The Bush fires ....and floods

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I guess the fireys could use another hand on the hoses. Can he hold a hose ?

You correctly accuse the bloke of sending his thoughts and prayers rubbish and posing for the camera, but what is he going to literally do, other that that ?.

Announce another committee ?
Announce another commission ?

That's not going to help people on the ground today, tomorrow, in a month from now.
Leaders lead by being the liaison between the troops and the public and organizing the funds to supply the troops on the ground. RFS is sourcing funds on the internet for masks FFS :wait:

Gladys is front and center for the NSW fires and ScoMo is praying for us from Hawaii :swear:

Leaders lead by being the liaison between the troops and the public and organizing the funds to supply the troops on the ground. RFS is sourcing funds on the internet for masks FFS :wait:

Gladys is front and center for the NSW fires and ScoMo is praying for us from Hawaii :swear:

If ScoMo was ever going to hit the button on increasing the $ funding to the RFS, Im quite sure he could do it from Hawaii.

Im even more sure, that he would do it, like any pollie, with 100 cameras and microphones in his face at the time, to maximise the exposure.

Gladys is making zero difference to fires burning by getting her head on TV talking about fires.

If ScoMo was ever going to hit the button on increasing the $ funding to the RFS, Im quite sure he could do it from Hawaii.

Im even more sure, that he would do it, like any pollie, with 100 cameras and microphones in his face at the time, to maximise the exposure.

Gladys is making zero difference to fires burning by getting her head on TV talking about fires.
Someone told me this arvo that declaring a state of emergency means they army can now get more involved in fighting the fire,they've been providing some ancillary logistical support only up till now. (Not sure if that's true)

1576804133356.png

I just read that 2 firefighters died today. That's just tragic. Damn I wish those fires would get hit with rain, or something. Gone on far too long despite the amazing efforts of the firefighters involved.

fyi..its snowing here. crazy.

I just read that 2 firefighters died today. That's just tragic. Damn I wish those fires would get hit with rain, or something. Gone on far too long despite the amazing efforts of the firefighters involved.

fyi..its snowing here. crazy.
Those volunteer firefighters are truly amazing. How they can fight the infernos for months now us beyond me :angel:

Sadly the conditions are still worsening and Saturday is catastrophic in Sydney :eek:

Someone told me this arvo that declaring a state of emergency means they army can now get more involved in fighting the fire,they've been providing some ancillary logistical support only up till now. (Not sure if that's true)

Not sure about that side of things, from our point of view (ambos) the main thing is it extends the powers of officers above a certain rank to direct people to leave an area. I’m guessing the same applies to firies - with police already having those powers anyway.

TBH there are only small pockets of the defence force with firefighting training anyway, so the logistical support is actually the best thing for them to be taking care of. That, and you’ll have helos etc being used for evacuations, like we see with floods.

I remember the SES didn't mind the odd 'state of emergency' being implemented as they could go to the local hardware store and basically clean it out, and not worry about budget restrictions. - that's what they told me anyway. They didn't like the emergency itself though(obv), usually it was floods that got one called.

Trying to put boy's trampoline on our dirt yard, or course it starts raining and finished it in the mud, fml can't win haha. Hasn't rained for months! Not complaining though, well welcomed the rain

It's rained for the past hour and a half where I am tonight on the Gold Coast.
Beautiful, beautiful rain.
Hopefully the creek will flow and some birds will be back.
Thanks Santa.

Got about 5 mins of rain this evening in Cromer - just enough to settle the dust

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6