The back 3 & the high ball

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

swoop

Bencher
Tipping Member
Our wingers and fullback last night looked very uncomfortable under the high ball. Lots have been bagging Tafua about it but out of the three he was the pick. Wolfman has always had that issue which was exposed at SOO a few years ago.

Whare got caught out of position a few times under the bomb, was safe enough but didn't look very confident, just aswell the warriors didn't have a very good kick chase.

The back three will be bombarded over the coming weeks. Hopefully with a bit of confidence and Brett back we can overcome it.

Our wingers and fullback last night looked very uncomfortable under the high ball. Lots have been bagging Tafua about it but out of the three he was the pick. Wolfman has always had that issue which was exposed at SOO a few years ago.

Whare got caught out of position a few times under the bomb, was safe enough but didn't look very confident, just aswell the warriors didn't have a very good kick chase.

The back three will be bombarded over the coming weeks. Hopefully with a bit of confidence and Brett back we can overcome it.

Have to agree though some of their kicks had the ball wobbling everywhere

Have to agree though some of their kicks had the ball wobbling everywhere

They just seem to lack confidence in their own ability, id much rather see the ball contested rather then stand and see what happens. Perfect example of that lastnight was vatuvei jumping over wolf and offloading it to brown, if wolf had have contested it anything could have happened.

They just seem to lack confidence in their own ability, id much rather see the ball contested rather then stand and see what happens. Perfect example of that lastnight was vatuvei jumping over wolf and offloading it to brown, if wolf had have contested it anything could have happened.

WAMF said:
Poor old Wolf didn't have his best game last night.

No he didnt, but hes the type of bloke that will come back bigger and stronger, i think its got to do with who you play beside, and id much rather be at the back with snake rather then whare, having brett back will give our boys at the back alot more confidence !

WAMF said:
Poor old Wolf didn't have his best game last night.

No he didnt, but hes the type of bloke that will come back bigger and stronger, i think its got to do with who you play beside, and id much rather be at the back with snake rather then whare, having brett back will give our boys at the back alot more confidence !

Phantar said:
Other than Wolf's dropped bomb, I thought they went ok under the garryowens.

In league I think they are better known as "johnnypeards"

Phantar said:

Chip and Chase said:
Phantar said:

True - but Rex Mossop called Terry Randall's bomb for Tom Mooney to score in the first 78 GF a 'Garryowen' and it's stuck in my mind ever since -

Rex Mossop commentating on Saturday 16/9/78 at the SCG: "Randall, it's a high, high Garryowen. That's a rugby union kick. Mullane's under it, Hartley's there, it's a try, a try to Tom Mooney!"

You'll have to excuse any factual errors in my quote, it was almost 34 years ago.

Chip and Chase said:
Phantar said:

True - but Rex Mossop called Terry Randall's bomb for Tom Mooney to score in the first 78 GF a 'Garryowen' and it's stuck in my mind ever since -

Rex Mossop commentating on Saturday 16/9/78 at the SCG: "Randall, it's a high, high Garryowen. That's a rugby union kick. Mullane's under it, Hartley's there, it's a try, a try to Tom Mooney!"

You'll have to excuse any factual errors in my quote, it was almost 34 years ago.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2