Thankyou Bulldogs...

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

MK Eagle

Bencher
As a proud long time Seaeagles supporter I have watched every tackle of every game for the past 30 years.
I am proud to announce the current rivalry between Manly & Dogs for mine is bigger than any , including the purple cheats & that Legendary Parra team that frustrated me as a kid way back in the 80's, at least I respected them (meaning Eels not Storm).
Never have I wanted Manly to win a premiership than 2012.
I am very competitive & lets rewind to the 2011 GF. If we lose to NZ I am absolutely dejected & not the best of company however, I dont mind the Warriors & could have accepted it a little....graciously.
There are so many unsavoury factors with these Dogs including the underhanded Des/Cleal & Foz saga, Ennis and numerous other grubs who try to ref every call & are the main instigators, odd salary cap numbers, patronising fans who have hidden under rocks the last 15 years, super league supremes & so much more.
Confident we will get them if we scramble into the GF (if they make it) but will openly confess I will support anyone playing them in any game.
Thanks Dogs - I love getting fired up for a good footy game & you provide all the ingredients.

Agreed MK. I said to my mate last night that the Bulldogs had surpassed the Storm as the most despised team amongst alot of Manly supporters. And that is saying something.

The sight of Des and Crusher sitting there last night in blue and white made me sick.
I don't know how they sleep at night after making a deal with the devil.

I think Ennis's problem, when he plays against Manly, is that he grew up a Manly supporter and now realises he is not good enough to play for them. Bittersweet times for Michael.

Let's see if I get a bite...

It might also be the fact that the pissweak referees cop all the **** Ennis throws at them and caters to him instead of telling him to shut the **** up and stop trying to referee the game. It was incredible last night the lattitude those 2 pink clowns were giving him. Weak minded fools those 2 refs and they got suckered into his bull ****.

Major realisation that we stuffed up letting the best 21st century coach and support crew leave! What a mess our "wise" board did with this.

Can tell you mate , I don't know one dogs supporter who has hidden under a rock for 15 years , you only have to look at our home crowd figures .
If I were you , I would be looking in my own backyard ; 2 players on report , another may be sited by match review commitee and your co captain hurt . You guys need to regroup fast .

Clint said:
Agreed MK. I said to my mate last night that the Bulldogs had surpassed the Storm as the most despised team amongst alot of Manly supporters. And that is saying something.

The sight of Des and Crusher sitting there last night in blue and white made me sick.
I don't know how they sleep at night after making a deal with the devil.

Rather than point the finger at Des and Crusher why not direct your anger at the pelicans that let them walk out of the joint ?
Couldnt run a chook raffle .
As far as I knew Des was contracted to coach at Manly this year

barrack o barba said:
Can tell you mate , I don't know one dogs supporter who has hidden under a rock for 15 years , you only have to look at our home crowd figures .
If I were you , I would be looking in my own backyard ; 2 players on report , another may be sited by match review commitee and your co captain hurt . You guys need to regroup fast .

Yeah you only have to look at the aftermath of your home crowd figures too. Bashings hooliganism and vandalism.The only citing should be the gutless dog that threw a forearm straight into Choc's face. The only thing in our backyard mate is a bunch of premierships and finals appearances rather than a bag full of cheating, lieing and salary cap rorting.

barrack o barba said:
Check the mirror for starters, cant remember you stalking Seaeagles sites when the Dogs got done rorting caps or finishing outside the 8???
As for your Dogs, dont get too cocky, any coach who watched the game will note that Barba ran away from bombs like it was a grenade & looked scared at the back passing all night apart from a clear run to the line. Also,I think the painkillers have worn off on grub Innis who has serious rib damage, he should be available by a fortnight when get knocked out of the comp. Enjoy.

Yeah, that about sums it up for me.

The raid on Manly has been the most systematic pillaging of another club I have seen in all my time following football. Do you remember how the Dog fans carried on when Mason went to the roosters - how he'd betrayed the club, including all that 'bred and not bought' rubbish. Imagine their reaction if we had systematically raided their club after they had won the premiership. They got Hasler and most of the Manly coaching staff, but what they really got was 30 years of manly club culture, hard work and dedication that had gone into making Hasler the coach he was. While the dogs routinely flick coaches who don't immediately produce for them, Manly were giving a completely untried, clueless club legend a shot, and they were prepared to give him time. If Hasler had started as a coach at the dogs he wouldn't have made it beyond his first 2 years before he got knifed.

