The footy is a week away time to fire up the forum!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Let's put the last few weeks behind us and start discussing the whole reason we are here, football.

A few threads have been started in recent weeks but don't seem to last long (they get overtaken by the latest negative one that comes out), so I hope this one stays alive for a little while at least.

I want to discuss, and see discussed the game we all love and the team we all love, so here's three questions to kick off the discussion.

1) Where will we be sitting at the end of round 26.

2) Who will emerge from the pack of young guns to become the "next generation Sea Eagles"

3) A bit early to be discussing signings for next year BUT who (or what...ie 2 big props) should we be looking at for 2012 (Salary Cap permitting).

My answers,

****I think we'll run 5th (as long as injuries are with us as our back up players don't seem as strong as some teams)

****From the Pack Oldfield / Whare to step up (not even listing DCE as he's the starting 7 anyway)

****And I feel we are pretty well served with young  upcoming backs so some big mobile Props (such as Timmy Grant for the Panthers) would be ideal if available. I assume that Kite will go to the UK, and Cross will drop off (although don't know when they are signed to).

Anyway this discussion has to start somewhere so over to you.

Douglas and Snowden are both off contract at the Sharks. Both of them would be nice!

I think we might scrape into the 8. But I wont be surprised if we miss out.

Hope I am wrong but our depth is a real problem and our forwards simply may not be good enough to carry us into September.

Should Kite, King, G Stewart and Watmough stand up and play to their full potential for the whole season we are a chance but these guys were hot and cold last year, and had their moments in 2009.

Matai, in my opinion, is almost as crucial to our chances as Jamie Lyon and another suspension will be the end of his NRL career.

A win against the Storm in round 1 would be a huge step in the right direction, but it wont be the end of the world if we get beaten down there.

I dont fully expect us to beat the storm 1st up
We haven't won the 1st 2 games since atleast 2008
Melbourne in bleak city? i hate to say it but its a bit
of a stretch

I would be happy if Brett gets through the season with no injuries and gets back to his best form.  We are a big chance to win if this happens because we will win the close games again. 

DCE to have a great year and be rookie of the year.  Lucssick, Cunningham and Majouli to be regualr props so that we have cover if Kite and Cross leave at the end of the season. 

Des to use Joe G more off the bench this year as an impact player and also Tony Williams to make huge impact off the bench as a forward. 

I'd disagree about Melbourne....we have done well there (with the exception the semi final in 2009) over the last few years. They are not as strong as they were, andthe Eagles will have a big contingent of supporters cheering them on down there so I'd expect a strong first up performance and if the planets are aligned a win.

I won't cut my wrists if we lose, BUT it would be a great start to the year.

We will do better than last year.
We have the snake and the wolf back
We have young blokes with potential and enthusiasm  competing for positions and competition breeds excellence.
We have a lunatic called Matai ( God love him)  who every opposition player fears
We are fresh and injury free.
We are the MIGHTY SEA EAGLES . WE WILL EXCEL!!!

I'm enthusiastic about the younger members of our squad, mixed with some of the most experienced players in the comp.
Add Brett Stewart, David Williamson and a dash of luck.... 5th or better.

manlyborn link said:
David Williamson

We signed the the playwriter, he might be a bit long in the tooth.

I loved the movie version of Don's Party and Gallipoli wasn't too bad.

;D

My only concern is Jamie Lyon, ever so important to our chances and looking like that troublesome ankle is still troublesome.

But that aside I am confident of a good year and as Zorba said to me last year when I spoke with him about getting the Silvertails Brett thread to the man himself (which he did for me) "  Mark the boys have been playing with a heavy heart these last two years  so 2011 WILL be a good year as they players have a lot to play for"

I think at times in 2010 we lacked "attitude"....I hope these comments meanwe'll have it in spades in 2011.

Shane: Flying is nothing mate, easy peasy...and you know you can do a course that gets you over it don't you?

Mark,i love air crash investigation,i know flying is the ultimate way to travel,safer than cars and all that,but heights make me **** myself

It's easy Shane..book an aisle seat, close your eyes before take off, open them when you level out and don't look out the window.

By the way I happen to have ONE spare seat with the MWTS in Melbourne, does that change your mind??

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6