The dissection of todays team - sell or keep

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Here’s mine with replacements. Were not that far away imo.

Garrick - keep for a wing spot - Tom in of course
Taufua - sell after this year. Hoppa in
Parker - keep
Suli - keep - he showed last year what he’s capable of. How quickly do some forget. He’s also a guy that needs games together to reach form.
Funa - keep as depth for now. Too early to judge him - Garrick in or spend some $$$ on Saab etc
Croker - sell as a half. He should only be considered in the utility hooker role to cover Levi. Walker in but I’m not totally sold on Walker at 6, maybe this schuster needs a look and Walker back in the centers after 2020
DCE - keep
Marty - keep
Levi - sell - Fainu in after 2020
AFB - keep
Thommo - sell - spend some $$$ here
Siro - keep
Jake - keep

bench
Cust - keep but only as halves depth. Still too early to make a call on him and despite his energy seems erratic which can stifle sets.hell get his shot to prove himself over the coming weeks. I’d have Croker at 14. I think he goes good as the sub 9. Tackles well and has good service. He honestly could even push Levi for the starting 9.
Paseka - on the verge of sell here. Boyle or Shipley to get a shot
Jetski - sell or keep as depth Player only. He shouldn’t be on the bench - Waddell in for him.
Keppie - keep

cheers

Funny, just goes to show how much I know then. I thought he was one of our best on sunday.
Not saying you dont know much if you thought Taufua was good, but he’s too slow. I know Ponga’s step is great but Taufua is just one of those slow blokes on a Ponga highlight reel who gets beaten extremely easily. He makes tough carries which i love from him but theres plenty of wingers out there who have much more to their play than just tough carries and finishing. All the best are incredibly fast, great under the high ball or both. Unfortunately for Jorge, he has neither of those attributes, and pace is just becoming more and more important in the modern game.

Not saying you dont know much if you thought Taufua was good, but he’s too slow. I know Ponga’s step is great but Taufua is just one of those slow blokes on a Ponga highlight reel who gets beaten extremely easily. He makes tough carries which i love from him but theres plenty of wingers out there who have much more to their play than just tough carries and finishing. All the best are incredibly fast, great under the high ball or both. Unfortunately for Jorge, he has neither of those attributes, and pace is just becoming more and more important in the modern game.
Fair enough mate but he was still one of our best and honestly I would not swap him for any winger on the same money...and cost/value is a HUGE factor when it comes to a team that is cap scrutinised like no other and have very little TPA money available.

How many high balls did he take with no problem on sunday, 4 or 5?

Agree. Jorge ran it hard. Tried to break tackles and run through the line.
Thing is, that is all Jorge can do, he can't outleap anyone, can't outrun anyone, he certainly can't turn and chase, has a few problems with bombs and does get caught out of position a lot.
Basically Jorge is good in our 20m zone and in the opposition 20m.

My thoughts on those who have been suggested to move on:
1. Garrick - good player, just not a fullback, keep
2. Funa - early signs look good in my opinion, keep
3. Jorge - maybe time to move on, but that's a tough call, I'd let him go to ESL for a pay day
4. Croker - sell
5. Levi - sell
6. Cust - not quite sure, leaning toward sell but as he's still young I'm a bit worried we could regret it like we did with Gutho and Api

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2