The dogs can't develop their own players let alone coaching staff. IF they were to win the comp this year I'd rate it even lower than Melbourne's wins in 07 and 09.

Darren said:
Major realisation that we stuffed up letting the best 21st century coach and support crew leave! What a mess our "wise" board did with this.

Maybe Darren, but the situation had become so toxic that perhaps the blame lies somewhere in the middle? The Board (or elements of it) must accept some blame, but so should Hasler.

Talk about an over reaction. We lost a coach and some support staff. One player has decided to leave and join the former coach. Hardly wholesale plunder. If we finished dead last then you could carry on like this, but in case you didn't notice we finished 4th and were premiership favourites up till last night. Looks like they weren't too badly misssed.

Des was given every opportunity to stay, he decided to leave. HE decided to entice support staff to go with him, not the Bulldogs.

I agree about their slimey tactics, but they're just so hungry - Des has instilled that in them.

Bottom line is, i fear, they beat us at Brooky, last night's game was similar.

If (with some good luck) we play them in the GF, the Sea Eagles will have to do something very 'different' to beat them then. And its hard to see, how that could be formulated, by the current team and coaching style.

How did the Raiders beat them - precisely ? Is that the type of footy you could realistically do in a Finals match ?>?

Let not get too carried away with the Des super coach narrative. The dogs thought Kevin Moore could have been the " best 21st century coach" when he took them from wooden spoon in 08 to a point off the minor premiership in 09. They Knifed him a season and a half later.

Berkeley_Eagle said:
lol if it comes down to dogs v Storm
Perish the thought I would be backing the Storm *Slaps forehead

Agreed I would be backing the Storm. What a vile despicable garbage of a club the dogs are. No culture, no class of their own just a bunch of wannabes.

Darren said:

I don't know what happened with Des and the board and it's clear that there's problems there. As for Des, the rumours are that he was shopping around as early as July to get out. We had not won a second premiership under his coaching at that time. By the time all were aware that Des was going to walk the club did everything that their budget allowed them to, to keep him.
Des is responsible for his own choices. He has KPI's to meet at the doggies and we all know the money situation reported was a croc. He is receiving a heap more $$$ than Manly could have paid him.
We may have disfunction at board level. It seems most club's do but ours is the most publicised.
Des left. He wasn't thrown out (I know the club sacked him in the end but Dessie had made his choice). He chose to leave the club, players and fans that he had a 28 year association with.
And we need to remind ourselves as this season's title defence is looking pretty similar to '09, our coach then was Mr. Hasler.

MK is it really that hard to acknowledge that the Bulldogs put on a solid performance.

The game was an absolute cracker, but in the end the sides approached it from two different angles, and in this case, the Bulldogs had that right angle.

Manly went for the physical approach, which, to be honest almost worked last game against us, and certainly worked the first. Des however saw it coming and trained the team to absorb that physical aspect and play through it.

Sure injuries to Manly during the game didn't help, but that's footy.

Either way I thought it was a great game of footy for all fans of Rugby League, whoever you support.

EagleFromMay1967 said:
How did the Raiders beat them - precisely ? Is that the type of footy you could realistically do in a Finals match ?>?
40% of that game was Raiders their best footy all season, 60% was the Dogs being absolutely terrible. Jono Wright had an absolute shocker that day as his wife was due to give birth anyday, and, by his own admission his mind wasn't on the job.

Mr I if that is your idea of a great game of footy you need to get out more often. Error riddled, low completions, no 10m, Dogs lying in the tackle all night, and Dogs diving and milking penalties. Crap game as far as spectacles go. Dogs won fair and square, no arguments, they played to the whistle and got the latitude to slow the play down to their pace. But it won't even go down as one of the best games this weekend.

We did fine without Des, Problem is that now he has cloned Manly we now have to bash ourselves silly instead of bashing Melbourne, Brisbane etc. Any other club and i would have felt better. Penrith, Parra even the Roosters. But to go to that scum super league, cheating, cap rorting club and pretend you like them and win a premiership for them to serve your overgrown ego, all for Money!!! thats what kills me.
And dont tell me the NRL dont organise things to work out nicely for TV. Manly and dogs havent played in a Final since 1995 but they made sure it happened this year! Same way both Qld teams play each other. Ratings winners.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4