The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly report - rd 24 2013

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
DSM5 said:
Wolfie ran in again, dammit. Why doesn't he have more faith in Jamie

It's clearly a deliberate coached technique to have Williams jam in, not so much a lack of faith. It works quite often but the danger is the precision cut out pass that leaves him floundering and the opposition winger unmarked.

I'm not going to argue with Toovie's tactics

As I said in the george rose thread....

He's just playing for a position in the forwards.

Eagles Terrorist said:
DSM5 said:
Wolfie ran in again, dammit. Why doesn't he have more faith in Jamie

It's clearly a deliberate coached technique to have Williams jam in, not so much a lack of faith. It works quite often but the danger is the precision cut out pass that leaves him floundering and the opposition winger unmarked.

I'm not going to argue with Toovie's tactics

It's true, we have an obviously deliberate tight defence. Top 4 team blokes don't postion themselves where the coach doesn't want them to.

I know it, you know it, and Cooper Cronkite knows it with his bullet passes. I just hope he stays out on his wing on Saturday night. By the way, I like him and hope he gets re-signed.

canberra had an easy 2-3 man overlap at one stage when Wolfie was right in off his wing, fortunately for us the idiots kicked to no one and we were off the hook. At one stage of the game Jamie was actually out wider than Wolfie, just crazy.
I bet the scum have been keeping an eye on it and will be capitalising on it next week, they will be sending traffic that way all night

Is this defensive lapse part of the reason he's not been signed? Does he take note of the coach?

DSM5 said:
I know it, you know it, and Cooper Cronkite knows it with his bullet passes. I just hope he stays out on his wing on Saturday night. By the way, I like him and hope he gets re-signed.

You're right dsm, I heard Gould call it our "compressed defence" - it must make it easier to bash them up the middle because it's easier to get 3 in the tackle if everyone is closer together. Also it may force teams to try and go around us. When they DO, it looks bad, but I am not Technical Coach-minded enough to notice all the times this defence keeps the opposition from making ground up the middle.

Possibly our good defensive record is built on this compressed defence, and the 2-3 tries a game we seem to let in on the wings are acceptable to Tooves. Mostly if the opposition only score 2 or 3, we win.

DSM5 said:
Is this defensive lapse part of the reason he's not been signed? Does he take note of the coach?

I don't think it's a lapse. Its a calculated tactic. I reckon salary cap pressure would be the problem signing Williams more than anything else. He's a great asset, hope we can keep him

I knew Williams would get hammered for that try as soon as I saw it. if you get a chance to look at a replay, take that chance

The winger is more often than not dictated to by his centre, Jamie runs in a hell of a lot more during a game than Williams does

On that try yesterday, Lyon went infield again, and Williams went with him as he should. He could have stayed on his wing like people want, and all that happens there is that the ball player passes it to the centre in the open space inside him and he scores the try instead of the winger on the long ball

Good report CF2...

Agree that Rose probably wouldn't be my starting prop. Gower might have been a better alternative, I also feel that he has a lot more to offer, given the chance. Apart from a few mistakes in is first outings he has since barely put a foot wrong. Not sure why the seemingly colossal James Hasson is being kept wrapped up in cotton wool each week.

Every time I watch Cliff Lyons play, I do shudder quietly thinking that one day he won't be doing what he does for us. I try to just enjoy to the fullest his class, skill and the absolute pleasure it brings me to watch this legend in action.

Is it just me or does it make more sense for the newer posts to go to the back of the list? As it is; we read the response, then we read the subject matter being responded to. AAF.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4