The Good, the Bad and the Ugly report - Rd 19

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Yes, I hate the standing around chatting and smiling to the opponents, who have just embarassed you like that.

I imagine they were playing for the Mal (I knew nothing about the 'roids) Reilly Cup or whatever and had to stay out there.

I thought that was Ballin's worst ever game. he got caught at dummy half two or three times by an outstretched arm and gave away the ball and the rest of the time his passing was very laboured.

Why the heck was Bhurer in the centres? If Matai is out pick a centre from the reserves.

Also we kept going left in attack in the fist half - away from our talented centre - why? We should have had our best second rower (not Harrison) on the right and then used that channel for attack.

We looked poor and unfortunately I think a bunch comes down to Tooves as well.

In fairness to the Players cf2, they had to stay out there for the Mal Reilly Cup presentation.

But the game and the 2 points are gone now, so lets offer our support for the Friday, Brookie is a Dog Free Zone game.:angel:

On the money. To call our performance last night sloppy is high praise.
Regards staying on the field like its a BBQ, yes there was the Mal Reilly Cup (N'castle legend) preso but this chummy stuff happens every game. To the fans it does look like: "Oh well, too bad, are you coming around for a beer later?" kinda vibe. Maybe they just don't hurt like fans do after that level of loss.

This is in no way an excuse but the referreing was diabolical. Manly got one penalty in their own half to get on the attack up field. The rest were inside the Knights quarter on tackle 1 or 2 which is of fat lot of good unless you want a goal kick.

Ballin got caught a few times at dummyhalf as the Knights markers were never square & took off early.

The Knights were shooting off the 10m line early all night. They got pinged for it once mid way in the 2nd half. I'm sure that was a price for 80 minutes of it they were willing to pay.

George Rose made a massive dominant tackle & ended up on top of the Knights player. Wasn't called dominant. He was then penalised for not getting off quickly enough. Jamie argued with the ref & was basically told to go away. The only solution to that crap is big men like George won't be picked to play in the NRL anymore.

Knights opening try in 2nd half had a massive forward pass to the winger McManus.

No excuses as Manly were on the Knights line long enough to rack up points but boy they got nothing last night in the so called fifty fifties.

I think the attitude as a whole all season has been a little poor. Defensive stats will highlight that. Defence is all about attitude and this season our defence hasn't been any where near as good. After 10 mins last night i was saying we lacked any structure and it had another poor loss written all over it. Getting up next week to beat the Dogs is one thing, but a loss with great attitude and attention defense would also be a good start. 6 wins from the last 7 games will get us in the top 4 and from there who knows but right now getting some consistency and more importantly some ruthlessness is becoming urgently required. Heres to hoping last nights effort and result may result in the wake up call the team requires. I'm not gonna get to hard on Tooves but he seems to be a calm coach who doesn't fire up to much, Des was the complete opposite and these guys seemed to respond to Des' rants. More food for thought perhaps.

bazeagle said:
Regards staying on the field like its a BBQ, yes there was the Mal Reilly Cup (N'castle legend) preso but this chummy stuff happens every game. To the fans it does look like: "Oh well, too bad, are you coming around for a beer later?" kinda vibe. Maybe they just don't hurt like fans do after that level of loss.

Of course they hurt! You can still shake hands and have a chat, a lot of players are mates off the field. Also, a lot of Manly boys had severve flu like Ballin and Foran and im sure were still trying hard - and Im sure they will get back into the sheds and be very dissapointed, as I am after a loss Manly were expected to win. Why don't you walk into the sheds after a loss next game and tell the team what you think of them and see what they say!

< Edited By Moderator. Simonmyers11, Enough of the name calling of other forum members. >

Manly's defence under Des time wasn't as good as other teams when put under pressure. But what Manly under Des did better was to keep the game up field so that Manly rarely had to defend their line.

In the 1st half last night the Knights made 3 trips to the Manly quarter & came back with 2 tries & one video ref no try. Manly was at the Knights end & on the attack far more but had no structure & the Knights defended better.

it was like we knew how to get to their end, but no idea how to get over the line. Knights knew how to get over the line but needed the refs help to get them up to their try line.

Whatever that was in the second half, I have no idea.

thanks for the report too.

