The Jurbo Journal - (just a really nice Jake thread)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Who should be Manly's captain (from now) ?

• DCE

Votes: 23 29.9%
  • Jake T

Votes: 54 70.1%

• Total voters
Played 80 as a middle last night in stifling heat. Are they trying to kill this bloke!??!!!
He's a champ but the coaches surely won't run him into the ground?
So many of our tackles, Jake is actually the first one in doing the work. Anyway, he was excellent last night, exactly what we expect from him and exactly what he delivers time and time again.

(There's many Jake threads but doesn't appear to be a Jake mega-thread, if anyone deserves one he does!)

1679009172793.png

I thought he was becoming fairly stale in the last year or so. Sure he still did a tonne of work, but he seemed to have lost that percentage point or two of oommff.

Far out......his hits are even more venomous at the moment.

He is incredible. No-one personifies Manly like Jake.....big kid....even bigger legend!

35 tackles and 150 metres workhorse
seriously that's what he did?? This reminds me of his early days.

I know he passed a lot under Des, but his running just didn't seem to have the impact. But now his runs are really giving us 7 to 10metres every run, and are gassing out their middle forwards. Which again is a great idea. Whose engine are you going to back? Jakes.....or someone elses? And unless that engine is maybe Geoff Toovey.....well I'm backing Jake.

Played 80 as a middle last night in stifling heat. Are they trying to kill this bloke!??!!!
So many of our tackles, Jake is actually the first one in doing the work. Anyway, he was excellent last night, exactly what we expect from him and exactly what he delivers time and time again.

(There's many Jake threads but doesn't appear to be a Jake mega-thread, if anyone deserves one he does!)

View attachment 23448
Pretty confident the coaches are not that stupid. For all we know he may well get extra time off early in the week or similar

seriously that's what he did?? This reminds me of his early days.

I know he passed a lot under Des, but his running just didn't seem to have the impact. But now his runs are really giving us 7 to 10metres every run, and are gassing out their middle forwards. Which again is a great idea. Whose engine are you going to back? Jakes.....or someone elses? And unless that engine is maybe Geoff Toovey.....well I'm backing Jake.
Same passion as toovs

View attachment 23448

Was close to giving him one of my points. Trouble is one gets complacent watching him and expecting him to do his stuff yet again. Mr Reliable

How good is it when we score and he walks back into the ingoal at the Bob Fulton stand.. you can see his excitment he looks like he wants to hug the fans.. this bloke is seriously a big kid playing a game he loves for a club he loves..absolutely living the dream and it shows.. while most players keep a " professional composed face" Jake cant help but unload that smile of joy towards the fans, hes one of us!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4