That penalty

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

DSM5

First Grader
I was thinking on Monday night when we got the penalty on the half way line, with ten seconds to go, how we could never get an advantage from that. One thought I had is that any penalty awarded in the last minute of any half, the team gets to play out six tackles before time off is whistled. Just a thought.

meh it's a penalty same as any other time you go with what you get. Kick it out before the siren, get the ball back and stick it up in the air and hope for the best.

strone33 said:
we should have gone for goal, even tho it was 47m out on the sideline...

Was thinking the same thing. I know it was a hard kick, but they kick them form that far out in union all the time.

Interesting...I think I like it DSM5. What about though at the end of a game, in a GF?

How about for any penalty blown in the last 60 seconds the awarded team gets to confine the ref to one 20 metre segment of the field and our last tackle kicker is allowed to move anywhere outside that 20 metre segment and gets one free kick it at him (the ref).

stoodamire said:
I think the ball is lighter in Union.

other way around, union balls are slightly heavier, hence going further (especially in South Africa at altitude)

Daniel said:
meh it's a penalty same as any other time you go with what you get. Kick it out before the siren, get the ball back and stick it up in the air and hope for the best.

I bet Kevin Kingston wishes they'd have gone for goal. Didn't he get hurt in the last tackle of the game?

DSM5 said:
I was thinking on Monday night when we got the penalty on the half way line, with ten seconds to go, how we could never get an advantage from that. One thought I had is that any penalty awarded in the last minute of any half, the team gets to play out six tackles before time off is whistled. Just a thought.

yeah thats a good idea, but what if we knock on in that set after the siren has sounded & the opposition pick up the ball pass it through some hands then score..
I like the idea DSM but if it was implemented i would also want the game to be ended once the team who was given the set of 6 after the siren , knock on ,drop it or get it(ball) taken in a one on one tackle..

I would probably ammend it to say 2 or 3 tackles rather than the full set

A full set is a good idea, but only if we have the ball. If the opposition have the ball, then the game should end on the first tackle. Unless they drop the ball in the tackle, then we should be given a complete set of 6 because we are not responsible for their poor handling. Any try scored by us during that set of 6 should be an 8 point try because of the emotional and physical stress we will have endured by their poor ball security.

I'm pretty sure in Rugby Yawnion its an absolute stinker with the penalty on half or full time. If you kick for touch thats it!! You dont get it back- just head to the dressing sheds??
Thats why they just tap & go - its pi## poor imo & hardly an advantage.
1 of soooo many reasons we are the superior game & if you dont see 58 foward passes & knock ons in a Yawnion game your playing too many drinking games...:p

MK Eagle said:
I'm pretty sure in Rugby Yawnion its an absolute stinker with the penalty on half or full time. If you kick for touch thats it!! You dont get it back- just head to the dressing sheds??
Thats why they just tap & go - its pi## poor imo & hardly an advantage.
1 of soooo many reasons we are the superior game & if you dont see 58 foward passes & knock ons in a Yawnion game your playing too many drinking games...:p

It fits within their rules though, as essentially play only ever stops for a penalty, or if the ball goes out

Speaking of penalties in the last minute or two - wish i could bet on us getting them as we get them most weeks for an even up

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4