The Bush fires ....and floods

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Lets all pray for some rain relief ....

NSW fires LIVE updates: RFS continues to fight blazes across state, 'more than 300 homes' destroyed

So, how are the bush-fires going?

Goodbye warmth

ETJUiPj.jpg

6 minutes of rain this week in Gods Country o_O

Fires from Blue Mountains to Noosa Hinterland with 4 lives and 300 houses lost and half a dozen fwits caught lighting fires :mad:

They (the arsionists), should have all their belongings torched ... then get thrown in gaol for the max ... which is 25 years if its a fatal fire

The conditions are unprecedented therefore the precautionary principle is always the best action to take. I don't see the connection regarding skepticism about climate change .... but then I am a retired scientist .... Simplistically ... Global Warming is part of the climate cycle as is global cooling that leads to Ice Ages .... but in this cycle mans actions that produce vast amounts of additional ozone depleting green house gas emissions is escalating the warming at a faster & likely irreversible rate .... no ozone = no life on earth
The good news on the Ozone layer...

Aust. Govt: "Every four years, the World Meteorological Organisation and the United Nations Environment Programme review the state of the ozone layer. These reviews show that the abundance of ozone depleting chemicals in the atmosphere is now declining and the ozone layer is expected to recover to pre-1980 levels over the mid-latitudes by 2050 and over the Antarctic by 2065."

Link: Department of the Environment and Energy

NASA: HOLE IN EARTH'S OZONE LAYER FINALLY CLOSING UP BECAUSE HUMANS DID SOMETHING ABOUT IT

Link: NASA study found that the hole in Earth's ozone layer is closing up due to a decline in the chemicals causing it

Aust. Govt: "Every four years, the World Meteorological Organisation and the United Nations Environment Programme review the state of the ozone layer. These reviews show that the abundance of ozone depleting chemicals in the atmosphere is now declining and the ozone layer is expected to recover to pre-1980 levels over the mid-latitudes by 2050 and over the Antarctic by 2065."

NASA: HOLE IN EARTH'S OZONE LAYER FINALLY CLOSING UP BECAUSE HUMANS DID SOMETHING ABOUT IT

Link: NASA study found that the hole in Earth's ozone layer is closing up due to a decline in the chemicals causing it
it was looking promising when the last results were issues in 2014, 2018 results are yet to be released hopefully the decline of ODS continues

Sweet, that means I could go back to sunbaking nude, but I'll be 98 in 2050.

Just north of Toowoomba is burning but they had cricket ball sized hail over on the Sunshine Coast this arvo, the world's gone mad!

Just north of Toowoomba is burning but they had cricket ball sized hail over on the Sunshine Coast this arvo, the world's gone mad!
I’m filthy. Watching the radar, and we had heavy thunder storms just north and one now that is hitting the Tweed. Happy that some are getting a bit of rain. But c’mon, stop sidestepping my joint.:mad:

Last edited:
wtf.

I wake up (yay) and read that everything is still burning but as a bonus there's hail? How the hell does that happen? (Don't answer if you're Israel Folau).

The fire should melt the hail so it's not as big! (yup, that's how it works).

wtf.

I wake up (yay) and read that everything is still burning but as a bonus there's hail? How the hell does that happen? (Don't answer if you're Israel Folau).

The fire should melt the hail so it's not as big! (yup, that's how it works).
Izzy says the bushfires are God's punishment for abortion and same sex marriage.
What a self-righteous prick, he's actually getting worse.

Mount Kaputar National park near Narrabri has been blazing for 3 days here, I'm about 80k's away and can hardly see the tree line at the back of my place the smoke has filled the valley.
You can just see the tree line which is my boundary line, what you can't see is the F-off mountains of the great dividing range right above it.
And yes, it bloody dry out here.

Attachments

• IMG_20191118_090919.jpg
    IMG_20191118_090919.jpg
    299.4 KB · Views: 17

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4