The Ladder & road ahead

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Brissie Kid

Bencher
Table as at tonight. Unlikely but the minor premiership might be won on 34 points by any of the teams below except Cows or Eels.

Manly 34 points (+116) 1st
Run Home: v Penrith B/vale, v Cowboys away

South Sydney 32 points (+221) 2nd
Run Home: v Bulldogs ANZ, v Roosters SFS

Penrith 32 points (+79) 3rd
Run Home: v Storm home, v Manly away, v Warriors home

Rorters 30 points (+180) 4th
Run Home: v Warriors away, v Storm home, v Souths home

Canterbury 30 points (15) 5th
Run Home: vs Souths home, v Titans away

Cows 28 points (+175) 6th
Run Home: vs Cronulla home, vs Manly home

Melbourne 28 points (+64) 7th
Run Home: vs Panthers away, vs Roosters away, vs Broncos home

Eels 28 points (-60) 8th
Run home: vs Knights away, vs Raiders away

Funny how souths run now is looking a bit harder. Two games against monster packs in the Dogs and Roosters could have them coming up a little tender come Semi Final time!

I hate the Vermin, Scumdogs and Rorters with a passion.

I hope all 3 bash the living hell out of each other in the next two weeks. Couldn't care less who wins those games, so long as they dish out more punishment to each other than a night of watching Bellator MMA on One.

Beating the riff next week would mean we are a HUGE chance of lifting the JJ Shield next week at Brookie, how awesome would that be! Just need Worriers or scum to roll the rorters and scumdogs to roll the toothless wonders on thursday night - not a long stretch by any means, oh and The slime could be back out of the 8 as early as tomorrow, week just got better and everything's coming up MANLY!

EagleHaus said:
Beating the riff next week would mean we are a HUGE chance of lifting the JJ Shield next week at Brookie, how awesome would that be! Just need Worriers or scum to roll the rorters and scumdogs to roll the toothless wonders on thursday night - not a long stretch by any means, oh and The slime could be back out of the 8 as early as tomorrow, week just got better and everything's coming up MANLY!

Hope so! I think your scenario also needs Storm to beat Penrith tomorrow night.

If both Manly and Penrith are on 34 going into the Brookie game I doubt they will give the shield to the winner as they both could end up on 36 after the final round.

For Manly to finish Sunday as minor premiers will need all of the following (I think!):

Storm to beat Penrith on Mon night.
NZ to beat Rorters tomorrow or Storm to beat Rorters next Sat.
Dogs to beat Souths on Thurs night.
Manly to beat Panthers on Sunday.

Brissie Kid said:
EagleHaus said:
Hope so! I think your scenario also needs Storm to beat Penrith tomorrow night.

If both Manly and Penrith are on 34 going into the Brookie game I doubt they will give the shield to the winner as they both could end up on 36 after the final round.

For Manly to finish Sunday as minor premiers will need all of the following (I think!):

NZ to beat Rorters tomorrow or Storm to beat Rorters next Sat.

I like our chances

For Manly to finish next Sunday night as minor premiers will need all of the following (I think!):

Storm to beat Rorters at SFS next Sat.

Brissie Kid said:
For Manly to finish next Sunday night as minor premiers will need all of the following (I think!):

Storm to beat Rorters at SFS next Sat.

Hmmm. Easy?

So, carn the Storm, Carn the Dogs, Carn the Storm ... that is sooooo hard to say.

Carn the Mighty Sea Eagles!!!! That's better.

To win the Minor Premiership we just have to win our last two games. Its that simple. Personally id rather see us lose the last two and play really well then then play crap and only just scrape in and win the two games.

the mauler said:
Would love to face the Riff 1st week of finals and Rorters to face Rabbits.Looks a massive chance.

Yeah that would be a pretty ideal first round of finals. Hopefully the Rabbits and Roosters would smash the crap out of each other. They also play each other in the last round :)

Most likely scenario is we will finish 2nd and have to play the vermin in week one on our home ground of ANZ stadium. What a joke.

Week one finals
Manly v Grubs
Rorters v Panthers
Storm v Dogs
Cows v Parra

mickqld said:
Most likely scenario is we will finish 2nd and have to play the vermin in week one on our home ground of ANZ stadium. What a joke.

Week one finals
Manly v Grubs
Rorters v Panthers
Storm v Dogs
Cows v Parra

1st or 2nd
V Roosters at ANZ
V Souffs at SfS
anyone else if we are 1st or 2nd at SfS

mickqld said:

Week one finals
Manly v Grubs
Rorters v Panthers
Storm v Dogs
Cows v Parra

Thats why we need to win the last two games. If we do we makes things alot easier for ourselves but with that said we need to start kicking into gear.

There will be no 2nd chances for us. If we don't beat the vermin in week one of the finals then forget about it.

torana355 said:
mickqld said:

Week one finals
Manly v Grubs
Rorters v Panthers
Storm v Dogs
Cows v Parra

Thats why we need to win the last two games. If we do we makes things alot easier for ourselves but with that said we need to start kicking into gear.

Not necessarily because if we won in week 1 of the finals then our likely opponent in week 3 prelim final would be either Penrith or Cows while the rorters and vermin would have to bash each other up just to get to the gf. Finishing 1st might NOT be the best thing for us.

I can see Toovey resting players from the final round game up in Townsville. Long trip and the Cows will be sure to want to smash Manly up. Hasler did it on 2011 with the Broncos game and last year Penrith beat us at Brookie with players left out.

Brissie Kid said:
I can see Toovey resting players from the final round game up in Townsville. Long trip and the Cows will be sure to want to smash Manly up. Hasler did it on 2011 :huh: with the Broncos game and last year Penrith beat us at Brookie with players left out.

2011 Manly had 5 Players suspended after The Battle of Brookvale - I would hardly call that resting Players :dodgy:

Last year we had huge injury issues and Jorge was stood down due to his court case for 2 weeks.

Panthers could pull level with us this weekend, if they win tomorrow night and do it by a massive margin, they could go into first. Either way people have forgotten about them, a win for them pulls them into equal first, which means if they win tomorrow the minor premiership may well be decided next weekend.

The one great thing here is the top 4 teams fighting it out for the minor premiership all have to play one of the other top 4 teams in the last two weeks. Manly win both, and we win it, but next weekend really us or Panthers will be dropped out of the running in my opinion, the week after the either Rabbits or Roosters will be dropped out of the running.

Only one solution really once you consider the bye and all, and that is for us to win both games

HappilyManly said:
Brissie Kid said:
I can see Toovey resting players from the final round game up in Townsville. Long trip and the Cows will be sure to want to smash Manly up. Hasler did it on 2011 :huh: with the Broncos game and last year Penrith beat us at Brookie with players left out.

2011 Manly had 5 Players suspended after The Battle of Brookvale - I would hardly call that resting Players :dodgy:

Last year we had huge injury issues and Jorge was stood down due to his court case for 2 weeks.

I think Brett Stewart would have missed that 2011 match anyway with injury.

Avoiding an Adam Reynolds-type injury just before the finals has to be the main aim if a top-4 spot is secure.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4