The 2018 Trials are SUPER important

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
Trials are about creating combinations/timing/structures and getting the body prepared for the gruelling body contact of the season ahead.
For manly the importance is Extremely important for the season ahead.
The roster still appears unsettled and there are a few players who can make a statement and become a part of the 17 man squad based on these games.
The new forwards - Sipley and Gosiewski are a big chance, but after the signing of Thompson who is a certain starter, its even harder for them and the regular forwards to battle out for positions....then we have young gun Paseka who after a pre season training with the big boys, a definite challenger for a bench spot.
Then of course the 5/8 spot - Hastings/Croker the obvious top options, but Metcalfe also a smokey who will get trial time.
Then we have the centre position where imo, Wright will get plenty of trial time, particularly with no Walker and could easily play himself into a spot for round 1.
Lets not forget Parker, who copped heaps after the Tigers game last season, but thought he looked great up till that point, more the timing and position of the error created bad hype.
Youngsters like Funa and Anderson could also have a run in the trials and though seem a year away, stranger things have happened and big form could see them a sight, more as backups if injuries (hope not) occur during the year.
The Positions of 5/8 and centre are open till Walker returns round 3-4 and there are any number of players who will battle for a spot in the pack....these trials shape as Massive importance for 2018 - can't wait - Bring it on!!

I hope the trials are streamed live.
Obviously and somewhat ad nauseam the 5\8 spot is our "pivotal" concern. Barrett does not seem too big on drastic changes so i expect the backline to be set other than the vacant centre and 5/8 spots.
The backrow of Jake, Siro snd thompson is set and they should play 60mins + every week.
The prop rotation is interesting, kapow and afb will fill two spots but the other spots (including starting prop) will be a work in progress.

Trials are about creating combinations/timing/structures and getting the body prepared for the gruelling body contact of the season ahead.
For manly the importance is Extremely important for the season ahead.
The roster still appears unsettled and there are a few players who can make a statement and become a part of the 17 man squad based on these games.
The new forwards - Sipley and Gosiewski are a big chance, but after the signing of Thompson who is a certain starter, its even harder for them and the regular forwards to battle out for positions....then we have young gun Paseka who after a pre season training with the big boys, a definite challenger for a bench spot.
Then of course the 5/8 spot - Hastings/Croker the obvious top options, but Metcalfe also a smokey who will get trial time.
Then we have the centre position where imo, Wright will get plenty of trial time, particularly with no Walker and could easily play himself into a spot for round 1.
Lets not forget Parker, who copped heaps after the Tigers game last season, but thought he looked great up till that point, more the timing and position of the error created bad hype.
Youngsters like Funa and Anderson could also have a run in the trials and though seem a year away, stranger things have happened and big form could see them a sight, more as backups if injuries (hope not) occur during the year.
The Positions of 5/8 and centre are open till Walker returns round 3-4 and there are any number of players who will battle for a spot in the pack....these trials shape as Massive importance for 2018 - can't wait - Bring it on!!
I am looking forward to the trial with great interest .
It's good to see players training the house down but what will count is the players that will tear the opposition down in the trails . My young sister is a great trainer but she is not a great NRL player . Get the drift ?

I am looking forward to the trial with great interest .
It's good to see players training the house down but what will count is the players that will tear the opposition down in the trails . My young sister is a great trainer but she is not a great NRL player . Get the drift ?

So your sister is being relegated to the Reggies then Bozo

Looking forward to a fully fit muscled up Lewy Brown to kick some arse.
Memories are made of this .....
The FORMER Kiwi international in action .

untitled.png

For mine, pretty well every position full strength is covered now except the 6, and the 17 (and even then, I think Winterstein is a lock for the 17 off the bench).

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Jorge Taufua
03. Brian Kelly
04. Dylan Walker
05. Akuila Uate
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Darcy Lussick
09. Apisai Koroisou
10. Marty Taupau
11. Joel Thompson
12. Curtis Sironen
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Lewis Brown
15. Addin Fonua-Blake
16. Lloyd Perrett
17. Frank Winterstein

When Walker is injured:

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Jorge Taufua
03. Brian Kelly
04. Akuila Uate
05. Tevita Funa
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Darcy Lussick
09. Apisai Koroisou
10. Marty Taupau
11. Joel Thompson
12. Curtis Sironen
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Lewis Brown
15. Addin Fonua-Blake
16. Lloyd Perrett
17. Frank Winterstein

For mine, pretty well every position full strength is covered now except the 6, and the 17 (and even then, I think Winterstein is a lock for the 17 off the bench).

01.Tom Trbojevic
02. Jorge Taufua
03. Brian Kelly
04. Dylan Walker
05. Akuila Uate
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Darcy Lussick
09. Apisai Koroisou
10. Marty Taupau
11. Joel Thompson
12. Curtis Sironen
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Lewis Brown
15. Addin Fonua-Blake
16. Lloyd Perrett
17. Frank Winterstein

When Walker is injured:

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Jorge Taufua
03. Brian Kelly
04. Akuila Uate
05. Tevita Funa
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Darcy Lussick
09. Apisai Koroisou
10. Marty Taupau
11. Joel Thompson
12. Curtis Sironen
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Lewis Brown
15. Addin Fonua-Blake
16. Lloyd Perrett
17. Frank Winterstein
If I was coach I would bring all the squad together and tell them that trials are important as they give us a guide to what each player brings to the team. Apart from the Elite class players all positions are up for grabs and the trials are an exciting opportunity for all to show me what they got for 2018. Competition breeds success and not complacency.

