The "Great" Andrew Johns

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

QldEagle01

Reserve Grader
The "Great" Andrew Johns

Ive been thinking long and hard all day, a stretch i know but any way...... The Continuous Call team and Fox Sports mob have been going on and on all day about the "Great Joey Johns". Well im not sure if its only me but im finally of the opinion he is in the position hes in due to an unfair advantage. Most of us have stress in our day to day lives, but his escape was drugs, maybe not performance enhancing in the classic sense, but none the less he gained an unfair mental advantage surely and has done more harm to our game than being refused service at a bar. Yet hes presented as the be all and end of all of a hero footballer. Am i going to far or am i being overly synical after what has happened to Manly this week. The more i think about it the more it hurts and angers me, but what can we do about it, that the hardest bit, any way said my bit. Cheers

Re: The "Great" Andrew Johns

Agreed with all you said.  Hypocrites rule this game at the moment.

look had Johns treated his demons with legal prescription drugs it's possible he could have been even more stable and a better focused player, it's all speculation, hearing about John’s gives me the ****s from time to time as I think he got off very lightly in the end but at the end of the day nothing he took was performance enhancing.

I don't think he was ever on the disco biscuits when he played, I'm not 100% sure but I'd be very surprised. It may have helped him get through the days between games no doubt and whether this had a positive effect on his mental state come game day only he could tell you. Who knows, had he stayed off the drugs he may have been even better than he was. However I agree with you, it is sickening to see how all the tryhard commentators and ex players fall over themselves to blow sunshine up his backside. He is no hero in my book, a bloody good footballer but not someone I respect.

agreed however if he attends training feeling better about himself than he really should, he performs at a  higher level, even if its just the confidence he exudes to his team mates. Id certainle rather my children mirror Brett Stewart than Johns. Im afaraid he got where he is on unfair grounds, performance enhancing drugs are illegal hence my case, hes a false hero and should be shown up as such.

cannot agree with that, there were maybe 4 or 5, not the whole team.

Still an unfair advantage

Joey admitted that he used to take drugs (recreational) during his playing career in his book IIRC.

DSM5 link said:
1997, all the Drugcastle players were on steroids. 
smartest thing you have ever posted
well done

now u just have to stop ure anti orford vendetta and u will have some credabilty ole mate

Cliffy Gc link said:
well done

now u just have to stop ure anti orford vendetta and u will have some credabilty ole mate

well done

now u just have to stop ure anti DSM vendetta and u will have some credabilty ole mate
:)

Rex link said:
[quote author=Cliffy Gc link=topic=179644.msg212669#msg212669 date=1237048553]

well done

well done

now u just have to stop ure anti DSM vendetta and u will have some credabilty ole mate
:)
[/quote]  And oldboy, if you stopped your anti-Mata vendetta you would lose a lot of credibility ol' mate. 

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2