The Have a whinge forum -> Long overdue

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member
The Have a whinge forum -> Long overdue

Hi,

Right I am not looking for out and out happiness, conga lines and hand holding here. I think negativity has its place in this world.

I also think however, that there is a clear difference between constructive criticism and just whinging for sake of it. The rugby league forum these days can't have one thread without a whole lot of other crap with posts that seem to show the many agendas that people for various reasons have.

I have opened up http://www.silvertails.net/forums/index.php?board=44.0

I am going to trial this and have a bit of a laugh with it. I don't by all means see it as permanent but I would like to see just how many posts end up in that forum and how many in the main footy forum.

Now I don't expect that every post in the footy forum will from here on out be blindly positive and I don't want blind positivity. I expect there to be criticism, but criticism where it is due, and it is valid criticism.

So lets just see how this goes. One would think that people will understand the undertone in this message, but we shall see.

Dan

Re: The Have a whinge forum -> Long overdue

we'll see, I mean will it just become a whing-a-thon if its added?

:)

Post  automatically merged: [time]1297405594[/time]

created, you can see it on the main forum index

Nah i can see some constructive chat, already has been  ;)

Post  automatically merged: [time]1297406650[/time]

Good stuff

wonder who the 1st topic will be about LOL

I am tempted to start one

Good idea Dan, whilst part of this has been due to most being bored it's a damn shame that every single thread seems to end up in a whingeathon...it is after all a "football" forum and much like we have the general forums, the MWTS forum this isn't a bad idea and perhaps move threads here that go down the whinge track.

Anyway you can only but give it a go.

I am thinking about starting a blindly loyal and positive forum too then somewhere in between we will have this forum for balanced football conversation

Surprisingly the whingers haven't posted anything in this topic.

Dan, can you remove whinging posts from specific threads and place them in here, leaving their original thread posts as "YOUR POST HAS BEEN MOVED TO THE HAVE A WHINGE FORUM"?

The sheer amount of workload involved is prohibitive. If this were my job no problem but as it' stands I just dont have the time :)

BTW can we maybe get rid of the  Post  automatically merged option as when you update 1 of your own threads it does not move it to the top etc

I mght just edit it to change the code to check when the last post was and if it was more than 30 mins to put in a new reply

Do the whingers realise they're whingers?
I think they believe they're taking the stand on behalf of the outraged citizens of Gotham.

Dan, whats the plan? Are you going to move whole threads or just posts that cross the line, cause not to whinge or anything, but I can see an interesting tactic being deployed of attacking a thread with whinging so it gets moved.

i dont mind the idea but it looks fukd.. maybe only logged in members can access it & see it on the menu..  guest & hidden shouldnt be allowed in.. 

yeah thats a good idea, maybe even people with less than 100  posts too to stop the riff raff in joining and slagging off

Dan link said:
So lets just see how this goes. One would think that people will understand the undertone in this message, but we shall see.

I feel many will simply struggle with the word undertone.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2