The Good, the Bad and the Ugly report - Rd 4 2012

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Cant understand why uv singled Choc out for last nights game. He was our best last night IMO,his work rate was incredible. He dropped one ball, apart from that pulled off some big shots in defence and he ran with vigour all night.

As for not making as many linebreaks,hes playing a different role now Trex is in the backrow. Hes playing in the middle while Trex has taken his spot on the edge.

Was surprised last night that Tooves didnt play Choc on the edge and persisted with him playing up the middle with Trex out. Unfortunately our frontrow just isnt getting the metres up the middle and Tooves cant afford not to have Choc playing tight.

If anything Choc is sacrificing his own game for the good of the team, and critisizing him is way off the mark . If Smokin Joe was fit and Trex was out, im sure Tooves would shift Choc to the edges and wed all see his damaging running game is still there. Unfortunately our frontrow, especially Kite just arent doing the job and Tooves hands are tied.

Spot on mauler aside from his standard dropped ball and missed tackle he was very strong but what's the go with hairstyle looks like he should b in the marines

A great read as always but disagree about choc. I thought it was a poor pass from kite.
Choc was great running with purpose all night.

Great read as usual CF2, you put a lot of time and thought into these so thanks again!!

Chocco.....you know I was thinking the same thing BUT lets face some facts. When Choc burst on to the scene in a big way he was like "super human".... I remember seeing him face to face for the first time at the Sunshine Coast trial match in 2007 and thinking "holy crap he's enormous" (and compared to me he still is) BUT the game has moved on and the players are getting bigger, stronger, faster and more mobile. There's a whole range of forwards today than can play in the backs just as well, and quite frankly I think the rest have just caught up.

He's still important to our team, and I am not being critical of him but what this means is that he isn't as devastating as he once was.

Anyway mate a good read and pretty spot on in all areas.

Thanks for the feedback guys, certainly didn't think I'd singled Choc out given my comments on our very poor front row stats, and the perplexing coaching decision to not play all 17.

My only real criticism of Choc was the disappointing dropped ball given it was a 3rd repeat set and huge chance to level the scores. Perhaps Brissie Mark you're right and it was just as much with the pass as the catch. I wouldn't trade Choc for the world with his 80 minute work rate, I'm just missing his left side line breaks.

Early days and the signs are very good that both losses were so close against tough opposition.

The front row is the problem. Fix that and we go forward. I used to hate it when Hassler picked four on the bench and then refused to use them all. Toovs, you are better than that.

Kite playing ball distributor was just as much to blame for Choc's drop if I recall correctly.

Bob Dylan what's with the strange line of attack on cf2's excellent reports? Funny what 2 losses in a row brings out.

Hey Bob Dylan. Get a life. Or even a half life. Your two lines in your last post are full on verbal chunder. I look forward to cf2's well thought out passionate reads on the game even after a tough loss.

Being an old fart and not too computer savy, I can appreciate how much effort goes into your match reports CF2.

Can you knock out this assignment I have due by Thursday...lol

I didn't understand Tooves's logic in naming a back on the bench (Jorge Taufua), and then not even playing him. We need the forwards to all try and make metres up the middle.

Watching the game on Fox (which is average at best for they rarely ever use anything but up the players nostrils camera angles) I noticed the following:

Every time we got to build pressure Illawarra received a relieving penalty.

When we had the ball Illawarra seemd to be in our faces.

All I can say is these guys should all try out for the Olympics as they can run very fast.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8