The Bush fires ....and floods

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
All this State stuff is bull****e, it’s an excuse to apportion blame. We had rivers pumped dry in drought conditions for private water storage. “State issue”. The Eastern States are Fire ravaged. “State issue”. Just remember Scumo is employed by us, ultimately he’s the CEO, the CEO has failed. Simples.
No, he hasn't failed. The fact is the system is flawed as he can only act within the guidelines/boundaries set by the Australian Constitution.

The Government was warned 12months ago about the possibility of catastrophic weather events, but chose to ignore advice. Fires do not follow State border lines. This LNP Government wants to rule us as a dictatorship, but when they are needed the most, refuse to step up. Just my opinion, they’re like arseholes, everyone’s got one.

Oh you have got to be fu@@in kidding me!!
Nope. I'm not kidding you. It doesn't matter which political party was in power. They (the PM and the Federal Government) can only act within the guidelines/boundaries set by the Australian Constitution. Blame the individual Governments of the Australian States and Territories when it was written and blame Queen Victoria as she is the one who signed off on the thing.

Nope. I'm not kidding you. It doesn't matter which political party was in power. They (the PM and the Federal Government) can only act within the guidelines/boundaries set by the Australian Constitution. Blame the individual Governments of the Australian States and Territories when it was written and blame Queen Victoria as she is the one who signed off on the thing.
That’s actually not the case.

**** the blame game , sick of all the negative **** that I’m reading everywhere.

Let’s however praise those amazing firefighters ( apart from the few that are lighting them to get their kicks) it’s them that’s doing an incredible job.

They all deserve Australian of the Year awards, absolute heroes!!

Choking smoke here at present blown from South coast by the southerly. Luckily my locale was spared from fire after being on high alert all day.

Re the scale of what is happening here, just saw this snippet on abc.net.au/news which frankly surprised me:
'"international media outlets have been reporting the 2018 California fires burnt 2 million acres; the 2019 Amazon fires 2.2 million; and the 2019 Siberian fires 6.7 million.
So far Australia's 2019/20 fires have burnt 12 million acres."

The most annoying thing about this for mine is that all the people whose knickers are in a knot are using these fires as an opportunity to dogpile on ScoMo despite these fires being on way too big a scale for us to have any chance of extinguishing them. The RFS could be a hundred times bigger and half of these fires would still be too big to put out.

And where is the anger against the pricks lighting these things? Something like 83% of them are deliberately lit.
Whilst there are deliberately lit fires, those are usually controlled quickly as they are near inhabited areas

Most of these catastrophic fires are being caused by dry lightning and the strong winds spreading those embers up to 2km away ;)

The firefighter who died was killed by the firestorm created wind that lifted a 10 tonne truck with 4 men and equipment in it !

ccdb2cb55d8b0a042a170a41d94a1db6

These pyrocumulus clouds are everywhere there is uncontrolled fires and are sadly generating more fires and stopping the use of water bombing aircraft

But global warming has resulted in Canberra recording its highest ever temperature at 44c and yesterday Penrith was the hottest spot on the whole planet at 48.9c :eek:

Meanwhile we need this drought to end and governments to build more dams to stave off the next El Nino that comes like clock work :wait:

images

Last edited:
The most annoying thing about this for mine is that all the people whose knickers are in a knot are using these fires as an opportunity to dogpile on ScoMo despite these fires being on way too big a scale for us to have any chance of extinguishing them. The RFS could be a hundred times bigger and half of these fires would still be too big to put out.

15-20 years of fuel load buildup will do that

That Penrith temp record is a bit fuzzy as the weather bureau has only been recording temps for there since the mid 1990s and before that no one really treated Penrith as being part of Sydney. Anyone who lived or visited west of Parramatta in summer before the mid 1990s can tell you there have been very many stinking hot days out there beyond Blacktown and Penrith.

15-20 years of fuel load buildup will do that

Seems to me that the preferred defence has moved away from doing winter fuel reducing, to instead just waiting to deal with putting out fires when they come close to property by targeted back burning ahead of the fire line. That's cheaper and won't upset the greenies or inner city twitterers. Problem is that method has all gone screwy as we have a very hot summer on top of a drought and it has resulted in fires so heavily fueled and intense that they can't be controlled by a targeted back burn.

** the blame game , sick of all the negative ** that I’m reading everywhere.

Let’s however praise those amazing firefighters ( apart from the few that are lighting them to get their kicks) it’s them that’s doing an incredible job.

They all deserve Australian of the Year awards, absolute heroes!!
Agreed... the blame game in this situation is doing absolutely nothing besides fuelling mass hysteria. Gretel Killeen went on a rant last night that was absolutely cringe worthy. Bravo to the RFS... amazing courage and sacrifice for the people of Australia.

So what you are sayin is let’s put this in the too hard basket! Let it burn, f$&k the RFS. Let people houses burn, their farms their animals, wait until the fires burn out leave it to the very last moment to protect infrastructure like the snowy mountains hydro that provides power for Nsw and vic.

A lot more should have been done weeks ago particularly fire bombing aircraft.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4