The good, the bad, and the ugly

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

cf2 is back

Reserve Grader
The Good:
Brett back, Buhrer looking much improved, DCE (despite few errors) a definite star of future, Foran still improving, and we only lost 18-6 (12-0 2nd half) despite appalling 6/17 2nd half completion away from home.

The Bad:
Dreadful 6/17 2nd half completions, T-Rex (not a 1st grade centre now or ever), Glenn Stewart (where has the former great player gone?), Dropmough (ditto Glenn plus STILL can't catch), Kite (can't break an egg 3 seasons well past best).

The Ugly:
Horrific toll already - Lyon (hammy 4 weeks), Matai (still suspended for month or so), Rodney (broken arm - 6 weeks?), King (likely 1 week susp), Hoppa (did I hear also serious injury?), Whare (several weeks?), Wolfman (still out?).

King (we will find out today), Hoppa (shoulder 5-6weeks), Whare (not sure what prob is), Wolfman (back this week), Rodney (6 weeks with arm or collarbone)

I think you are being harsh on Glenn Stewart. He had to switch in and play 5/8 which is a big big ask if you ask me for a back rower and he actually did a pretty reasonable job

Our best attacking options last year were the right side Gift, Killer, TRex combo so it stands to reason with all the reshuffling and losing killer that we were going to be stuffed trying to score points and will be until that combo ( sub Wolf for T Rex) returns.

I'm not saying Glenn was terrible, I am simple asking where the Glenn of 2007-2009 has gone who often won man of match awards? And I'm not forgetting how hard it was without Brett last year. I'd just like to see him back to the aggressive form he once displayed instead of the sideways crabbing runs. I can only hope he's fitter too cos he sure looked overweight last year. But yep fair call very tough 1st rd given the positional changes and I'm sure with Brett in the team he will get better fast. If I'm not mistaken I thought I caught a lovely Glenn to Brett ball in the 2nd half.

Same form question goes for Dropmough seriously guys it's been a long time since he tore a game apart like he used to do. And please can anyone explain (Des?) how he is EVER allowed to go into dummy half?

I was at the game and thought Glen had a pretty fair game...Watmough has a hands problem, don't know how that's going to be fixed. If he was making big metres, scoring lots of trys and setting up a few more you could ignore it...as it is...I don't know.

Dan link said:
I think you are being harsh on Glenn Stewart. He had to switch in and play 5/8 which is a big big ask if you ask me for a back rower and he actually did a pretty reasonable job
It was a tough gig for Stewart - he usually plays thru the line where he takes defenders on & pops a ball & on Sat night the 5/8 role meant he passed more before the line to give his outside runners a crack - not his natural role - i agree far from his best game but injuries led to a confusing situation - could prob drop some kg's & convert to pivot but way more dangerous when he attacks the line with runners coming late atm.

Choc's always had problems with his hands, so i doubt anything will change now.

I'd be surprised if he didn't get more meters than any of the other forwards but i haven't seen the stats

Fair comments on Glenn as I said tough night for him out of position.

But as for Dropmough should we all just concede that he has "poor hands" and for some reason now live with the fact he will knock on every match? Bugger me how hard is it to practice catching a ball? Sure natural mistakes happen to all players but not 2-3 times EVERY game like clockwork.

Every time he either goes to catch a pass or play the ball I am wincing he will cough it up, trip over it or concede a penalty.

And more than any of that times a million - why is he ever ever ever allowed to go into dummy half? Surely Des can make it a mandatory for him to never ever go there period?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6