The Good, the Bad and the Ugly report - Finals week 1 2012

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
only 6pts in it, with the amount of errors we had not a bad effort I'm sure the boys can't play any worse, thought Jamie B was rushing out of the line too much & agree nothing in the Skivi tackle. what's annoying is the dogs markers virtually standing side by side.

Stevie is no chance to escape suspension.Im not saying the tackle was worthy of a suspension but the simple fact is that they will suspend him for 2 weeks or more.

Maybe Toovey should have said in his press conference that he'll leave it up to the "illustrious" match review committee...it worked for Dollar Des when Kasiano shoulder charged Luke O'Dwyer flush in the face against the Titans . Maybe the review committee didn't realise it was a sarcastic comment and took it as a compliment .

The unanswered question is why they turned up with a clearly better attitude than us? I'd go as far as to say it was evident in the warm up, we looked a notch more casual whereas they were focussed and sharp. And that's how the crucial first 20 played out. We couldn't get past their sharper, more focussed defensive attitude to score. Full credit to the Dogs. Their forwards simply played better than ours especially in the second half. Can we improve? Even with 6 pairs of rose tinted glasses on, reality is I can't see it if Matai gets time, which he will and if Lyon's injury is bad.

good comment bazeagle, dogs did look more sharper. We might be lucky with Stevie's tackle as it did appear to come off Perrets arm then the ball. It still baffles me & I'm sure every other Manly fan why isn't T Rex winding up when 10-15m out from the try line

Not sure about Brett not putting a foot wrong, 4 errors is 2 feet wrong.

Very much playing the man not the ball there, and a few others

Brett has got to stop just throwing the ball anywhere for the magic pass try. There have been too many instances recently where breaks are made and rediculous passes are thrown coughing up posession.

I've always hated the lack of a genuine utility back on the bench. Whenever Manly have lost a winger , centre or fullback during the match it has immediately been exploited by the opposition. These days more tries are scored down an inexperienced winger's corridor than any other position on the field. i suppose Ben Farrar's injury and the fact that Manly try to stick to the salary cap has made it difficult. The Bulldogs were carrying on like they had no outside backs left when Turner , Brown, Goodwin and Lafai were injured. Turner (fractured patella) was the only regular first grader with a season ending injury (Goodwin had a ruptured spleen which is rarely season ending and he's been back for a number of weeks), Brown was a back-up and Lafai was a lower grader with some first grade experience); They get a frontline goalkicker in Inu and an experienced International in Perret to cover their weaknesses (Inu was on $425,000 a year at the Warriors and Perret at least $150,000). There should be a proper salary cap enforcement committee not just a token ex-player . It's a joke .

I agree with the matai comment should never had been put on report, I think liam foran should be on the bench the if needed he can slot into 6 and push Kieran to the centres but I dnt no if that is too much of a shuffle? But I think we can deliver alot better next game I think DCE & Forna knows they has a lot more to offer GO MANLY!

Fluffy said:

I am glad that someone has said it...and no Chicken Little responses in sight!!

Moops said:
Fluffy said:

I am glad that someone has said it...and no Chicken Little responses in sight!!

Where is Cambo??

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7