The great game has been ruined

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Bandit

Reserve Grader
NRL is so hard to watch now.

Wrestling, video review of all 700 plays, no refs with balls to make a single call, the interchange - so 15 big guys play fresh (30 mins each) and ur 2 talented little blokes play 80 mins, getting smashed up.

Ban the shoulder hit, ban the face to face punch so smart arse cats can verbal u without fear of retribution, 17 lunatics rushing in and harassing the ref (what absolute disrespect), 3 or 4-man tackles - holding up and "dancing" with the attacker so he can't play it quickly. Rush back 5 metres & rush up, like touch.

Lie down so the super slowmo looks dodgy & u win the free kick - in wog ball it's called taking a dive.

That's what it's become.

Camera's on the ref's head, spidercam so we can see the top of 28 heads. Who was the dope that wasted $10 billion on the stupid gear? Side view camera angle on league suits the human eye / perspective.

Stuffing a mike in ur face as ur running off for halftime.

It used to be an enjoyable sport to watch. Bad rule changes and methods of playing the game (discouraging unpredictable, entertaining, positive play, will be detrimental.

Consider how difficult it is to watch rugby, soccer, gridiron, men's tennis, longform cricket, amongst other sports.

You don't have any objections from me here, this whole: "More is Better" crap the NRL go on with is beyond a joke. The different views of Spider Cam, Ref Cam......now I don't want to stop innovation, but these angles are just stupid. The ref came is like watching a home made movie your 8 year old son would make, shakey and just rubbish.

Then to the game, we just have niggle and push and shove and verbal in nearly every play now. What a great look NRL. We are just breeding a bunch of smart a$$'s. You carry on continuously about what a bad look it is for little Johnny to see grown men throw 1 punch over about 3 weekends of footy....yet seeing at least 50 instances tonight of just smart a$$ tactics is fine? Yep I bet the Saturday morning refs at kids sports love it.

Have to laugh at the refs going off at players rushing in to a melee......what are they about to do..........slap each other?:p:D:):-/:huh::(

I have never been so disenchanted with league in nearly 40 years. What Bandit and Killer wrote is very true. I can't be bothered spending nearly $100 and driving hours anymore on a slap and wrestle type mania and don't watch many games anymore. The contest seems to have vanished. At my school, there are probably only 5 full on footy followers in a staff of 80 yet 10 years ago the majority of staff was into it. Why is it and what has happened?

Well Dave banned the biff Darren because one school principal had a whinge and cry. Maybe if one writes telling him the game is dead he will listen and react. The NRL sure aren't listening to fans.

As a result, I actually prefer to tape "classic" matches on Fox and enjoy them for the real rugby league they are..

Brissie Kid said:
Well Dave banned the biff Darren because one school principal had a whinge and cry. Maybe if one writes telling him the game is dead he will listen and react. The NRL sure aren't listening to fans.

I wish that principal would express his views on players ripping each other's arms out of their sockets.

I think we should be buying some players from the WWA.
The game is losing all respect with all the rule changes players lying down to get penalties , video ref looking at everything in slow motion it's a bloody disgrace.

The boofheads at the NRL are losing the battle of fans and its all down to their own arrogance.

They have sold their soul to Nein which means we are prisoners to unfair scheduling and too much night football.

They have diluted the power of a referee so much that they may as well just let the video ref just ref the game now.

This wrestling rubbish is a cancer in the game and it needs to be stamped out, vermin v dogs will just be a boring wrestle bout.

The inconsistency coming from the NRL over player citings and suspensions is also something that the fans have had enough of, watch this week and you will see what I mean.

Greenturd has earned his corn, the NRL has its 'dream' grand final now.

Total and utter farce.6 penalties in the first 11 minutes.17 in total.About 1 every 3 minutes of play.Virtually 50 percent completions for most of the second half most coming from the wrestle mania.Basically zero line breaks but what would u expect when the 13th ranked team in line breaks plays the 14th ranked .It is an absolute indictment that in a game supposedly meant to entertain the rules allow the worst attacking sides in the comp in terms of running Rugby League to play a prelim final.

That is the worst and most frustrating finals match I have ever seen.Rugby League is in serious trouble.

You people make me laugh. Just because Manly didnt make GF, you say the game is crap. Yeah right. I get sick of people who every time there team loses, they say " thats it, im done, im following AFL now." But these same people watch every NRL game every week. They couldnt even name 5 AFL players. Stop being so insecure about Rugby League, and enjoy it.

I agree with Susan, that match yesterday was very poor quality, especially compared with the previous night.

susan said:
Total and utter farce.6 penalties in the first 11 minutes.17 in total.About 1 every 3 minutes of play.Virtually 50 percent completions for most of the second half most coming from the wrestle mania.Basically zero line breaks but what would u expect when the 13th ranked team in line breaks plays the 14th ranked .It is an absolute indictment that in a game supposedly meant to entertain the rules allow the worst attacking sides in the comp in terms of running Rugby League to play a prelim final.

That is the worst and most frustrating finals match I have ever seen.Rugby League is in serious trouble.

Some people are hard to please. Earlier on in the season, Penrith won a couple of high scoring games, and all people could say is they had no defence. Now they play a low scoring final, and now they have no attack. Teams are not there to entertain, they are there to win footy games. Thats exactly what the Bulldogs are doing, that is why they are in the GF, and Manly are not.

Eagle1306 said:
You people make me laugh. Just because Manly didnt make GF, you say the game is crap. Yeah right. I get sick of people who every time there team loses, they say " thats it, im done, im following AFL now." But these same people watch every NRL game every week. They couldnt even name 5 AFL players. Stop being so insecure about Rugby League, and enjoy it.

Problem is, the game IS crap. I'll never watch the kick and giggle or the union but it still won't stop me from turning off the NRL. I didn't watch either of this week's games because (a) I couldn't give a toss about any of the teams left and (b) rugby league as a "product" these days is pretty much horrible to watch (and the outcomes are horribly predictable). In fact this year I struggled to bring myself to watch Manly games.
It's not a good sign that someone who grew up playing and loving rugby league would rather let his wife watch "Fashion Police" on the E Network than tune into a major semi final of a game he always thought he loved…

I have no problem with sending a guy to the bin for punching. However, if its retaliation for say a chicken wing or other grubby act well send them both. If its clear provocation send them both.

Chicken wings, crocodile rolls - send them to the bin - mandatory on report.

Stupid rules like kicking the ball at the ref need to be overhauled.

Get rid of golden point - go back to extra time.

Interchange - a few less would be handy. The game seems to be losing something with the backs almost passengers until late in the second halves of games.

Jeez I could moan for hours on this - better go and take the dogs for a run.

Recently the refs also seem to stop play , to have conference...

last night , when the scumdogs were out on their feet , Graham started something ..... dont even know what it was about , and the play was stopped for 4-5 minutes...

perfect time for a breather and a break for the team who needed it !!!

just rubbish

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8