Simonmyers11 said:
bazeagle said:

Of course they hurt! You can still shake hands and have a chat, a lot of players are mates off the field. Also, a lot of Manly boys had severve flu like Ballin and Foran and im sure were still trying hard - and Im sure they will get back into the sheds and be very dissapointed, as I am after a loss Manly were expected to win. Why don't you walk into the sheds after a loss next game and tell the team what you think of them and see what they say!
Disagree with me by all means but do not call me names. I didn't think this kind of low level post was allowable by the forum moderators. Clearly wrong on that score.

< Baz, the Moderators do not sit here all day scrutinising every single post that is placed on the forum to see whether they conform to the T&Cs so if you find a problem post, please REPORT IT and one of us will look at it and take whatever action is required. >

Who is this Simon Myers? Wow, anyone that resorts to talking themselves up with their gym exploits is clearly a moron, or under the age of 15. Can't be a mature adult, surely?

Moops said:
Who is this Simon Myers? Wow, anyone that resorts to talking themselves up with their gym exploits is clearly a moron, or under the age of 15. Can't be a mature adult, surely?

Wasn't talking myself up mate, just got sick of all these so called supporters who blame the coach, write stuff like manly don't care if they lose, didn't try hard enough, Toovey will only last 2 years,.... come on, we had a bad loss, disappointing, but instead of bagging out the team, lets get behind them and support them, not say stuff like we can't win this year, we wont make the top eight, defence is **** this year.. etc I was annoyed at Ryan comments cause that's all he posts - bags players out at how bad they played and always rips into Toovey, like he is a coach and would be doing a lot better himself if he was in charge. My comment about the gym came from Ryan saying I'm a Redneck who smokes pot and doesn't play sport or work out, I just said come to my work and I will show you that can't be furthest from the truth. It feels like a lot of these people who write on here haven't experienced a loss of a football game and know what it's like to play. I played league on the central coast until 20, playing in rep sides and along side Chris Heinghton in the back row, nothing special and never had the talent to make it big, but enjoyed it and couldn't imagine how hard these guys train and play on the field in the top grade - I'm sure they are hurting after a loss, and to say they don't care is a bit off the mark.

Too much shifting the ball side to side without punching holes through the middle. Easy pickings for the Knights defence. Boys have to roll the sleeves up and do the dirty work upfront before they earn the right to play dazzle dazzle footy.

After a cake walk against Parra maybe the boys thought it was goin to be more of the same against the Knights.

the mauler said:
Too much shifting the ball side to side without punching holes through the middle. Easy pickings for the Knights defence. Boys have to roll the sleeves up and do the dirty work upfront before they earn the right to play dazzle dazzle footy.

After a cake walk against Parra maybe the boys thought it was goin to be more of the same against the Knights.

Exactly, we hadn't earned the right to go wide!

Simonmyers11 said:
Moops said:

Wasn't talking myself up mate, just got sick of all these so called supporters who blame the coach, write stuff like manly don't care if they lose, didn't try hard enough, Toovey will only last 2 years,.... come on, we had a bad loss, disappointing, but instead of bagging out the team, lets get behind them and support them, not say stuff like we can't win this year, we wont make the top eight, defence is s**t this year.. etc I was annoyed at Ryan comments cause that's all he posts - bags players out at how bad they played and always rips into Toovey, like he is a coach and would be doing a lot better himself if he was in charge. My comment about the gym came from Ryan saying I'm a Redneck who smokes pot and doesn't play sport or work out, I just said come to my work and I will show you that can't be furthest from the truth. It feels like a lot of these people who write on here haven't experienced a loss of a football game and know what it's like to play. I played league on the central coast until 20, playing in rep sides and along side Chris Heinghton in the back row, nothing special and never had the talent to make it big, but enjoyed it and couldn't imagine how hard these guys train and play on the field in the top grade - I'm sure they are hurting after a loss, and to say they don't care is a bit off the mark.

Thanx for the reply but this is a football forum and Ryan is entitled to his opinion. I have said it 1000 times, if everyone had the same opinion the world would be a terribly boring place.I think this is why when the team is winning everybody is happy and agreeing with each other. This in turn makes the site incredibly slow and you can almost hear the tumbleweeds blowing. After a loss is when opinions are flying left, right and centre and this makes things VERY interesting. It seems to be much busier as well!!!

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2