Thank you for the GF Replay

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Robbo

My friend and I took our kids to this and if it is any consolation to the organisers, the kids literally described it as the best night of their lives.

Every player gave genuine time and interest to the kids - they were fantastic. I must make special mention to Brent Kite who is a thorough gentleman and an asset to the club. For those high up, keep this man in whatever capacity you can.

Many thanks to those who put in the work to organise such a treat.

Hi Robbo...when you say " any consolation to the organisers ", does this mean there was a dissapointing turn out ??? As Pauline says, please explain .

How many attended, was the Manly chant heard, any banners, how much popcorn was consumed by the players

It was a great night. I made the winning bid in the auction to sit next to the Wolfman. I sat there for two seconds just to get a photo, then gave the seat to a little boy for the rest of the night. He had a pretty big grin on his face at full-time. Got my pic with the trophy and all the players were, as usual, more than happy to chat with the fans. Notable absentees were DCE, Foran, Choc and 2V.

bones said:
It was great night. I made the winning bid in the auction to sit next to the Wolfman. I sat there for two seconds just to get a photo, then gave the seat to a little boy for the rest of the night. He had a pretty big grin on his face at full-time.

I know you weren't wanting recognition but good on ya bones. That's the sort of stuff that will stay with the young bloke forever and make him a Manly fan for life. Good work.

bones said:
It was great night. I made the winning bid in the auction to sit next to the Wolfman. I sat there for two seconds just to get a photo, then gave the seat to a little boy for the rest of the night. He had a pretty big grin on his face at full-time.
Nice

Great event, well done to Larissa for the organisation also good to meet her.

The turn out could of been better, probably 2/3 full. But what could we expect with the des shinanigans.

There were hisses every time dessie was shown on the screen, which did get a little embarrassing after a while.

Most players did shoot through quickly after.
But they were very good to the fans while they were there.
Good to see Vidmar again.

WESTIE said:
Hi Robbo...when you say " any consolation to the organisers ", does this mean there was a dissapointing turn out ??? As Pauline says, please explain .

Hi Westie,
The turnout was a little disappointing. About 65% full. I'm not from the Nthern beaches and made quite an effort to get there and it was genuinely worthwhile. I expected it to be full to be honest.

That said, those that came up with the idea and organised it should be proud of their efforts. This Des saga has really hurt the celebrations but it is definately possible for the team top prosper from here on. They can move forward and grow stronger. Des is a great coach but not the only one.

65% full would have been an overestimation. However Kite and Lyon and the others made it an excellent time. Kitey walked along every row talking and shaking hands. Very good. Last time this event was held it was in January during the school holidays which would have swollen the crowd then. Wednesday night during the term wasn't a great choice, but maybe that was forced on the organizers. Can't complain to much as I enjoyed seeing some travelling supporters and some bloggers as well as the game on the big screen. Shame about Laurie Daley's crap commentary. Total tool.

If say 65% full. How many people is that approx? I personally think it's disappointing it wasn't a sell out. I would have been all over it if I wasn't over 4,000ks away. At the risk of sounding like a whinger, if these functions aren't supported, the club won't be bothered to put them on in the future. I just hope the locals realise how lucky they are to see our heros and to have the opportunity to get photo's etc. and with the premiership trophy. I am so jealous. Well done to those that attended, and that includes the players.

Robbo said:
WESTIE said:

Hi Westie,
The turnout was a little disappointing. About 65% full. I'm not from the Nthern beaches and made quite an effort to get there and it was genuinely worthwhile. I expected it to be full to be honest.

That said, those that came up with the idea and organised it should be proud of their efforts. This Des saga has really hurt the celebrations but it is definately possible for the team top prosper from here on. They can move forward and grow stronger. Des is a great coach but not the only one.

As I am from out of town, I was just wondering, other than on here and the club website, how much advertising of the cinema screening of the Grand Final replay was carried out on the northern beaches?

The best part of the night was the small feature at the beginning of the night about the team flying around the outback of NSW spreading the gospel with kids from various schools way out west. The players looked like they really got into it and their enjoyment, along with the kids, was on show. It was very touching. Well done the Manly Club.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6