets rectified. Even when Ballin plays, the last tackle options are rarely measured or composed. The worst set of six happened after Perrett knocked on the bomb in the 2nd half. Here was a great opportunity for a set play involving Snake like the one against the Roosters earlier this year, but it was a rabble of a set ending with a ridiculous blindside raid .

You'd expect experienced International and premiership winning halves to be more composed under pressure but it wasn't the case last night.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6