The Back 5 Metre eaters...

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Evo

Capt Goodvibe
Total Metres vs NQ:

Brett Stewart 122
Jorge Taufua 200
Peter Hiku 131
Steve Matai 144
David Williams 138

TOTAL 735m

Cowboys only made 1100 in total.

Brilliant effort by the back 5, best running display I've seen in a good while. Hiku looks a terriffic prospect on his feet.

How and the hell they picked Mcmanus over Jorge has got me stuffed, I know who Darius Boyd would prefer to be marking.

...And Richies leg speed looked awesome, bet he's glad to out of Donny's clutches!!

Wolfie has really gone up a few gears last couple of weeks. Jorge has been the best winger in the comp this year. We need to sign Jorge to a long term deal before a desperate team like Parra offer him 1 million a season!!

Matai's work out of dummy half was top shelf again last night.

It was great but it was Parra and a very understrength Cowgirls. I'll start throwing streamers when its a top 4 team we do a job on.

mickqld said:
It was great but it was Parra and a very understrength Cowgirls. I'll start throwing streamers when its a top 4 team we do a job on.

True. We were behind at the 44-minute mark.
The pleasing aspect is that our backs are getting more of a chance, and we are scoring more long-distance tries like in the good-old days.

the mauler said:
Wolfie has really gone up a few gears last couple of weeks. Jorge has been the best winger in the comp this year. We need to sign Jorge to a long term deal before a desperate team like Parra offer him 1 million a season!!

Agree 100% about the Wolfman. His form the last few weeks have been like his rookie year. He has really gone up a cog, although IMO he is still making some dud reads in defence, but his ball running has been superb. Keep it up Wolfie!

Masked Eagle said:
the mauler said:

Agree 100% about the Wolfman. His form the last few weeks have been like his rookie year. He has really gone up a cog, although IMO he is still making some dud reads in defence, but his ball running has been superb. Keep it up Wolfie!

And silvertails says 'you're welcome' as I'm sure our tips helped him.

Re: defence, we were lucky in the 58th minute when he came a long way in only to have the ball passed well before he got to the attacker. Thankfully their centre spilled it.

If it keeps happening take it as read that this has been coached. For years people bagged kite's halfback impersonations, but this is what the coach wanted him to do. There must be some stat that shows coming in off the wing is right in some 50/50 circumstances, even though it looks wrong to us.

BOZO said:
Have you got any forward stats Evo ?

Glenn Stewart 82
Justin Horo 82
James Hasson 74
Brent Kite 131
Matt Ballin 47
Brenton Lawrence 62
Jamie Buhrer 102
Richard Fa'aoso 66
Ligi Sao 38
Nick Skinner 39

Kitey by a mile & ferris over 100!

Shoe1 said:
If it keeps happening take it as read that this has been coached. For years people bagged kite's halfback impersonations, but this is what the coach wanted him to do. There must be some stat that shows coming in off the wing is right in some 50/50 circumstances, even though it looks wrong to us.

Nathan Merritt concurs.

Shoe1 said:

I've got no problems with an automatic shut down call, but I doubt Tooves instructions are to come in when you don't have to. Wolfman should have one of the easiest defensive assignments in the game, defending outside arguably the best defensive centre in the game, but some of his decisions he has made should only be made when your inside man is beat. He has come in quite a few times when Killer is still in very good position to make a tackle on his opposite. That sort of defensive play should be a last resort, but he's done it a few times and created opportunities when there shouldn't have been one. I actually think Jorge has a greater understanding, he has been caught out a few times as well, but his errors have been at the end of a chain reaction of poor reads from the inside, not coming in when he shouldn't. He also still puts a good shot on the centre even if he does get a pass away putting that pass under pressure and something in his memory bank for next time. Wolfman has been so late a few times he got there just before the bloke was lining up a shot at goal! (slight exaggeration!)

I might be overly critical of Wolfie, but it is a pet hate of mine.

Evo said:
BOZO said:
Have you got any forward stats Evo ?

Glenn Stewart 82
Justin Horo 82
James Hasson 74
Brent Kite 131
Matt Ballin 47
Brenton Lawrence 62
Jamie Buhrer 102
Richard Fa'aoso 66
Ligi Sao 38
Nick Skinner 39

Kitey by a mile & ferris over 100!
Thank you Evo the Eagle well done

Masked Eagle said:
Shoe1 said:

I've got no problems with an automatic shut down call, but I doubt Tooves instructions are to come in when you don't have to. Wolfman should have one of the easiest defensive assignments in the game, defending outside arguably the best defensive centre in the game, but some of his decisions he has made should only be made when your inside man is beat. He has come in quite a few times when Killer is still in very good position to make a tackle on his opposite. That sort of defensive play should be a last resort, but he's done it a few times and created opportunities when there shouldn't have been one. I actually think Jorge has a greater understanding, he has been caught out a few times as well, but his errors have been at the end of a chain reaction of poor reads from the inside, not coming in when he shouldn't. He also still puts a good shot on the centre even if he does get a pass away putting that pass under pressure and something in his memory bank for next time. Wolfman has been so late a few times he got there just before the bloke was lining up a shot at goal! (slight exaggeration!)

I might be overly critical of Wolfie, but it is a pet hate of mine.

Fair enough

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7