The Aftermath & My Diatribe (Rnd 22)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Ramrod

Reserve Grader
Before I carry on, I want to say I'm very proud of the good efforts made by JSL, Snake, Killer, Dragon and Hiku.

1. WHY wasn't there a review on the Chicken Wing during the game? Why didn't the commentators blow up about it when they usually do at any Manly infringements? They deliberately took out one of our best players to nullify our game. For those who wants Skivy to move on to the Warriors, and if he ever does, get use to these kind of results.

2. Souths, you are a dirty bunch of mongrels. Last year, Choc was your target and it was the CROCODILE. This year, Skivy was on fire and became the target for a CHICKEN WING. You don't see them target a lesser bench player with that sort of treatment. They knew what they were doing and who they were going after.

Peter FitzSimmons is still correct: Souths Dirty Tactics

3. Another turning point. Refs giving Souths a penalty for a crusher that wasn't. Phil Gould even blew up about that. WHAT WAS STARLING SUPPOSE TO DO when the guy sticks his head in his chest? Keary seems OK after that, wasn't he? Cheat.

4. Luke Keary is on my detest list. How can he pick on Killer? Killer is the nicest dude ever. It's like Keary has pee pee envy or something.

5. Buhrer... why didn't he bring his first grade game to the park today? The errors were embarrassing. I hope he fixes this quickly before the finals.

6. SCG - I don't know what the rave is. This ground was slippery and hard in the middle. It's not designed for Rugby League.

7. OK. Can we stop playing in this 90s jersey? It's been bad luck.. and blue is NOT our colour.

-

RE: The Aftermath & My Diatribe

How that attempt to reef Matais arm from the rest of his body wasn't made a massive point is beyond me. That was an absolute dog act. I think Burgess is lucky that Matai went off injured. Because I think that would have seen the return of the Skivvy of old and he would have got sent off......and with b**** good reason. That was a disgrace.

Keary would be one of those guys who would go out the backyard and play his younger sister and score 100 points and then go around and gloat about it. He's just a little twerp. Anyone who gets under Killers skin needs a smack on the chops.

Both channel 9 & 7 failed to highlight the CHICKEN WING in the sports news. BIAS is an understatement.
Souths can do no wrong.

Imagined if it was Matai who did exactly the same in that game.
There's a certain amount of rascism against Matai. There's no equality.
Skivy should be grateful we love him at Manly.

The only decent news this weekend is the dogs' implosion.

Over the last few years when Matai has gone off injured our gameplan has gone astray. Even when we have been smashing teams
We become a bit disorganized. Im thinking souths had seen this and planned to take him out early.

Cliffymagic said:
Over the last few years when Matai has gone off injured our gameplan has gone astray. Even when we have been smashing teams
We become a bit disorganized. Im thinking souths had seen this and planned to take him out early.

A bit like Ellery Hanley being taken out for Balmain in the 88 (or was it 89) Grand Final.

He was the major reason they got there, and Terry Lamb " did a job" on him with one of the most blatant head highs ever, and after that Balmain was shot ducks....their main man off the field for the rest of the game.

Personally I think tackles that are designed to seriously injure another player should see the offender benched for some serious time, 8-12 weeks, and double that if a second offender.

So crushers / chicken wings and all the others that are specifically designed to hurt and damage a player so he can lo longer continue......MAXIMUM penalties to apply.

And then lets see how Souths and the Storm go after that!!

Cliffymagic said:

Our very own Snake was taken out of the 2007 grand final.

Mark from Brisbane said:
A bit like Ellery Hanley being taken out for Balmain in the 88 (or was it 89) Grand Final.

He was the major reason they got there, and Terry Lamb " did a job" on him with one of the most blatant head highs ever, and after that Balmain was shot ducks....their main man off the field for the rest of the game.

Personally I think tackles that are designed to seriously injure another player should see the offender benched for some serious time, 8-12 weeks, and double that if a second offender.

So crushers / chicken wings and all the others that are specifically designed to hurt and damage a player so he can lo longer continue......MAXIMUM penalties to apply.

And then lets see how Souths and the Storm go after that!!

The problem is though it's hard for the judiciary to prove that the foul play is intentional and they were specifically trying to hurt and damage a particular player/s. And to add to that the judiciary is weak and won't put anyone away for any significant length of time unless there is a public outcry. We saw this week that most of the penalties handed out to the cited players were a joke and did not fit with their foul play.

Ramrod said:
Cliffymagic said:

Our very own Snake was taken out of the 2007 grand final.

Another grubby Bellamy inspired moment. Just like his vermin protege.

Rodo said:
The problem is though it's hard for the judiciary to prove that the foul play is intentional and they were specifically trying to hurt and damage a particular player/s. And to add to that the judiciary is weak and won't put anyone away for any significant length of time unless there is a public outcry. We saw this week that most of the penalties handed out to the cited players were a joke and did not fit with their foul play.
And add to that the "Referees" are scared to really deal with anyone fittingly on the field. They have been directed by Nein, Fox not to 'send anyone off' for fear of spoiling the contest, the TV event. Merely put them on report and let everyone down slowly.

Reynolds should have been Sent Off. Iluke and Burgess as well.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6