The 5th Tackle

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Stevo

First Grader
I demand to know why we are hell bent on negative 5th tackle plays. Why do we kick it out every set. Why dont we ever compete for it in the air? Why dont we ever try for repeat sets?

This is only 1 of the negative things that goes on but its the ine that most needs answering.

That and why fo we have the worlds most over paid halfback and why we persist with the worlds best centre at fullback?

Tom is a fullback and thats where he should stay. While he missed a few good chances if he isn't our fullback we aren't even within a chance of scoring. I don't think there could be a more stupid idea then moving our best weapon and one of the best weapons in the comp out of his best position to take part in the game. There is zero calls from outside this site to move Tom and that's for good reason.

Our game plan 5th tackle options has been to kick for touch and give the opposition a breather instead of putting them under pressure .

Barretts gameplan against the best attacking side in the comp was to try and grind out a win.

Dragons were always going to score 5 tries tonight, we needed to score 6.

Penalty goals and negative 5th tackle options does not get you to 30 points.

Clueless.

The last three games have seen Manly adopt this pointless and negative tactic and it needs to be thrown away!! St Merge with their kicking game got 2 tries from kicks and 3 goal line drop outs. We are no threat on the last tackle and we have a guy who scored from a bomb in origin and we don't test their fullback who is a pygmy, this conservative mindset is killing us Barrett!! At 10-8 we had a chance to be right in the game and this tactic cost us dearly when the culprit who kicked the ball kicked it dead and our chance was gone. If we are going to belted we may as well go down swinging. I hate the fear that is currently in our team's performance!!

Tom is a fullback and thats where he should stay. While he missed a few good chances if he isn't our fullback we aren't even within a chance of scoring. I don't think there could be a more stupid idea then moving our best weapon and one of the best weapons in the comp out of his best position to take part in the game. There is zero calls from outside this site to move Tom and that's for good reason.

If all he is is a fullback then he is in trouble because he is **** at it. He is an out and out Inglis style ball running centre.

If he plays FB for NSW this series we lose. I dont think Freddy would be stupid enough to pick him there.

I demand to know why we are hell bent on negative 5th tackle plays. Why do we kick it out every set. Why dont we ever compete for it in the air? Why dont we ever try for repeat sets?

This is only 1 of the negative things that goes on but its the ine that most needs answering.

That and why fo we have the worlds most over paid halfback and why we persist with the worlds best centre at fullback?

The question is how would Wright go at fullback?

If he has even a basic ability to organise the defence then we are up on our current option.

TT can then move into a mainly attacking only roll which would suit him more and keep the youtube highlights type fans happy.

If all he is is a fullback then he is in trouble because he is **** at it. He is an out and out Inglis style ball running centre.

If he plays FB for NSW this series we lose. I dont think Freddy would be stupid enough to pick him there.

Freddy said he was lucky to be picked at all as he doesn't listen to the coach.

**** at it? Wow haha sorry but thats just nonsense, you have nothing to back up your claims beside some emotional fueled bs because he didnt a couple of passes in one game.

We will soon have some more backline options when The Doorman returns. And, as the vast majority of posters have been saying since pre-season, Tom Wright must be there somewhere; either 5/8, centre, winger or fullback. Suli is injured and Hodkinson is just about good enough to make the Blacktown team.

Tom T is simply a sensational player with a few glitches in his game.
Thing is - an average player is safe and will never do anything except be solid....this is NOT Tom....
I really feel he can be a super fullback, a great centre and yes they called it 12 times last nights game....a damn good 5/8.
In actual fact, the more Tom handles the ball the more dangerous he becomes.
His speed to split that A defender and edge could be a massive positive in attack rather than waiting for that select pass from Jake or wide man behind the block play.
Could have easily scored 2-3 more tries himself if Manly were owning the game so a player with even more potential than we have yet seen.
If he amps up more, especially defensively, will be u with the best.

Tom T is simply a sensational player with a few glitches in his game.
Thing is - an average player is safe and will never do anything except be solid....this is NOT Tom....
I really feel he can be a super fullback, a great centre and yes they called it 12 times last nights game....a damn good 5/8.
In actual fact, the more Tom handles the ball the more dangerous he becomes.
His speed to split that A defender and edge could be a massive positive in attack rather than waiting for that select pass from Jake or wide man behind the block play.
Could have easily scored 2-3 more tries himself if Manly were owning the game so a player with even more potential than we have yet seen.
If he amps up more, especially defensively, will be u with the best.
I agree the kid is a real talent. I don’t think he is a natural ball player and I think that he is a better runner of the ball. I have no problem with him at fullback we just have to get him hitting holes and playing direct rather than across field. I’ve got to say that Jake is one of the best back row forwards I have ever seen and I’m nearly sixty.

I agree the kid is a real talent. I don’t think he is a natural ball player and I think that he is a better runner of the ball. I have no problem with him at fullback we just have to get him hitting holes and playing direct rather than across field. I’ve got to say that Jake is one of the best back row forwards I have ever seen and I’m nearly sixty.
Respect your opinion as you would have witnessed the great Graham Eadie and more recently a personal favourite- Brett Stewart.
The key thing these players had, was the ability to direct the front line and constantly be in the ears of fellow team mates expecting more....really feel if Tom adds this factor - will be an all time great.

You’re spot on, he has been mentioned by a lot of pundits as a centre, even 5/8 was mentioned. Any you’re also right about barking orders. Eadie, Ridge and Stewart perfect examples. Tom is not a strong communicator.

Our game plan 5th tackle options has been to kick for touch and give the opposition a breather instead of putting them under pressure .
I think you get more high fives with this option
If you get a repeat set you don't have time for many as you've got to get set for the drop out, however in setting for a scrum you can high five the whole team, heck even the wingers will have time for one.
I suspect the great robbie Farrah has been in doing some kick for touch tactical plays with our halves, he has been the master of fu....ing up an attacking raid with a grubber into touch - whoo, whoo, whoo

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2