The Game of the year so far

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Cameron

Make Manly Great Again #Hasler2019
I have to say I can't believe how excited i am about this one friday nite and am spewing im not going to be there.

Forget the distraction about the wannabe CEO

Manly VS the flithy Cheats who credit where its due are playing really good football.

I'm not confident we will get the win but i think friday will give us an idea of just how deep we will go in September.

I can't help but think back to this game in 08 we won the premiership on that night. You could see the beleif the boys had after coming so close at brookvale.

Id love to see kite rediscover his inner mongeral like he did that night when he smashed Crock o ****.

If we win I hope its a close win, id hate for us to flog them and for the storm to have that for motivation if we play them on October 2

I hope we smash em. The Storm would already have motivation from the last game in 2008 anyway Cam.

I think we need to win to cement the top 2 spot. Its going to be mighty tough to get the Broncos in the last round at Suncorp. Especially considering we rarely get the rub of the green from the refs, trying to get something our way in Lockys last game will be next to impossible.

A top 2 finish is crucial. You win in the first week of the finals and you get a week off whilst your opposition just bash each other in week 2.

Also I heard a stat that we've only had 3 years previously where we have been undefeated at home. Those previous times all resulted in premierships.

Masked Eagle said:
I think we need to win to cement the top 2 spot. Its going to be mighty tough to get the Broncos in the last round at Suncorp. Especially considering we rarely get the rub of the green from the refs, trying to get something our way in Lockys last game will be next to impossible.

A top 2 finish is crucial. You win in the first week of the finals and you get a week off whilst your opposition just bash each other in week 2.

Also I heard a stat that we've only had 3 years previously where we have been undefeated at home. Those previous times all resulted in premierships.

I don't class Manly as being undefeated at home. They took a home game to Bluetongue and lost. It was still a home game.

Cambo said:
I have to say I can't believe how excited i am about this one friday nite and am spewing im not going to be there.

We are in the same boat on that one Cambo.

Will be in the air at kickoff and arrive in Sydney just in time to miss it. And this being my favourite game (v storm) to attend Brookie.

Spewing also.

bones said:
Masked Eagle said:

I don't class Manly as being undefeated at home. They took a home game to Bluetongue and lost. It was still a home game.

Forgot about that. Good point. I'd have to agree.

They are undefeated at Brookvale Oval, that cannot be argued.

This is going to be a hell of a game and Manly still have plenty to play for which may give them an edge. Melbourne have been tough to crack all year and Friday night will be no exception. Manly can shut down and have done so in the past but minimising Smith's impact is far more important, he really holds the key. Ball security and discipline could get Manly across the line.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6