The Club

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Kiwi Eagle

Staff member
New Behind the Scenes Manly show starting up on TV over here next monday, half an hour each week. A mate saw an ad for it and said filming begun around the time Matai got suspended

Now, there are a couple of reasons for me putting this on here

I will watch and give a little report on each episode if people are interested. Secondly if I see it on here it will be a better reminder for me on Monday as I am likely to forget it !!! So if anyone see's or reads this on Monday bump it to the top

I aim to record all of these onto a tape (have been meaning to get a DVD recorder for years but never have !!), and once the series is over I can make another copy and send it over to someone if interested and they may be able to make some DVDs of it for people on the forum (that is if the club has no plans to make a DVD of it of course).

So hopefully I remember each Monday night !!

It would be worth the club hosting this online for members (if the website is capable...)

Considering the clubs online strategy so far it would not surprise me....

lamepost.jpg

Piratebay!

Jerry, there is a sub forum for introductions if you would like to put the picture of yourself in there rather than this topic

Friday, 23 July 2010, 6:05 pm
Press Release: Maori Television Service
Step Inside The Lair Of The Manly Sea Eagles – On Maori Television!
The NRL season as it has never been seen before! Follow the mighty Manly Sea Eagles as they invite viewers behind-the-scenes of their 2010 campaign in a dramatic new television series. THE CLUB screens on Maori Television from Monday July 26 at 8.00 PM.
Kiwi supercoach Graham Lowe left highly successful NRL club the Manly Warringah Sea Eagles 20 years ago, after he suffered a massive brain haemorrhage. This year he returned as CEO, to finish what he started.
Tune in as the old campaigner and his illustrious team fight their way to the top, to claim rugby league’s ultimate prize – a grand final win! When Lowe left his role as club coach, his dream of winning a premiership was in tatters. Flash-forward to the present day and the club’s board is in disarray, in spite of recent championship success. Signing on to a one-year deal, Lowe is clear about his mission - unite the board and win the NRL competition for 2010.
Joining him on his journey are Kiwi international players Steve Matai and Joe Galuvao, rising star Kieran Foran and the NRL’s toughest coach, Des Hasler.
“Manly is a very successful sports club, and this is a unique opportunity for rugby league followers to get an inside view of what goes on at that elite level,” says Maori Television’s general manager of programmes Haunui Royal. On-field and off-field drama unfolds in the ultimate reality series on the industry and the heroes of rugby league. Meet some of the staunchest supporters in the NRL as the series pays homage to those who drive the game – the fans!
In Episode One: THE CLUB kicks off as the Sea Eagles ride high on the points ladder. Will Lowe, coach Hasler and the players be able to keep up the momentum? Lowe relives the near death experience that sent him packing from Manly back in 1992; and viewers are shown the inner workings of the NRL judiciary, when a reckless tackle sees Steve Matai facing a lengthy ban.
Tune in for an “access all areas” pass to the hopes and dreams, highs and lows of elite sport in THE CLUB, premiering on Maori Television on Monday July 26 at 8.00 PM.

I would like to watch one of these should be a good program. Would be great if there was something for us Aussies and especially those on the beaches

My Kiwi mate sends me DVD's of the lastest Outrageous Fortune series...if it's as entertaining as that, then I'd love to see the episodes KE. Matai would play a good Munter i think?

These shows would be gobbled up if offered for sale to members, maybe there are NRL restrictions on local viewing - connected with existing tv deals?? (KE if you are getting some by bootleg means put me on your mailing list lol)

LOL I don't watch Outrageous Fortune mate, never had the time to sit down and have a look at it, a lot rave about it over here though !!

SeaEagleRock8 link said:
These shows would be gobbled up if offered for sale to members, maybe there are NRL restrictions on local viewing - connected with existing tv deals?? (KE if you are getting some by bootleg means put me on your mailing list lol)

If the club don't a DVD or something out, which they would be mad not too, then I will certainly looking at getting together with another forum member and sorting something out. I will have all of them recorded, memory permitting haha

Kiwi Eagle link said:
LOL I don't watch Outrageous Fortune mate, never had the time to sit down and have a look at it, a lot rave about it over here though !!

Its a great show Kiwi, we watch it as quickly as we can access it each week.

We are heading over your way to East Bondi in 3 weeks and am looking forward to watching it on NZ TV.

Thats a sad highlight of a holiday hey :)

Kiwi Eagle link said:
[quote author=SeaEagleRock8 link=topic=184198.msg277822#msg277822 date=1279877125]

If the club don't a DVD or something out, which they would be mad not too, then I will certainly looking at getting together with another forum member and sorting something out. I will have all of them recorded, memory permitting haha
[/quote]

I spoke to the club about us getting this on MWTV and was told that it's owned by the station it's being broadcast on so we're currently looking into it to see whether we can get access to it to be able to air it over here.  There's a fair bit of negotiation involved but hopefully it goes to plan and we're able to air it here.

You would think that as part of the negotiation process to allow the camera's in we would have had some clause re MWTV

Kiwi Eagle link said:
[quote author=SeaEagleRock8 link=topic=184198.msg277822#msg277822 date=1279877125]

[/quote]
Kiwi, can you tack on a few episodes of Maori dubbed Mr Ed just to complete the package...my mates cracked up when I told them about it...

Cheers Vid, let me know of the outcome mate

LOL Manlyborn, it isn't playing at the moment but if it does come on again I will be sure to get 1 of them.

might be able to watch it online at maori tv website?
they have vids of most of there ather shows.
i watched on there yesterday the meeting between maori tv & the sea eagles players & staff, it also showed the 2009 highlights.

check it out if you havent seen it

brookie link said:
might be able to watch it online at maori tv website?
they have vids of most of there ather shows.
i watched on there yesterday the meeting between maori tv & the sea eagles players & staff, it also showed the 2009 highlights.

check it out if you havent seen it

Can you link it mate?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8