The day the music died .....

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Canteen Worker

First Grader
I am old enough to remember the day that Ken Arthurson let Bob Fulton go. I was sick for months. Bob Fulton was Manly. Without him we more than often lost. Him going to the Roosters after two dark years was the darkest day in our club's history. 1977 was like a pall of gloom.

Funnily enough, we won the comp two years later with the youngsters in the club stepping up and showing guts, rarely seen in other clubs. What we lost in Fulton, we picked up in others.

The lesson I learnt is that no few players are bigger than any club or irreplaceable. If Melbourne can replace Folau, Inglis and Co, surely Manly can bounce back from the loss of some very good players. I am sad that DCE and maybe Foran are gone but good management and prudent work in a club can counter this. We may not find it easy to replace these stars but never write Manly off. We have a culture and a record that Is the envy of the league.

I am old enough to remember the day that Ken Arthurson let Bob Fulton go. I was sick for months. Bob Fulton was Manly. Without him we more than often lost. Him going to the Roosters after two dark years was the darkest day in our club's history. 1977 was like a pall of gloom.

Funnily enough, we won the comp two years later with the youngsters in the club stepping up and showing guts, rarely seen in other clubs. What we lost in Fulton, we picked up in others.

The lesson I learnt is that no few players are bigger than any club or irreplaceable. If Melbourne can replace Folau, Inglis and Co, surely Manly can bounce back from the loss of some very good players. I am sad that DCE and maybe Foran are gone but good management and prudent work in a club can counter this. We may not find it easy to replace these stars but never write Manly off. We have a culture and a record that Is the envy of the league.
I like your optimism CW but I'm not concerned about us finding a few more good players, it's finding another Arthurson that's bothering me.

The thing that really pisses me off, is I have to spend the next four years death riding Parramatta and Foran; nothing would irk me more than seeing those two on a podium on Grand Final day. I've got to worry about Manly AND Parramatta now.

The thing that really pisses me off, is I have to spend the next four years death riding Parramatta and Foran; nothing would irk me more than seeing those two on a podium on Grand Final day. I've got to worry about Manly AND Parramatta now.

How will watching Australia (DCE?) vs NZ (Foran) be?

How will watching Australia (DCE?) vs NZ (Foran) be?
You're assuming both kick on and hold their spots. DCE has Ben Hunt to contend with and Foz may have challengers too. They've looked good as part of the best back line in the game but the Tits and Eels won't be giving them that same luxury.

I feel for DCE......he joined the Titans because the new Manly board offered him less than the previous board. They offered him what they thought he was worth. Poor DCE thinks he's better than that & worth letting other players go to accommodate him. I'm feeling the pain he's going thru. He sounded so devastated in the interview.....my heart goes out to him...........NOT!!!

I feel for DCE......he joined the Titans because the new Manly board offered him less than the previous board. They offered him what they thought he was worth. Poor DCE thinks he's better than that & worth letting other players go to accommodate him. I'm feeling the pain he's going thru. He sounded so devastated in the interview.....my heart goes out to him...........NOT!!!

As mentioned Arko advised Bozo to take Packers money. Bozo was at the end of his career and it did allow some new blood to come in and 78 was a memorable year.

This is a different situation totally. We have open revolution with a total failure at the club from senior management down to the playing group.

It is truly time to get our club back and re-build it.

DCE and Foz have shown their true colours. So sad cause without out club they were NOTHING!

Well Chez at least was only looking at the bottom line.
After being bullied by Choc and his mates for a year and having Manly's original offer downgraded when Board Control changed, he had no reason to stay #StrongerTogether @:cool:

Diva Foz demanded that Manly hire Joey to better his game, wanted to play only with his aging mates, play under a rookie Coach of his choosing by requesting his current successful Coach be replaced, and let his mate Chez be bullied. Hardly Captain material at Manly :punch:

DCE claims to have "agreed" to terms. If you accept terms and there is nothing left to negotiate you have a binding a contract. That is the law.

He is confusing this with liking the deal put forward by the old Manly board but having his manager say hold off for a bit while I try and wring a few more dollars from others before we accept. He is too dumb to keep pushing this angle because the basics of contracts are offer and acceptance - you have a binding contract at the point your acceptance is communicated to the offeror. The fact he never "accepted" means everything here. Do that and the deal is done and we move on.

Obviously the Penns and JK feel he is worth less than what that deal was but it still took him and Orr 5 months to work that out.

Daly, you are as thick as pig **** - don't try to play smart on camera mate...

This great club has seen players come and go. DCE $ Forran represent a minimal % of our proud history. Just want them to go and let us get on with continuing to best club ever !

Losing our 'golden ticket' is hard to take. This season is going to hurt. Either what could have been or what should have been.

This doesn't look good for Toovey I have to say. The odds must be long on him coaching next season. In the inevitable blame game the coach often takes the bullet.

Yeah. Good point but ....... that was with the great Arko in control then. He was the best of the best. Arko would never have let Manly become such a shambles or the absolute sorry joke that we have become now. I have zero confidence in the current clowns running the joint being able to create a turn around plan. They have no ****en clue. It almost seems like they are deliberately trying to **** things up. They couldn't be doing a worst job if they tried.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6