The AFL" weekend off"

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
In an interesting move the AFL dont play this weekend, giving their finals sides a rest before the big games start next week.

As an aside tonight's Storm v Sharks " shootout for the minor Premiership" is the only football game of any kind in Melbourne this weekend.

It's doubtful the NRL would ever do this but you have to say it's an interesting concept.

I thinks it's a risky move. Not only are they giving the NRL a leg up tonight but they also face the top 2 winners next week having another week off before the preliminary finals.

I know a Swans fan who is usually nervous after a week off as the Swans apparently struggle and is not happy about the bye this week...especially if they do win as expected and then face another week off.

I also doubt the NRL would do this. There's a build up to the finals that you just don't want to tamper with.

Hasn't Channel Nein/the NRL given the Donkeys a few extra days rest for their first finals match by scheduling their last round game on Thursday night?
It looks like they will have two more days to recover than their opponents, which ever team that turns out to be.
Gee I hope the Donkeys get knocked out of the finals early.

Although i reckon it'd be an overrated match it'd still be better then that of any gayfl match, right? Haha it's not too hard to accomplish that.

Hasn't Channel Nein/the NRL given the Donkeys a few extra days rest for their first finals match by scheduling their last round game on Thursday night?
It looks like they will have two more days to recover than their opponents, which ever team that turns out to be.
Gee I hope the Donkeys get knocked out of the finals early.
Can't believe the Broncos scheduling this year... Week after week they play on a bloody Friday night I don't think the nrl is trying to help them, they just want the $$$ in ratings. Yet this means the donkeys will get a good draw each year it's bloody ridiculous.

The NRL is to conservative to even have stand alone weekends for origin and would rather just show 8 weeks of sub-par footy as oposed to making the integrity of the competition the priority. This isn't a bad idea IMO but would probably be even further down the list of priorities.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4