The American RL Thread ...

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Woodsie

Feast yer eyes ..
Tipping Member
Details of the start up of the NARL competition next month were released by Dean Ritchie in the Telly today .. perhaps if @globaleagle can stop rutting long enough he will kindly post it for us ...

Very keen to watch the development (or not) of this comp .. if it provides a career pathway for a million athletes that don't go to college or make a Gridiron team it could get interesting in years to come ..

They include a first round game starting at 11.30 pm at night in Las Vegas and finishing the next day at 1.15 am ...

12 teams to start with 2 Canadian teams joining in 2022 ..

Will split into 2 conferences at some stage ..

Ben Barba appears to have been knocked back .. but .. T-Rex been resurrected from extinction ...

(Q) .. Does anybody know if the Penn's have any ownership in the New York team as was hinted at last year ??

so, in other news...

The governing body for Rugby League in the United States has issued a statement in which it makes clear that the recently announced North American Rugby League (NARL) competition has not yet been approved by it to become an official Rugby League competition.

Former NSW Origin and Australian international star Tony “T-Rex” Williams has signed with the New York Freedom for the North American Rugby League’s inaugural season.
Williams is highest profile signing to date for the fledgling competition, which will begin in June this year.

And this from ritchie but it's a month old

so, in other news...

The governing body for Rugby League in the United States has issued a statement in which it makes clear that the recently announced North American Rugby League (NARL) competition has not yet been approved by it to become an official Rugby League competition.

Former NSW Origin and Australian international star Tony “T-Rex” Williams has signed with the New York Freedom for the North American Rugby League’s inaugural season.
Williams is highest profile signing to date for the fledgling competition, which will begin in June this year.

And this from ritchie but it's a month old

Thanks Global .. it was on page 50 under the heading Midnight Feast as a reference to the 11.30pm start in las vegas game ...

Thanks Global .. it was on page 50 under the heading Midnight Feast as a reference to the 11.30pm start in las vegas game ...

I don't actually pay for the paper. I just get around the blocker when I see a news item (allegedly) - otherwise I'd be able to scroll the digital edition, but

there's ruttin' to be done!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4