The fix is on

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Do you honestly think the nrl manipulates the cmpetition to try to achieve the perfect model for fun

• Yes

Votes: 25 48.1%
  • No

Votes: 7 13.5%
  • they are too useless to get it right even if it was on, so no

Votes: 20 38.5%

• Total voters

jbb/james

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
lots of people talk of this.i thought it might be good to just get an idea of what people really think. Answer honestly, it would be interesting to see what we think. Dont mix it up with incompetence, thats different.

I want to believe not, but its amazing how the rub of the green can go with some teams for a whole season.

Also after i have called half the forum bi polar in another thread, please feel free to come back tomorrow and vote the opposite

Its not to achieve the perfect model 'for fun'. They are bias to various teams in order to maximise the growth, revenue and evenness of the game. They are in serious competition with the AFL and soccer. This is reflected in the way they conduct their affairs. They want their product to be the most exciting and riveting one available to watch, even if it means having their refs give away penalties and making decisions at times which make no sense.

Last edited:
Like LE (above)...I think 'for fun' isn't the best way to describe what you're trying to ask. But you're asking it so I dunno!

Also the nrl stole the 'o' from your word 'competition' so they are definitely up to something!

:)

The Salary Cap rorts are whats skewing the Competition.:mad:

Just today, Massoud has questioned the TPA of the Rorters who have Gyngell on their Board, but Nein(Gyngell was the Chairman) has TPA's with all their stars. 2013 SBW, Hargraves, RTS, Mini....
CeHJ_FuXIAAFNEt.jpg

The Parra non-action by the NRL is also an indictment on their oversight duties.

Last edited:
Cast your minds back to 2013, it was ALL about the Bunnies & the Burgess boys, everything led to a Rabbids win until......Manly upset the apple cart.

So with that in mind we move to 2014, and everything through the year went the Bunnies way and finally, after all those years the " pride of the league " got their moment in the sun ( to be fair they were the best side BUT everything went their way in games and the judiciary all year).

So now we are in 2015, and after all the disasters and unfair decisions against the " Boys" over the years it was their turn to get the run of the green, mind you those dastardly Donkeys almost stole the show, and besides their future immortal had one thing missing from the resume. Again no doubt they had a good side , but all the wrongs were swept away to ensure they made it to the big dance.

And now in 2016 they desperately want to see Parramatta win, it's been 30 years and many wooden spoons and now they have new foes in GWS and Wanderers making big inroads, and so how can we fix that ........give them every opportunity to play in the big one , push aside cap Rorts , make sure they get the rub of the green in tight games, you know the drum.

If the Slime were to win in 2016, the gains in western Sydney would be huge, so do t you worry, they'll do all they can to get them there!!

This is all said with my Tin Foil Hat on, and is a bit " tongue in cheek", but I'll tell you it may not be far from the truth!!

Cast your minds back to 2013, it was ALL about the Bunnies & the Burgess boys, everything led to a Rabbids win until......Manly upset the apple cart.

So with that in mind we move to 2014, and everything through the year went the Bunnies way and finally, after all those years the " pride of the league " got their moment in the sun ( to be fair they were the best side BUT everything went their way in games and the judiciary all year).

So now we are in 2015, and after all the disasters and unfair decisions against the " Boys" over the years it was their turn to get the run of the green, mind you those dastardly Donkeys almost stole the show, and besides their future immortal had one thing missing from the resume. Again no doubt they had a good side , but all the wrongs were swept away to ensure they made it to the big dance.

And now in 2016 they desperately want to see Parramatta win, it's been 30 years and many wooden spoons and now they have new foes in GWS and Wanderers making big inroads, and so how can we fix that ........give them every opportunity to play in the big one , push aside cap Rorts , make sure they get the rub of the green in tight games, you know the drum.

If the Slime were to win in 2016, the gains in western Sydney would be huge, so do t you worry, they'll do all they can to get them there!!

This is all said with my Tin Foil Hat on, and is a bit " tongue in cheek", but I'll tell you it may not be far from the truth!!

now don't be coy Mark from Bris, I'm with you on this, the NRL are totally **** scared of losing crowds to AweFL and sucker ... where there is $$$$millions at stake I trust no one to be fair & impartial ....

They want to suffocate the Manly Sea Eagles with poor crowds so they can buy out the licence for an expansion team.
Hence all the Monday nights.
5600 people last night would not have paid the damn caterer on the day.
NYEagle

Its not for fun but it is obvious that they do manipulate some thing to try and get bigger crowds and members in the areas they think add value.

Is it wrong? Yes and no. Yes on a level playing field but No on the growing the game.

If souffs hit 100K members we are still likely to increase on the back of that as well albeit at a much slower rate.

Here is one thing I don't get.....

The Speels play in the winter. The Wanderers play in the summer. Its not like they are competing for the same fans week in, week out and when the NRL and A-League seasons overlap its only for a few weeks at best.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6