Team list
1. Tom Trbojevic
2. Akuila Uate
3. Position up for grabs (Walker injured )
4. Position up for grabs
5. Position up for grabs
(Tuafua out since round 13 2016 )
6. Position up for grabs
7. DCE
8. Position up for grabs
9. HApi
10. Kappow
11. Position up for grabs
(Thomo the new kid on the block can show us in the trials why we paid good money for him )
12. Position up for grabs
13. Jake Trbojevic.
14. Position up for grabs .
15 . Position up for grabs
16. Position up for grabs
17. Position up for grabs .

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Jorge Taufua
03. Brian Kelly
04. Dylan Walker
05. Akuila Uate
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Darcy Lussick
09. Apisai Koroisou
10. Marty Taupau
11. Joel Thompson
12. Curtis Sironen
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Lewis Brown
15. Addin Fonua-Blake
16. Lloyd Perrett
17. Frank Winterstein

When Walker is injured:

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Jorge Taufua
03. Brian Kelly
04. Akuila Uate
05. Tevita Funa
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Darcy Lussick
09. Apisai Koroisou
10. Marty Taupau
11. Joel Thompson
12. Curtis Sironen
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Lewis Brown
15. Addin Fonua-Blake
16. Lloyd Perrett
17. Frank Winterstein

Anderson for funa on the wing?

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Jorge Taufua
03. Brian Kelly
04. Dylan Walker
05. Akuila Uate
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Darcy Lussick
09. Apisai Koroisou
10. Marty Taupau
11. Joel Thompson
12. Curtis Sironen
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Lewis Brown
15. Addin Fonua-Blake
16. Lloyd Perrett
17. Frank Winterstein

When Walker is injured:

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Jorge Taufua
03. Brian Kelly
04. Akuila Uate
05. Tevita Funa
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Darcy Lussick
09. Apisai Koroisou
10. Marty Taupau
11. Joel Thompson
12. Curtis Sironen
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Lewis Brown
15. Addin Fonua-Blake
16. Lloyd Perrett
17. Frank Winterstein
With the amount of talent coming through I’d be absolutely livid if Lewis Brown has first dibs on the utility role. Particularly now that we have Thompson who can play in the centres at a much higher quality than Brown ever could. So, considering Lewis is no longer needed to cover in the backline, that means his utility value appears to be at hooker or in the backrow. Young Fainu, Hastings or Croker are much better options at nine (and offer cover in other positions as well) And you have Winterstein on the bench, both Winterstein and Lane are much better backrowers than Brown, and although he’s adequate cover who tries hard, he’s nothing more than an average player who in the side you posted, would be used as a hooker. Basically he’d be blocking the path of a more talented player.

Last edited:
With the amount of talent coming through I’d be absolutely livid if Lewis Brown has first dibs on the utility role. Particularly now that we have Thompson who can play in the centres at a much higher quality than Brown ever could. So, considering Lewis is no longer needed to cover in the backline, that means his utility value is at hooker or in the backrow. Young Fainu, Hastings or Croker are much better options. More so if you have Winterstein or Lane on the bench, both are better backrowers than Brown, and although he’s adequate cover who tries hard, he’s now not much more than an average hooker who would be blocking the way for a more talented player.
Very clever Kevin . I like a prop with brains

With the amount of talent coming through I’d be absolutely livid if Lewis Brown has first dibs on the utility role. Particularly now that we have Thompson who can play in the centres at a much higher quality than Brown ever could. So, considering Lewis is no longer needed to cover in the backline, that means his utility value appears to be at hooker or in the backrow. Young Fainu, Hastings or Croker are much better options at nine (and offer cover in other positions as well) And you have Winterstein on the bench, both Winterstein and Lane are much better backrowers than Brown, and although he’s adequate cover who tries hard, he’s nothing more than an average player who in the side you posted, would be used as a hooker. Basically he’d be blocking the path of a more talented player.
Jack Gosiewski is another back rower with balls .

If I was coach I would bring all the squad together and tell them that trials are important as they give us a guide to what each player brings to the team. Apart from the Elite class players all positions are up for grabs and the trials are an exciting opportunity for all to show me what they got for 2018. Competition breeds success and not complacency.

Team list
1. Tom Trbojevic
2. Akuila Uate
3. Position up for grabs (Walker injured )
4. Position up for grabs
5. Position up for grabs
(Tuafua out since round 13 2016 )
6. Position up for grabs
7. DCE
8. Position up for grabs
9. HApi
10. Kappow
11. Position up for grabs
(Thomo the new kid on the block can show us in the trials why we paid good money for him )
12. Position up for grabs
13. Jake Trbojevic.
14. Position up for grabs .
15 . Position up for grabs
16. Position up for grabs
17. Position up for grabs .
I doubt that many positions are available. Centre and 5/8 and maybe one or two bench spots are available thats about it.

1 T Trbojevic
2 Taufua
3 Walker (Position available)
4 Kelly
5 Uate
6 (Position available)
7 Cherry-Evans
8 (Position available)
9 Koroisau
10 Taupau
11 Thompson
12 Sironen
13 J Trbojevic

14 Brown
15 (Position available)
16 Winterstein
17 Fonua-Blake

I doubt that many positions are available. Centre and 5/8 and maybe one or two bench spots are available thats about it.

1 T Trbojevic
2 Taufua
3 Walker (Position available)
4 Kelly
5 Uate
6 (Position available)
7 Cherry-Evans
8 (Position available)
9 Koroisau
10 Taupau
11 Thompson
12 Sironen
13 J Trbojevic

14 Brown
15 (Position available)
16 Winterstein
17 Fonua-Blake
Selecting a first round NRL team without seeing trial games is not a wise move .
We will agree to disagree

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8