The Bush fires ....and floods

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Being kept up to date with evacuation advice ... the mid North Coast fires around Coff's Harbour and surrounds are of biblical proportions .... will be a tragic day for many ......

No photo description available.

I was caravanning last weekend out in the Scenic Rim ( near Rathdowney for anyone that knows QLD) we were supposed to be there for a week.

There’s a lovely river ( now barely a creek) running beside the campground and it’s always pretty lush and green, however as expected it was very dry and not a green grass in sight.

We arrived Friday and woke up to a smokey haze on Saturday , which got worse on Sunday ( smoke coming up from NSW).

On Monday morning got a knock on the caravan door at 5am with the campground owner saying “ there’s a big fire at Boonah you need to get out now”.

We obviously packed up quickly and by about 630am where heading back home.

I’ve just been watching the morning news and whilst they love the drama it looks very much like a really bad day in Sydney and the Blue Mountains.

Stay safe everyone.
Boonah is a name I remember from my youth. We had friends that had a farm near Silverdale and we used to go to the Boonah sales to buy calves. I remember going to the sales just watching the cows being sold and trying to work out what the auctioneer was saying.

I'm out bush on an acreage, surrounded by over another million acres thankfully it's mostly grazing or grain farms.
The threat of bush fires is still real as an offshoot of the great dividing range backs most of our properties.
But the biggest danger are grass fires as it's so dry out here and the wind is constantly howling non stop.

Im on the CCoast on a bit of land, backing onto bush.

Today was hot, medium winds around lunch, now fairly warm with a miniscule breeze.

Where are all these catastrophic conditions we in the Sydney and CC regions were warned about ?

Today was hot, medium winds around lunch, now fairly warm with a miniscule breeze.

Where are all these catastrophic conditions we in the Sydney and CC regions were warned about ?
We are getting gusts up to 60kmh here, and it’s dry as hell... this will play havoc with any bush fires..

Southerly is due between 8-9pm and that is the potential catastrophic point

85 fires of which 42 are uncontrolled just in NSW

We are getting gusts up to 60kmh here, and it’s dry as hell... this will play havoc with any bush fires..

Of course it will, if we actually had any bushfires in the region for the weather to play havoc with.

Sydney predictions = rubbish
CC predictions = rubbish

People make decisions based on expert predictions, and these people making expert predictions clearly have over-sensationalised the risk in Sydney and the CC.

Pete Overton on Ch9 last night was basically creaming himself to let us know how bad it would be in Sydney today.

Any wonder people get sceptical re: climate change, if these people cannot accurately predict, without the hyperbole, what will happen tomorrow....how can they lecture us on what will happen in 20, 30, 100 years time.

Of course it will, if we actually had any bushfires in the region for the weather to play havoc with.

CC predictions = rubbish

People make decisions based on expert predictions, and these people making expert predictions clearly have over-sensationalised the risk in Sydney and the CC.

Pete Overton on Ch9 last night was basically creaming himself to let us know how bad it would be in Sydney today.

Any wonder people get sceptical re: climate change, if these people cannot accurately predict, without the hyperbole, what will happen tomorrow....how can they lecture us on what will happen in 20, 30, 100 years time.
Just because you're not seeing it in your area doesn't mean it isn't real. There are real fires out there that are uncontrollable with the worst yet to come. People are losing their entire lives and you're saying it's not as bad.
If everyone out there had the same approach as you then it's likely they wouldn't make it. Just be thankful that you're not the one stuck in those fires with everything to lose.

I have friends and friends of friends that have been evacuated by the Mt Nardi fire threat staying with me near Broken Head

Just because you're not seeing it in your area doesn't mean it isn't real. There are real fires out there that are uncontrollable with the worst yet to come. People are losing their entire lives and you're saying it's not as bad.
If everyone out there had the same approach as you then it's likely they wouldn't make it. Just be thankful that you're not the one stuck in those fires with everything to lose.

Im talking about specifically the Sydney and CC region.

Maybe its gone. Its been showing on the Fires near Me app within the last hour, now not there. Possible some errors in reporting because things happening so fast. There was a report of one this afternoon at Springwood but also quickly removed.

Well ... from a personal perspective due to the fact I live 100m from the beach .... the wind change last night has removed any current threat from my area ....... however unless it burns it's self back onto itself ..... it may simply move the danger to some other poor sods .....

CC predictions = rubbish

The conditions are unprecedented therefore the precautionary principle is always the best action to take. I don't see the connection regarding skepticism about climate change .... but then I am a retired scientist .... Simplistically ... Global Warming is part of the climate cycle as is global cooling that leads to Ice Ages .... but in this cycle mans actions that produce vast amounts of additional ozone depleting green house gas emissions is escalating the warming at a faster & likely irreversible rate .... no ozone = no life on earth

Last edited:
Well ... from a personal perspective due to the fact I live 100m from the beach .... the wind change last night has removed any current threat from my area ....... however unless it burns it's self back onto itself ..... it may simply move the danger to some other poor sods .....
Good to hear the good news in your area .
Emergency Services are doing it tough with no wet weather forecast .
100m from the beach sounds like a great place to live

CC predictions = rubbish

Yeah... Everybody was told to get off the Blue Mountains because the fire was going to be unprecedented. So, I rang the local station and asked them where the fire presently was, only to be told there wasn’t one.

The tv played fire stories all day on the abc and one news reporter had the audacity to compare yesterday with the black Saturday fires in Victoria. You know, the deadly wall of flame which killed 173 people and razed entire townships to the ground while destroying 4000 odd buildings.

The fires are real, the fires have brought some terrible circumstances to some families, and I pray no one else is hurt or loses their homes. But yesterday was hyped as Armageddon up here, and all that did was draw thieves into the area unfortunately.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4